• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Agreed, the roster shouldn't all be twenty somethings for several big reasons. 

its worked well for Memphis but their vets are very solid, healthy and near prime. Valinciunas and Crowder. I guess they just traded Jae so we will see how they perform without him.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, turnermx said:

Quite frankly, I was shocked to see Hunter's numbers somewhat solid over the past 10 games.  He is turning the ball over a little much but is shooting 3s around 35%, 43% FGs overall.. I am disappointed in his performance overall this season but I think he got hurt the most by Collins suspension having to fill in at the NBA 4 where he is out of position, while at the same time trying to adjust to NBA 3 where he is out of position relative to VA Cavaliers where he played College 4

Agree, following his numbers though is really weird because his volume for stats is so low most of the time. I get that offseason is key for everyone and our rooks will benefit tremendously more than others. Just think Hunter has suffered more than everyone with the minutes required. Cam has held up better in my view. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Agree, following his numbers though is really weird because his volume for stats is so low most of the time. Offseason is key for everyone but our rooks will benefit tremendously more than others. Just think Hunter has suffered more than everyone with the minutes required. Cam has held up better in my view. 

Its like Cam and Hunter swapped bodies. One would expect Cam to hit a wall and struggle like this.  I am very excited about how they both look after offseason and preseason at the start of 20-21.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

With virtually no Summer League, both Cam and Dre  had no momentum entering the season. I can’t wait to see them get some work in over the summer to further build their games up and hopefully have a better identity entering their sophomore seasons. I think Cam and Dre arent even scratching the surface of their true potential. Only time will tell

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

I don't think I want Teague back.  He has been a low energy guy at every stop,  He isn't a guy I want the young fellas absorbing.  He is fine for this year, but next year give me a back up PG with some dog in him. Shelvin Mack type energy

I agree to an extent. He has quickly reminded me of why I didn’t miss him while he was gone, however I think we can do much worse at backup. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

I don't think I want Teague back.  He has been a low energy guy at every stop,  He isn't a guy I want the young fellas absorbing.  He is fine for this year, but next year give me a back up PG with some dog in him. Shelvin Mack type energy

I feel you, but lets see how it plays out the rest of the year. I am not opposed to trying to bring in Kris Dunn but he injured his MCL just recently..

• Like 3

• Premium Member
52 minutes ago, turnermx said:

Quite frankly, I was shocked to see Hunter's numbers somewhat solid over the past 10 games.  He is turning the ball over a little much but is shooting 3s around 35%, 43% FGs overall.. I am disappointed in his performance overall this season but I think he got hurt the most by Collins suspension having to fill in at the NBA 4 where he is out of position, while at the same time trying to adjust to NBA 3 where he is out of position relative to VA Cavaliers where he played College 4

I said previously JC's absence was really a big blow to the rookies. JC could communicate LPs plan to the rookies, Parker couldn't as he himself was new to the team. Len might have survived as a starter with JC.

He was expected to start with Huerter and JC who could help him with his role.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Thanks to all of the guys giving me and @thecampster thanks. First of all to mention directly, thank you @thecampster, I couldn't have done it without you. Thank you a ton. Thanks to the mods and all of the posters who supported this thread. Thank you all

Gonna have a ton of support when the thread is this on target with information that tends to change within minutes if not seconds. A wild deadline this year and has been so much more fun than in the past. Great job cats.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Some fans only see the win - loss of their team.  With an older team this would be true.  With so many very young players on the Hawks roster there is more than this.  There is much learning to do, both on the floor and out in the world.

The Hawks aren't the only young team in the league, just one the worst young team in the league.  Heck we aren't even in the top 5 of the youngest or least experienced rosters but yet have the 3rd worst record in front of only Cleveland and Golden state.

Youngest rosters by average age:

1. Phoenix Suns (24.49)
  2. Chicago Bulls (24.83)
  3. Golden State Warriors (24.87)
  4. Minnesota Timberwolves (24.91)
  5. New York Knicks (24.98)

Least experienced rosters by average seasons of NBA experience:

1. Boston Celtics (2.73)
  2. Phoenix Suns (2.80)
  3. Chicago Bulls (3.07)
  4. Minnesota Timberwolves (3.40)
  5. Indiana Pacers (3.53)

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/11/youngest-oldest-nba-rosters-for-201920.html

But keep believing your fantasy!

• Premium Member

Never you mind.  Did some napkin math to generate a weighted average (takes into consideration player minutes).

Team W Avg.
MEM 24.03
ATL 24.15
CHI 24.28
GSW 24.57
NYK 24.59
CHO 24.59
PHO 24.79
CLE 24.99
MIN 25.17
BOS 25.27
NOP 25.48
MIA 25.49
OKC 25.53
WAS 25.56
DEN 25.61
IND 25.62
ORL 25.91
DET 25.96
DAL 25.99
PHI 26.37
BRK 26.38
TOR 26.68
SAC 27.24
LAC 27.32
POR 27.47
UTA 27.52
SAS 28.15
HOU 28.96
MIL 29.22
LAL 29.57
  • Thanks 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, mrhonline said:

Never you mind.  Did some napkin math to generate a weighted average (takes into consideration player minutes).

Team W Avg.
MEM 24.03
ATL 24.15
CHI 24.28
GSW 24.57
NYK 24.59
CHO 24.59
PHO 24.79
CLE 24.99
MIN 25.17
BOS 25.27
NOP 25.48
MIA 25.49
OKC 25.53
WAS 25.56
DEN 25.61
IND 25.62
ORL 25.91
DET 25.96
DAL 25.99
PHI 26.37
BRK 26.38
TOR 26.68
SAC 27.24
LAC 27.32
POR 27.47
UTA 27.52
SAS 28.15
HOU 28.96
MIL 29.22
LAL 29.57

The Hawks are still worse than teams around them and far worse than team whose average age is slightly more than a year older.  So I'm not sure what the argument is.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

The Hawks are still worse than teams around them and far worse than team whose average age is slightly more than a year older.  So I'm not sure what the argument is.

Other than your above statement being wrong, there's no argument.

You can clearly see that the Hornets, Warriors, Knicks, and Cavs are just as young and just as bad.

• Thanks 1