• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

The player I covet the most in the top 10 for us is Cole Anthony. I think our system is perfect. He would fit in instantly and his trade value will be sky high by year 3 to the point if we had that one missing piece, he could help us trade for it. 

Since this is an extremely strong PG class rivaling 2009, that's where I am leaning. I like LaMelo Ball and his potential but his floor is low and we don't have big mins. 

All of the top PG's fit our PnR heavy system. So this class is very appealing to me for PG's. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, thecampster said:

You know I agree with you way more than is healthy for my street cred....but if that pick lands us Edwards or Wiseman (or.....eh maybe Ball), it will be worth it. I'm thinking draft day trade is possibly where that pick is spent if one of those 3 aren't going to be available to us and probably only the 2 of them. So holding it to see how the 2nd half of the season shakes out is not a bad idea.

Neither Edwards nor Wiseman hep this team win in 2021.  Both are extremely flawed prospects.  

There's just no need to trade both your picks now and lose all the leverage you have and I've been on the side of possibly not making a pick in 1-4. Makes a lot more sense to hold on to it, see where the draft lottery falls, and then potentially shop the pick at the draft to see who bites and for what.

Honestly, what I'd probably like for the draft now is one of the following:

1. Just take who you consider the BPA and have them help bolster the bench. If they develop, then you potentially have trade bait between them or other players on the roster (depending on if the player is a PG or not).

2. Try to acquire an established young player with your pick and potentially a little more attached, but it feels like #1 is much more likely.

56 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The player I covet the most in the top 10 for us is Cole Anthony. I think our system is perfect. He would fit in instantly and his trade value will be sky high by year 3 to the point if we had that one missing piece, he could help us trade for it. 

Since this is an extremely strong PG class rivaling 2009, that's where I am leaning. I like LaMelo Ball and his potential but his floor is low and we don't have big mins. 

All of the top PG's fit our PnR heavy system. So this class is very appealing to me for PG's. 

That’s all the more reason to trade out of this draft.  

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, thecampster said:

@Supes so back to the Bembry thing. It seems no less than 6 teams called on Bembry but all were trying to get him for nothing of value because they see us going Cam, Kevin, Hunter at the 2/3. They all thought we were looking to dump him.  It seems LP very much likes him and says he's been very good to the rooks and took the step back like a man and a professional. They are valuing him as a pro.

That's interesting. I like that.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Neither Edwards nor Wiseman hep this team win in 2021.  Both are extremely flawed prospects.  

I can’t disagree here BUT I do believe even though Edwards is flawed if he’s coming off the bench at SG along with teague I think he COULD impact games scoring wise then again he’d need to show he’s capable of playing off ball more.

yeah I don’t know ...we could trade it but for who if we landed the number 1 pick...it would need to be a very good starter that can instantly help us win.

we could draft wiseman and let him learn like Miami did with Bam. That actually may be very much worth it! It takes bigs a good amount of time to develop and now that we have capela maybe we can sacrifice that needed time 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KB21 said:

Well, some in the fan base believes that bottoming the team out is a good idea as well, so......

It actually WAS a good idea. This is the most talented roster we’ve ever had in my time as a Hawks fan.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

It actually WAS a good idea. This is the most talented roster we’ve ever had in my time as a Hawks fan.

14-38 

that’s the third year record for this roster as we speak.  Talented rosters don’t lose like this.  

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

14-38 

that’s the third year record for this roster as we speak.  Talented rosters don’t lose like this.  

Stop this. This is why you ran away the first time digging yourself in holes like this. 

You’re purposely discounting the impact moves we JUST made just to be contentious.

Schlenk has been killing it as GM and you just can’t bite the bullet. You were wrong about him. 

I bet we play .500 or better for the rest of the season.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, EazyRoc said:

Stop this. This is why you ran away the first time digging yourself in holes like this. 

You’re purposely discounting the impact moves we JUST made just to be contentious.

Schlenk has been killing it as GM and you just can’t bite the bullet. You were wrong about him. 

I bet we play .500 or better for the rest of the season.

Let me know when Travis builds a playoff team.  

8 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

When it happens next year..ahead of “your schedule”..you’ll just find a way to wiggle out of admitting you’re wrong.

I’m going to look ahead to the 2021 draft, because Atlanta will have another lottery pick and will not trade it.  

56 minutes ago, JTB said:

I can’t disagree here BUT I do believe even though Edwards is flawed if he’s coming off the bench at SG along with teague I think he COULD impact games scoring wise then again he’d need to show he’s capable of playing off ball more.

yeah I don’t know ...we could trade it but for who if we landed the number 1 pick...it would need to be a very good starter that can instantly help us win.

we could draft wiseman and let him learn like Miami did with Bam. That actually may be very much worth it! It takes bigs a good amount of time to develop and now that we have capela maybe we can sacrifice that needed time 

I don't think we take Wiseman. Think we tipped our hand and said we weren't a big fan of him by acquiring two bigs.

Honestly do think the move is probably going to be BPA and have the BPA play off the bench. If Reddish keeps up legitimate progress, lets see...a top 10 of this for 20-21...

Young
Reddish
Hunter
Collins
Capela

Backup PG - ? (potentially Teague since he talked about returning before he was traded to Atlanta)
Huerter
Draft Pick potentially?
Free agent pickup? (Bertans/McRae/whoever else you can think of) 
Dedmon

Plus potentially adding a veteran or two on a one year to either help if needed or be a voice, if that looks bad, you're that superhero that's holding that picture frame of Mike Budenholzer in the meme about missing someone/something and still angry that he's gone.

For reference, a look at what we've had at times this year, and it's not to forget the injuries and suspension either...

The opening starting lineup was Young/Reddish/Hunter/Collins/Len

Guys like Bembry, Parker, and Evan Turner were playing key minutes off the bench. 

Len really struggled as a starter.

Collins then gets suspended, and a guy that's a smaller PF then replaced him and you ended up with an ISO based lineup for a while that played horrible defense to compound it.

Huerter gets injured for a major period of time and Turner proves to not be very effective, leading to wings that still needed time (at least early with Reddish and you can say that's going on with Hunter now) to be playing tons of minutes, with one of them playing a lot in a much faster based offense than what he was used to, likely tiring him out and hurting him for now overall.

And you still have a Russian roulette of injuries going on now. I guess you can say it's Karma for tearing it down unnecessarily if that's in your head, but that's what's going on.

To add on, Evan Turner has been not so great in the locker room as well at times.

If you can get to where you're 12 deep with good depth, maybe it won't happen for sure, but I'd say there's a legit case to be made to see progress IFFFFFFFFFFF you see the right moves this time.

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I’m going to look ahead to the 2021 draft, because Atlanta will have another lottery pick and will not trade it.  

Why would someone trade that pick right now ? This is least advantageous time to trade it if you were going to. 

9 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

Why would someone trade that pick right now ? This is least advantageous time to trade it if you were going to. 

yeah I said earlier in the thread that you lose all your leverage by having no first round picks on draft night, I'm not necessarily against not making a pick for the team 1-5, but making a trade on draft night or closer to then would be smarter, if you choose to go that way.

Right now I'm actually truly not making a first round pick in this draft without maybe making a trade down and possibly acquiring a young player already in the NBA. It just doesn't excite me. Edwards might change my mind as a BPA and have him be a bench scorer a couple weeks later if he continues to dominant while he's on a team that's being held back by the hideous coaching in Tom Crean. That kid is honestly about 2-3 more performances of what he's done most recently from being able to peace out. He needs the NBA or another college to be able to get to do better because Crean is trash as a coach.

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 1