• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

I did get some bubble info I can share which is trade talk. 

1. While Knicks explored trades for Zach LaVine, they aren't interested in the price. A 1st rounder and a role player. I was told the Nets are. Prince could be on the move again aka. I was told if the price is met, he will be traded. I will say, the Knicks just didn't want to the deal. The Nets are also in trade talks for Buddy Hield as well but there is a preference for LaVine. 

2. Nets coaching hire is on hold but watch for Mike D'Antoni. They like the fit of that style for Kyrie, KD, and Jordan. I still think this is going to be someone that Kyrie likes a lot but the Nets want a creative mind more than anything. Not any system BS but make it work around insanely talented offensive players. 

3. I was told that OKC has put off rebuilding for another year unless they get offers they can't refuse which they haven't gotten yet. 

4. Miami is really angling to sign Giannis and Dipo to join Jimmy and Bam. I was told, they are higher than Dallas who the media loves. While thi is my own opinion, people need to watch for us. 

5. Portland loves Ariza but really wants a PF bad. I was told that they are open to moving everyone but Lillard, C.J. and Nurkic for that said player. He was told they are one of the biggest teams interested in a John Collins deal but they are targeting more than Collins as they obviously don't have enough for Collins. I was told they really want Lauri M from Chicago and would love to SnT for Davis Bertans. They would like to sign Christian Wood as well. My belief is that they sign someone like Dario Saric in FA. It's a weak position right now and almost everyone is under-performing other than the stars. 

6. Of the up and coming teams, watch for Phoenix is what he was told. He said they been targeting Cole Anthony and think he's the perfect 6th man. They did just draft Ty Jerome who there are people who still believe he's the PG of the future there, they really want a dynamic 6th man to join Oubre. 

7. If he falls, Vassell and the Spurs are the pair. A sleeper I was told for the Spurs is James Wiseman. He won't fall that far but don't be surprised if they moved up in the lottery. They have him at #1 I was told and have been doing their homework on him. 

8. While I don't know if landing Thibs changing this but I was told the New York Knicks are locked into Ball like Atlanta was to Hunter and Reddish last year. I actually think they could land him unless they drop to 10 or something. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I love the idea of Ball to NY. I think thats the perfect match.

I love Edwards to us to if true

I think the Knicks are the only team truly in love with Ball like us and Orlando was with Young. A lot of teams wasn't in love with Young in the top 6. Just two teams. From what I got LaMelo Ball is #2 on our big board but chances are, we will probably trade the pick anyway. He heard we are one of the trade down teams but I didn't hear him say anything beyond that like if its Ball, etc. 

There is only three teams who are open to moving up right now: PHX, SAS, and NYK. But realistically, only NY got the willing assets to do it unless one of the others moves up. 

Edwards isn't the clear #1 but among the non bubble teams, he is.

Edited by NBASupes

24 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Edwards isn't the clear #1 but among the non bubble teams, he is.

That's truly important info, and, side note, I personally think only the non bubble teams should be able to be eligible in the draft lottery in the first place.

I dont think its right that  a 7 or 8 seed playoff team right now could lose a play in game to a would be otherwise lottery team that makes it in range, and then potentially move up to the top of the draft in the lottery.

Take Memphis or BKLN for instance. They could fall out of the playoffs on a fluke and still get the #1 overall pick.

That would be a double whammy of suck for us to both miss the bubble and drop behind bubble teams in the draft.

The league needs to insure they protect the competitive balance of their league and not 1/4 fall a year behind everyone else and miss out on the best talent entering the league.

my rant

• Like 2

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, NBASupes said:

2. I figured this was the case and I was right, while Issac Okoro is high on the Hawks board, he's not top 3 high for us. In fact, we think he's a 6-10 range pick. This is why directs matter more than the marker chatter. 

Okoro never made sense for the Hawks!

• Confused 2

18 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

He has limited offensive skill.  He is like Bembry.  He isn't a lottery pick

Whoa 😮 no he’s more offensive minded than Bembry. You can check tape on that. Not a lottery pick? 😮 I understand saying he’s not a top 5 pick like I did with Haliburton but to say he’s not a lottery pick in this particular draft is reaching a bit IMHO.

• Thanks 3

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Whoa 😮 no he’s more offensive minded than Bembry. You can check tape on that. Not a lottery pick? 😮 I understand saying he’s not a top 5 pick like I did with Haliburton but to say he’s not a lottery pick in this particular draft is reaching a bit IMHO.

This is a guard that shoots 67% from the free throw line and 29% from 3.  No thank you!

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

He has limited offensive skill.  He is like Bembry.  He isn't a lottery pick

The only thing him and Bembry got in common is there bulky. Okoro is a superior prospect. The names mentioned for Okoro is Andre Iguodala and Jimmy Butler. For Bembry, people questioned if he should be a first rounder even in a weak draft. Okoro is a superior talent and prospect. 

I like Okoro but he's truly number 10 on my big board for a reason. His shot needs to be much better but he's a true Hooper with elite athleticism and a great movement player with high BBIQ especially for his stage. I like Okoro but he does have some bust potential. He's not polished offensively 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 1

Here is what I think is going on in the draft. 

Melo and Edwards are clearly the top 2 guys among the potential lottery teams especially non bubble. There is a great chance if you land in a slot to get them, you can trade down for future pick with heavy protections or a mid to late 1st in this year's draft. Not the value we got for Hunter but things can change as we get closer and teams know their real spot. 

Teams really like their 5-10 range in this draft and see little difference outside of the big 3 which they consider to be Edwards, Ball, and Wiseman. 

Like last year, this will be an eye of the beholder draft and like last year, the lottery will dictate a lot. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I really hope Hawks land Wiseman, Okongwu or Haliburton. I don’t like any other prospect.

On FA I would like to go for a Shooter and/or backup PG uf we do not get Haliburton. If we are not getting a big I would like to go after  Christian Wood.

Haliburton is getting overrated.  He came out in a great class, for him.

I see Doug Christie-type.  Useful, for sure, but as a lotto pick ... eh.

Keep in mind, he won't be a plus defensive player.  He got severely exposed in college when teams went at him as an on-ball defender.

Let that sink in as you assess him as a player at the NBA level when basically every player will out-weigh and out-strength him.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1