• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

They been low key not but shopping him. They are listening but they want a lot more than what's on the market. I see why, he's pretty good like John but his fit with Issac isn't there. You are right about Batum and Johnson and nope, they will not give up a 1st.

Hield cost is too high and I do think it could be met by a couple of teams (Orlando and Philly) especially Orlando but I am not for sure. Clarkson is the one guy that might could be had. I know Utah has made his rep know they would like to reup and JC is open so it won't be easy but money talks. 

I think something like a PHI 2021 1st, Richardson, Zhaire Smith, and Mike Scott for Buddy Hield and Justin James will do. 

Never mind, wrong Gordon :laugh:....i was thinking Eric Gordon in Houston. Aaron Gordon is an interesting nsme, he's been on the market since the trade deadline.

Everybody would like to resign until they are presented with a contract for more money...see Horford, Al.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It's not a good class for shooters when you consider that teams with them want to keep them. 

Best of available: 

SG:

Langston Galloway, Avery Bradley, Garrett Temple, Wesley Matthews, Denzel Valentine, Glenn Robinson III, Jordan Clarkson, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, E'Twaun Moore

SF: 

Jae Crowder, Torrey Craig, Kenrich Williams, Torrey Craig, Josh Jackson*, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson* Potential 5th option wing

Under the radar: E'Twaun Moore - Fits everything you want in a 5th wing, Garrett Temple - 5th wing quality, Denzel Valentine - 5th wing quality, Kenrich Williams - 4th wing potential, Torrey Craig - 4th wing potential, Josh Jackson  - 4th wing potential.

The only 4th wing who's polished is Jae Crowder and Kentavious Caldwell-Pope. A lot of 5th wings. Depth is starting to get pricey. 

We might have to trade for a quality wing. 

Edited by NBASupes

34 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

They been low key not but shopping him. They are listening but they want a lot more than what's on the market. I see why, he's pretty good like John but his fit with Issac isn't there. You are right about Batum and Johnson and nope, they will not give up a 1st.

Wait, y'all talking Gordon (ORL) or Gordon (HOU)?

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Never mind, wrong Gordon :laugh:....i was thinking Eric Gordon in Houston. Aaron Gordon is an interesting nsme, he's been on the market since the trade deadline.

Everybody would like to resign until they are presented with a contract for more money...see Horford, Al.

TRUTH. That's likely Millsap this summer. He will have suitors. Even at 24 MPG, he's extremely productive. Denver knows it too. 

Just now, kg01 said:

Wait, y'all talking Gordon (ORL) or Gordon (HOU)?

Orlando Gordon. Houston Gordon is not currently on the market but with their financial situation, I don't put it behind them.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

TRUTH. That's likely Millsap this summer. He will have suitors. Even at 24 MPG, he's extremely productive. Denver knows it too. 

Orlando Gordon. Houston Gordon is not currently on the market but with their financial situation, I don't put it behind them.

This is what confused me.  I figured they'd low-key shop pieces considering their financial situation.

On Millsap, I kinda hope we do a short-term overpay to get him that DEN can't match.  If I need to go to his restaurants and hold up a sign begging him to come back, let me know.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
53 minutes ago, kg01 said:

This is what confused me.  I figured they'd low-key shop pieces considering their financial situation.

On Millsap, I kinda hope we do a short-term overpay to get him that DEN can't match.  If I need to go to his restaurants and hold up a sign begging him to come back, let me know.

Houston Gordon will be tough to move. I'd love to sneak in and snag Covington if they've clearing their books, unlikely for the asking price.

Denver will be the team to watch: Milsap, Grant, Craig and the good Plumbee are all UFAs.

39 minutes ago, Blunt91 said:

If we miss out on guys like Joe Harris & Bertans, what about a cheap signing such as Justin Holiday?  He was shooting 42% from three this season.

I'd do it. His defense can help too.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I got some insight this morning but I can only share so much. The players are all on the same page right now, they will only play if the NBA agrees to a number of items. At first, it was a small group but even LeBron is behind it now. It seems like the NBA will have do a lot more than made Juneteenth a holiday. 

The NBA teams who aren't invited are still trying to do something to stay involved even if it don't count. They are using that's other teams are getting a competitive advantage that's more than just 8 more games plus some. I don't know what it maybe but the NBA will workout something for those teams like us. 

Teams big board around the league is shaping out with Edwards #1, Wiseman #2, Ball #3, Toppin #4, and Hayes #5. But values are all over the place in general. Some teams have Edwards as low as #12. Some teams have Wiseman in that range as well. Ball as low as 10. Toppin/Haliburton/Anthony/Avdija/Vassell have the most shaky projections. Each have been as low as the early 20s. I asked, who was like this last year who was a highly rated prospect, I was told Reddish/Langford/Nassir Little/Clarke/Goga. He said all five was as low as the 20s last year on some boards. For us last year, no lie, Reddish was #5, Hunter was #4 on our big board but Reddish was more wanted I was told but Hunter was needed. 

He said Hayes/Okongwu/Okoro are all locked into the lottery for most teams. The Nassir Little/Bruno Fernando Award where he has the biggest swings in terms of stock is Neismith/Oturu/Joe. 

For all of the players, here's the latest:

Edwards is getting a lot of top 10 teams love and hardly any love outside of the top 10. Playoff teams are down on Edwards. Many saying Ball is clearly a better get as well as Wiseman. 

Wiseman is getting a massive boost of late. I am not sure why but it's like Garland, when you have less tape, teams just project more and he's really benefiting from it. I was told he's getting top 5 grades from most of the top 10 teams. I asked if he was high on Atlanta's board, I was told he was and they are interested. I was told he wasn't high on Golden State's board. Minny been a hater of this draft, down on a number of guys including Wiseman. 

Toppin is getting a lot of top 3 love but teams that hate him, hate him and he's been as low as 20 and 24. He said, his stock is due to some teams thinking he's a bad defensive fit at PF, he said, some teams think he will be terrible on that end and some think he got some potential. Just needs to be developed. Was told, he's low on Golden State's board. Extremely low on Minny board. Exceptionally high on Cleveland's board. Atlanta, New York, and Detroit are very interested in Toppin. He said, Toppin is #2 on Cleveland's board behind Wiseman. I was shocked but he said, Cleveland plans on using Drummond as a trade asset in 2020 and want a vet to start so Wiseman doesn't. 

Ball is getting a lot of great and negative feedback. Teams who love him think he's the top prospect, teams who don't clearly don't. Even for teams in the market for a backup PG, I was told those teams like Haliburton and Hayes more. The Knicks, Wolves, and Bulls are the highest on Ball. 

It's wide open this year. Big O, my personal favorite is not high on the Hawks BB is what I was told. I didn't get reasoning. Okoro wants Atlanta and Atlanta loves Okoro. He has a legit shot at being the pick. The Hawks love his package, athleticism and potential but they have questions about his shot. 

Haliburton is a big mover. I was told today the Hawks really like him. Not as much as the Warriors but Hali is moving up the boards. Many teams think he's the best PG in this draft. Some think he's a wing and he's mid-to-late 1st for them. 

Anthony is getting a lot of love when teams go back to HS film. He and I think he will be a top 10 pick even if some top 10 teams are down on him. He tells me, it's very likely. 

He said Deni is either loved or hated. No inbetween, he said he should be a lottery pick but where? 

Vassell and Neismith are fighting to be the 2nd SG taken and some teams love Neismith and many don't but Vassell is getting a lot of lottery and mid 1st love. 

He said Atlanta is really focusing on drafting a PG in the 2nd round. He thinks Atlanta could stay or move up for one. He said he thinks Atlanta will draft Okoro based on his information and projected slot but could take Toppin. He said Wiseman and Haliburton are others to keep your eyes on. Said Edwards is Atlanta's top guy. No shock or surprise.

Said Hayes isn't as high on our board as he is on some other teams but he's not high for GS either. 

He said GS and ATL been almost in a partnership with these prospects. 

He seems to think Okoro is our guy with Toppin being close. Pearl wants Okoro in Atlanta as does Okoro himself. 

• Thanks 2

I'd be interested in figuring out what who they would take if, say, they ended up with #2. Would they stick with Okoro, or take Wiseman (or other)?

I'd also be interested in how likely they would try to trade for #1 if they don't get it. Or how likely the team that does get it would be willing to trade it away. 

57 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

I'd be interested in figuring out what who they would take if, say, they ended up with #2. Would they stick with Okoro, or take Wiseman (or other)?

I'd also be interested in how likely they would try to trade for #1 if they don't get it. Or how likely the team that does get it would be willing to trade it away. 

I don't know. This is the first time I am hearing they really like Wiseman. I know I don't really like him. I am Team Okongwu. I knew they liked Okoro but it seems to be more real even now. It seems like his interview went well. They always liked Toppin which isn't a surprise, both GS and Atlanta loved Obi during the season. Obi issue is GS wants their 5 to be a great interior defender who fits. Obi doesn't fit even if he's a perfect fit offensively. I asked him about an hour ago why Big O has fallen out of favor with Atlanta and GS to a degree. He says both teams aren't sold on his upside but don't get it twisted, if GS falls to 5 and Halli is not available, he could be the target but not to the degree that Hali has moved up for GS. Hali is GS #2 overall prospect. 

I asked what Atlanta likes about Obi and the response I got is upside, offensive fit, and offensively impact. He said GS likes the same things but view Toppin as a 5. Atlanta views him as a 4. 

For the top 9:  

Team highest on Toppin is Cleveland.

Teams highest on Edwards is GS, Atlanta, Charlotte, and MIN

Teams highest on Ball: Bulls, DET, NY

Team highest on Haliburton: GS

Team highest on Okoro: ATL

Teams highest on Wiseman:  CLE, DET, CAR, WAS

This draft could go any direction. While teams have their guys, I was told teams aren't open to move up in this draft and are fine staying in place. I really think Atlanta will go BPA. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 3

I just got info on Okoro. Hawks like his versatility, his tools, physical traits, mental traits, first step, explosiveness, two way ability, and talent level. They think he has star potential. 

Wiseman. Speed, tools, length, potential, and size is a rare combination and hard to find. 

Edwards: Tools, athletic ability, skill level, talent, size, fit for backup role gives Atlanta a lot of flexibility. They see a potential star with modern skills they covet. 

Hali: Shooting, BBIQ, passing, PDS, impact, and skill level. They see a player who can truly help us win games at a difficult position to find depth. 

I asked why Hayes isn't super high and Atlanta questions the fit with Trae and Hayes potential overall. 

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

He said Atlanta is really focusing on drafting a PG in the 2nd round. He thinks Atlanta could stay or move up for one.

Who are the PGs in the 2nd round that are available at #52?  

If they trade up, how far into the 2nd?

What does this mean for Brandon Goodwin?

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't know. This is the first time I am hearing they really like Wiseman. I know I don't really like him. I am Team Okongwu. I knew they liked Okoro but it seems to be more real even now. It seems like his interview went well. . 

This draft could go any direction. While teams have their guys, I was told teams aren't open to move up in this draft and are fine staying in place. I really think Atlanta will go BPA. 

So this means they have now interviewed the top 10 guys? Last week TS said they hadn't.

Are guys going to have any in-person workouts?

TS said he's drafting BPA!