• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Many are trying either trade him, replace him or expects him to take a hometown discount or let him walk.  What do you call that?

Name the haters.  Very simple request.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, AHF said:

Name the haters.  Very simple request.

I don't want to make more enemies.  I already have enough.  But you can read between the lines. You know the player that are like around here because you never here their names mentioned in a trade let alone an absurd trade.  And then there are others that are in trade scenarios all of the time.

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I don't want to make more enemies.  I already have enough.  But you can read between the lines. You know the player that are like around here because you never here their names mentioned in a trade let alone an absurd trade.  And then there are others that are in trade scenarios all of the time.

Your claim about the haters is like your claim about Kareem being 40 years old and washed up during Magic's rookie season.  It is an argument based on a false premise.

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Well, I love trade scenarios, so count me a hater.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Your claim about the haters is like your claim about Kareem being 40 years old and washed up during Magic's rookie season.  It is an argument based on a false premise.

I'll let it go but you know the truth

3 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Glad that Atlanta is in a rumor for a marquee player at least.  Not sure why AD would leave LA that he tried so hard to get to.  They were a contender with a good shot at the title this year.  

I'm not sure what the hesitation is on Collins other than abnormal disruption of business.   He's a pretty skilled big man.   

The fact that he has his reps talking is good but I think they aren't going to let him leave LA. Klutch is LA right now. 

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I would hate to trade Collins but in the event that we do, we better get a haul back for him. He’s a great fit with Trae but if there’s someone out there that’s a better fit (Harrell) I’m just saying if we sign Trez and flip JC, we need to get a good return.

Good players have been traded in the past. The Pistons traded Adrian Dantley for Mark Aguirre in 88, the Bulls traded Charles Oakley around the same time as well. 

One scenario would be:

Hawks sign Harrell.

Then trade:

ATL receives: Devin Booker + Ty Jerome

Suns receive: John Collins + Clint Capela+ Dedmon

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7k7wdex

Draft: Wiseman/Okongwu/Toppin 

PG- Trae/Jerome

SG- Booker/Huerter

SF- Cam/Hunter

PF- Trez/Free agent

C- Free agent/ Wiseman or Okongwu or Toppin

Thoughts?

I forgot to add, PHX isn't interesting in moving Booker unless it's for something they think is can't miss. I don't know what the hell that even means

2 hours ago, AHF said:

Don't give me hope of AD!  Wanted to trade any Hawk on the roster for him when he was coming out of UK.  Stud.

Now with JC, I have very different reactions to these alternatives:

• No deal this summer.  Hold out for next year.

My reaction:  Makes perfect sense.  Even if we intend to max him, this is the better way to do it.

• JC will either have to take a discount or be unloaded

Why?  Don't get this.  He seems like exactly the sort of player we should be retaining and including in our core.  His production without needing plays run for him is fantastic and our record with and without him speaks for itself.  

From the sounds of it, they don't think he's a franchise player like Siakam is but more like Sabonis. The thing is, around the NBA, everyone agrees with Atlanta. This sounds like Jeff Teague where the player is higher on himself than the teams. He mentioned Atlanta like most teams want a chance at 2021 FA unless something really good appears but are more open to spending this summer if they can get what they covet. They gotta win now so I think they will sign some vets. 

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

From the sounds of it, they don't think he's a franchise player like Siakam is but more like Sabonis. 

I've got no problem bringing him back for $20M a year or whatever a Sabonis-like deal looks like at that point.  If that is his market, then that is all we'd have to match.  In contrast, Siakam's impressive defense is a differentiator from both Collins and Sabonis there.  I just would really hate to let him go and would be willing to splurge some to keep him over what they might consider pure value.  (Like, I'd much rather pay JC $10M more and keep him than pay Dedmon.)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

And you and Bird said there are only a few Collins haters!  LOL!

Peo, I just threw out a trade scenario. To be honest, I love Collins. He’s a stud and I always compare him to Shawn Kemp. I guess I just saw the last dance 💃 with the Bulls right now and wanted to act like a taller and more handsome Jerry Krause and engineer a franchise stabilizing move like an Oakley for Cartwright with the JC for Booker. But I see now that I’ve upset you. 

If I know you the way I think I do Peo, you might love this next trade: PEO INSPIRED! 😐 

Hawks trade: Trae Young 

Hawks receive: De’Andre Ayton 

There Peo, you got rid of your hated little men and got the big oaf you wanted! 

Peo’s desired lineup:

PG-who the hell needs one/Capela

SG- Not Huerter/free agent

SF- John Collins/Bruno

PF-Wiseman/Dedmon

C-De’Andre Ayton/Capela

#squawkagendas #peolikesbigs #biggybiggybiggycantyouseesometimesyourwordsjusthypnotizeme #wedontneednoPG 

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Haha 4

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Peo, I just threw out a trade scenario. To be honest, I love Collins. He’s a stud and I always compare him to Shawn Kemp. I guess I just saw the last dance 💃 with the Bulls right now and wanted to act like a taller and more handsome Jerry Krause and engineer a franchise stabilizing move like an Oakley for Cartwright with the JC for Booker. But I see now that I’ve upset you. 

If I know you the way I think I do Peo, you might love this next trade: PEO INSPIRED! 😐 

Hawks trade: Trae Young 

Hawks receive: De’Andre Ayton 

There Peo, you got rid of your hated little men and got the big oaf you wanted! 

Peo’s desired lineup:

PG-who the hell needs one/Capela

SG- Not Huerter/free agent

SF- John Collins/Bruno

PF-Wiseman/Dedmon

C-De’Andre Ayton/Capela

#squawkagendas #peolikesbigs #biggybiggybiggycantyouseesometimesyourwordsjusthypnotizeme #wedontneednoPG 

You really want @JayBirdHawk to show up with that momma cat gif, huh?

• Haha 2

On 4/20/2020 at 12:12 PM, NBASupes said:

Two teams - One player

Anthony Davis 

1- Rumor is AD is looking at Chicago and Atlanta in FA outside of LA. He's not committed to the Lakers and still looking at this as a trial situation. Most, hell all think he will return to LA. My guy is saying that he is putting feelers to see CHI and ATL interest. CHI can make several moves which could entice AD but I was told Atlanta is appealing as well. The fact that Atlanta has Clint Capela and a great young core makes them attractive and they still have potential moves to add even more talent.

2= Atlanta on the under market is selling playing with Cam Reddish, Capela, and Trae Young which is no shock but not selling John Collins. They are even mention of Huerter and Hunter. Now the targets are mainly PF's so maybe that's why but I found it interesting to say the least. I was told AD likely isn't leaving LA but he's not making any decision based on LeBron, his goal is to be a multiple time NBA champion and he's going to go with the best opportunity for that to happen. When I asked again, he said Atlanta is on the list, nothing more, nothing less. 

3- John Collins

John Collins will either have to take a hometown discount or he might be traded or at least he won't get a deal till next summer and it might be a match type of thing like it was with Teague after his rookie contract. 

4- NBA Draft

I am getting feedback that Atlanta is closing in on five prospects

Anthony Edwards

Deni A. 

Issac Okoro

Obi Toppin

Onyeka Okongwu

I was told this isn't like last year where they were willing to move up to get their guy but this is who they are zoning in on more than others. 

A surprise name I've heard they like is LaMelo Ball but he's not on the list. They aren't smitten by this draft class at all. 

1- AD to Chicago or Atlanta. These are legit reasons but reaches none the less. AD is from Chicago and he hates playing center. Odds are probably 100-1 he stays in L.A.. Schlenk still has to make the phone call. Try to sell him on Trae as a Super Star, Capela as our starting center, and our young core. Not to mention if this happened, we would have cap to still sign one more shooter.

2- Mostly repetitive see #1 and #3. We were rumored to have shopped John for JJJ at the deadline possibly due to his contract demands.

3- All that is rumored. Even one article posted giving contract specifics of a 80% max offer of around 20M a year for 4 years. I saw it posted here somewhere but I am to lazy to do a search.

4- This is the rumors for our draft. Unlike earlier in the season when some had us taking Haliburton. Haliburton has dropped out of the top 8 in most mocks I have looked at recently. I still like Haliburton a lot and hope he is is our pick; even if that means trading down.

I have seen Ball to us in one mock recently but that is not as often as those in your list.

At the end of the day, we are like a shiny new penny with Trae, Capela, Collins, Core, and CAP Space. But looking like a penny usually does not attract a player like AD. For us its been like 25 years and counting.

Link to a aggregate mock for those interested.

https://hoopshype.com/2020/04/04/2020-aggregate-nba-mock-draft-5-0-international-prospects-are-rising/

Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member
On 4/23/2020 at 9:14 AM, JTB said:

@NBASupes I’m seeing that there’s interest in Derozan. Anything you heard about that rumor?

@JTB I haven't seen much on DeRozan except this from Soaring Down South before the CV19 shutdown:

If the Atlanta Hawks cash out and make a splash this summer, I think DeRozan is the most likely candidate.

The ever-capable scorer would be a very intriguing fit next to Trae Young in the backcourt. He’s still among the NBA’s best when it comes to creating his own shot, giving Atlanta two very dangerous guards.

DeRozan has essentially given up on a three-point ball since joining the Spurs, but in Atlanta he would finally not be the first option on offense night in and night out. It could open the doors to more catch-and-shoot threes, which he drained over 31 percent of in ’17-’18 with the Raptors.

He’s a so-so defender whose output on that end usually depends on his effort level. That’s not a great fit with Atlatna’s already lackluster defense, but doubling down and becoming a true offensive team is interesting. It doesn’t matter how much the other team scores if you out-score them.

Most of what I've read recently are mentioning if he declines option, Atlanta is a team with capspace to sign him.

• Like 2