• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, txsting said:

Trez and Capela doesn't seem like a good pairing.  Trez with Dedmon coming off the bench, sure.  But the problem is that Trez is going to get starter money, but not fit the Hawks starting lineup.  So I would say no.

For the starting lineup we need a stretch 4.  That either has to be Collins, or else Collins will need to be moved to find the guy we want.  I tend to think we can work with Collins but I'd be open to upgrading him if the opportunity arises.  JJJ, for instance, would seem to be a great fit with Capela.  

I'm not ready to make a big move at the SG/SF positions.  I need to see what kind of natural sophomore growth we get with Cam and Hunter.  

Exactly, Collins is starting PF so we have to bring in a guy that is content being a backup and paid like one if we keep Collins.  JC offense complements Capela very well.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Harrell is the most valuable bench player in the NBA. Bertrans is one of the most valuable and WAS don't just want him back, he's a part of their core.

You often find creative ways to just say you agree with me. 😉

I recognize Harrell's value.  I think what I'm really saying is that, to pry him away, it'd take an overpay that would essentially negate his value.  He'd become a bad contract in that circumstance.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
Just now, txsting said:

Looking around the league, there aren't a lot of stretch 4's to really beat John.  Certainly not young ones.  Gotta remember, JC is still a very young guy and improving.  Can he work on his 3 ball this offseason, and come back shooting 38%+??  I think he can do it.

I think he can still improve defensively as well.  Don't want to give up on John so easily.  It would take a big offer.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Well that explains the Jabari trade. Not sure if this was discussed.

That is interesting that he requested a trade but, if Schlank is smart, he was gonna trade him anyway.

Just more wood on my personal 'dang, I can't stand Jabarme Parker' fire.  I'm nice n' toasty.

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, turnermx said:

Failing Bertans as a possibility who else would fit to bring that attribute( which I agree with you that we need now especially to complement Capela's minutes and space the floor). 

Serge Ibaka as the older vet?

Christian Wood as the younger guy that fits the timeline better?

This is the list of FA power forwards:

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/power-forward/

Slim pickings. Not sure who I want.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Give me 'Sap (or give me death?).  He should be available at the 'I'm finna be outta the league, plus I need to personally oversee my restaurant investments in Atlanta' discount.  Good pro, still productive enough.

Oh I didn't realize his deal was up!  Oh yes that makes a ton of sense.  He's still very productive and so versatile.  He can play a stretch role or he can bang.  He would help us win, which is what we need in order to make those '21 FA pitches count.

• Like 4

Seems to be a good spot for my catchall, hair-brained theories ....

Anybody see Joe-L shushing the booing Philadelphia fans last night?  I don't see them advancing far in the playoffs so the whole Embiid/Simmons pairing is coming to a reckoning.  Of course they're gonna fire craptastic Brett but the issues run deeper than that.

Let's just say I'm mobilizing my Embiid demands trade, Hawks in the mix conspiracies.

Anybody else wanna get fitted for a tinfoil hat?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is the list of FA power forwards:

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/power-forward/

Slim pickings. Not sure who I want.

Of this list I would lock up Christian Wood over Skal (but Schlenk like Skal for a reason we will hopefully soon find out) but I believe Wood is more of a proven 3pt shooter and can be had for cheap and I would give Sap a 1 year deal.

so with our cap of about 50mil in cap space, I would assume Sap and Wood would take up close to half of that. Sap will get 10-15 mil & Wood could probably be had for 10 mil per season.

BIG man rotation:

PF-Collins/Sap/Bruno

C-Capela/Dedmon/Wood

....All these guys could probably play both PF and Center honestly if need be but anyways like this deeper rotation Over adding just Trez. The only signing better to ME would be to sign Bertans. Trez I do like but I do not like his overall fit with this team!

now!....we could still sign Trez and that may very well happen but in my opinion....MY OPINION....if we sign Trez we would STILL have to add 2 more big men who can shoot in order for everything to fit and work in the front court therefore more money is spent in the front court not just because Trez has a name and will likely get 20 mil but also because we need a good amount of bigs that can space the floor around Capela and Trez.

so say we take on Trez....if that’s the case we obviously wouldn’t sign a Sap to any kind of deal. Instead we’d probably go cheap for bigs who can or shown the potential to space the floor consistently.

BIG man rotation:

PF-Collins/Trez/Skal/Bruno

C-Capela/Dedmon/Wood

we get Trez we need to keep Skal on a cheap deal (easy to do probably), add Wood (he will probably be about 8- 10 mil), and the development of Bruno will still be taking place.

We are either going to sign 2 big men not including Trez or we are going to shed out more cap and sign 3 big men including Trez along with 2 big shooters to ALWAYS make sure the floor STAYS spaced well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JTB dijo:

Of this list I would lock up Christian Wood over Skal (but Schlenk like Skal for a reason we will hopefully soon find out) but I believe Wood is more of a proven 3pt shooter and can be had for cheap and I would give Sap a 1 year deal.

so with our cap of about 50mil in cap space, I would assume Sap and Wood would take up close to half of that. Sap will get 10-15 mil & Wood could probably be had for 10 mil per season.

BIG man rotation:

PF-Collins/Sap/Bruno

C-Capela/Dedmon/Wood

....All these guys could probably play both PF and Center honestly if need be but anyways like this deeper rotation Over adding just Trez. The only signing better to ME would be to sign Bertans. Trez I do like but I do not like his overall fit with this team!

now!....we could still sign Trez and that may very well happen but in my opinion....MY OPINION....if we sign Trez we would STILL have to add 2 more big men who can shoot in order for everything to fit and work in the front court therefore more money is spent in the front court not just because Trez has a name and will likely get 20 mil but also because we need a good amount of bigs that can space the floor around Capela and Trez.

so say we take on Trez....if that’s the case we obviously wouldn’t sign a Sap to any kind of deal. Instead we’d probably go cheap for bigs who can or shown the potential to space the floor consistently.

BIG man rotation:

PF-Collins/Trez/Skal/Bruno

C-Capela/Dedmon/Wood

we get Trez we need to keep Skal on a cheap deal (easy to do probably), add Wood (he will probably be about 8- 10 mil), and the development of Bruno will still be taking place.

We are either going to sign 2 big men not including Trez or we are going to shed out more cap and sign 3 big men including Trez along with 2 big shooters to ALWAYS make sure the floor STAYS spaced well.

I have been the Hawks to sign Wood for the past 2 years. He is a perfect fit for either Capela and Collins, can play the 4 and the 5, defends well and is a good rebounder. He will show up now in Det, is already doing that. I think he could contribute more than Sap honestly and fits better than Harrell. I would keep Skal, sign him and round he rotation with Bruno. Spend some money on a wing.

Collins/Wood/Skal

Capela/Dedmon/Bruno

• Like 2

Don't know how it would all fit with what we already have but Wood looks good when we play against those guys. Can hit from range for sure. Not a hefty cat so maybe both big spots to get his minutes but the way he can shoot would please LP no doubt. Like the stroke.

• Thanks 1