• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

51 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Well, considering we have Carter that is significantly increasing the average age, comparing with Memphis I think we are younger.

Young (21) / Morant (20)

Huerter (21) / Brooks (24)

Hunter ( 22) / Winslow (23)

Collins (22) / JJJ( 20)

Capela (25) / Valanciunas (27)

Bench 

Cam (20) / Melton (21)

Dedmon (30) / Dieng(30)

Goodwin (24) / Jones (23)

Fernando (21)/ Bell (25)

Skal (23)/Clarke (23)

Bembry (25)/ Anderson (26)

In all fairness. Both teams have zero wins or losses with this projected lineup. 

Memphis is 11th in minutes played by youth. With the trades they made, expect that to go up. For the Hawks, expect it to go way down. By the end of the season, both of these teams still be close to each other. I can see both going in opposite ways in the standings.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, mrhonline said:

Other than your above statement being wrong, there's no argument.

You can clearly see that the Hornets, Warriors, Knicks, and Cavs are just as young and just as bad.

Memphis is .500 and is younger. The Warriors are hurt. Only the Cavs have a worse record.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Memphis is .500 and is younger. The Warriors are hurt. Only the Cavs have a worse record.

Memphis is younger only looking at their roster on paper. In practice they had the luxury of playing more minutes with experienced players, until the recent trade which will change that.  

• Like 4

6 hours ago, AHF said:

Memphis has been pretty healthy and had no suspensions.  They haven’t been running out a VC equivalent at PF or C because they were missing 3-5 front court players. That said, they were constructed to be more competitive than us this year.  

I'm not sure how anyone can complain about the extent of the losing this year given the casualties they have had to deal with. 

The 6 players thought to be the core group of the team has missed 60 combined games. Add in another 20 games missed by Parker prior to the trade and the team never had a chance to be successful.

Now, that isnt to say there isnt legitimate criticism due for the construction of the team. There is. But this team could easily have another 8-10 wins if JC wasn't suspended, Parker didn't miss 20 games, Kevin 10, and Trae 6. It they were 23-30 right now instead of 14-39 they would still be bad but it wouldn't feel THIS bad. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I'm not sure how anyone can complain about the extent of the losing this year given the casualties they have had to deal with. 

The 6 players thought to be the core group of the team has missed 60 combined games. Add in another 20 games missed by Parker prior to the trade and the team never had a chance to be successful.

Now, that isnt to say there isnt legitimate criticism due for the construction of the team. There is. But this team could easily have another 8-10 wins if JC wasn't suspended, Parker didn't miss 20 games, Kevin 10, and Trae 6. It they were 23-30 right now instead of 14-39 they would still be bad but it wouldn't feel THIS bad. 

Wasn't Vince suppose to prevent all of this?  You know, teach the guys how to take care of their bodies and not to break the rules? 

28 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Wasn't Vince suppose to prevent all of this?  You know, teach the guys how to take care of their bodies and not to break the rules? 

Ok. You are just being petty now. No one wanted Vince to get the prime minutes he's gotten this year.  No one. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

That was a shot at Graymule since he loves Vince so much! 😇

Some day, when you are older, you may begin to understand some of this thinking.  VC wasn't expected to prevent everything, just be there to talk to these youngsters and advise them.  Some will listen and learn.  Others must learn from their own experience.

:hi:

• Like 4

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Some day, when you are older, you may begin to understand some of this thinking.  VC wasn't expected to prevent everything, just be there to talk to these youngsters and advise them.  Some will listen and learn.  Others must learn from their own experience.

:hi:

The saying "you can't stop/fix stupid" applies.  Personal responsibility also applies when the training staff has everything needed for legal supplements. I'm sure VC discussed with JC about the issue that led to his suspension. 

• Like 2

VC is taking up one out of fifteen roster spots for less than two million dollars so if he never played at all and still mentored any at all it still is probably a positive in the locker room. Beefing about nothing here.

• Like 3

Yep, it's easy to see how the Hawks ended up with this record.  It's easy to forget that even though Baze and Prince we not taking us anywhere, they were better than our current young wings at this point in their careers.  Without suspensions and injuries I'm not sure that our record would have improved.  We just need to finish the season strong, take the right person with our draft picks, and hope we figure out how to sign a star with our left over capspace (that really has been the key once we found one star (Trae)).

@NBASupes

with Dedmon back and signed somewhat long term.

who do you think or have you heard is more of a target between Bertans and Trez Harrell this summer??

you know as far as FIT along side with the rest of the big men we have. I know it’s mainly about Trae but Trae really fits any big willing to set good screens.

Therefore really they both fit but if there’s any reason we have to put Trez (if we had him) in the game with capela that’s creating a spacing issue which I know is something that hurts LPs offense scheme....so if  I had to guess Bertans would be a more focused target this summer as he can fit in with any lineup LP throws out there whereas Trez if signed you can’t necessarily put him with Capela unless you’re not concerned about spacing.

(BY THE WAY.....I know you said bertans is likely staying in Washington but until he’s signed I’m holding out hope that we get him. I actually think he’s worth more than Trez FOR US which I know most don’t)

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, JTB said:

@NBASupes

who do you think or have you heard is more of a target between Bertans and Trez Harrell this summer??

you know as far as FIT along side with the rest of the big men we have. I know it’s mainly about Trae but Trae really fits any big willing to set good screens.

Therefore really they both fit but if there’s any reason we have to put Trez (if we had him) in the game with capela that’s creating a spacing issue which I know is something that hurts LPs offense scheme....so if  I had to guess Bertans would be a more focused target this summer as he can fit in with any lineup LP throws out there whereas Trez if signed you can’t necessarily put him with Capela unless you’re not concerned about spacing.

(BY THE WAY.....I know you said bertans is likely staying in Washington but until he’s signed I’m holding out hope that we get him. I actually think he’s worth more than Trez FOR US which I know most don’t)

I'd prefer Bertans.  We need variety in the offense.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

First, it smells like WAS wants to keep him so I don't expect him to be available buuuut .. I prefer him over Harrell also.  I think there's a cap on what Harrell can be offensively.

That bully-ball, off-balance postup as an undersized 4 stuff isn't something I wanna pay near-max dollars for.

I'd like him here but not for the price it'd cost.  And I certainly don't want to see him as a starter.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, JTB said:

@NBASupes

Harrell but that was before any of the trades but then again, the Hawks generally want what they like. 

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

First, it smells like WAS wants to keep him so I don't expect him to be available buuuut .. I prefer him over Harrell also.  I think there's a cap on what Harrell can be offensively.

That bully-ball, off-balance postup as an undersized 4 stuff isn't something I wanna pay near-max dollars for.

I'd like him here but not for the price it'd cost.  And I certainly don't want to see him as a starter.

Harrell is the most valuable bench player in the NBA. Bertrans is one of the most valuable and WAS don't just want him back, he's a part of their core.

Trez and Capela doesn't seem like a good pairing.  Trez with Dedmon coming off the bench, sure.  But the problem is that Trez is going to get starter money, but not fit the Hawks starting lineup.  So I would say no.

For the starting lineup we need a stretch 4.  That either has to be Collins, or else Collins will need to be moved to find the guy we want.  I tend to think we can work with Collins but I'd be open to upgrading him if the opportunity arises.  JJJ, for instance, would seem to be a great fit with Capela.  

I'm not ready to make a big move at the SG/SF positions.  I need to see what kind of natural sophomore growth we get with Cam and Hunter.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Failing Bertans as a possibility who else would fit to bring that attribute( which I agree with you that we need now especially to complement Capela's minutes and space the floor). 

Serge Ibaka as the older vet?

Christian Wood as the younger guy that fits the timeline better?

• Like 2