• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

They see Simmons as a 4 and moved him to the four during the bubble before his injury. Horford is a good fit without Embiid and hard to move. They see Ball as the next Trae Young type. 

They moved him to the 4 but is he actually playing like a 4 or is he still running a lot of PG duties, still doing most of the ballhandling, playing point forward? (I haven't watched enough to know if his role has changed)

26 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

They moved him to the 4 but is he actually playing like a 4 or is he still running a lot of PG duties, still doing most of the ballhandling, playing point forward? (I haven't watched enough to know if his role has changed)

He's going to be used like a suped up Lamar Odom is what I've heard. They want to play an uptempo modern style. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He's going to be used like a suped up Lamar Odom is what I've heard. They want to play an uptempo modern style...... 

.......which also includes taking lots of 3s. This means they're gonna have to revamp their entire team and get some real shooters around Ball and Simmons.

11 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Trae Young Passer Type?  Trae shoot over 10 3's a game.  I doubt ball shoots that many 3

Think he forgot the bolded.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Embiid is still the player that I've heard will be moved if they have to choose. The possible suitors are Miami, Toronto, New York Knicks, Brooklyn Nets, Golden State Warriors, and the Cleveland Cavaliers. 

I was told that Golden State is the most interested. I was also told LaMelo Ball is the player they covet the most in this draft but they want two great 1st rounders and a player.

Back to this...why aren't the Hawks listed as a possible suitor? We're in the 2 great picks and player package category.  Of the teams you listed how many meet that criteria?

Miami, Toronto and Brooklyn aren't in the 2 great picks category?

Also the rumors had the Cavs interested in Simmons not Embiid.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

.......which also includes taking lots of 3s. This means they're gonna have to revamp their entire team and get some real shooters around Ball and Simmons.

Think he forgot the bolded.

You can't be a Trae Young type passer without the shooting.  The court doesn't open up the same without at least the threat of a long range shot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Back to this...why aren't the Hawks listed as a possible suitor? We're in the 2 great picks and player package category.  Of the teams you listed how many meet that criteria?

Miami, Toronto and Brooklyn aren't in the 2 great picks category?

Also the rumors had the Cavs interested in Simmons not Embiid.

I just haven't heard the Hawks name for either player. Embiid or Simmons. The journalist I got this info from said Cleveland is interested in both players but Philly isn't interested in moving Simmons.

22 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

You can't be a Trae Young type passer without the shooting.  The court doesn't open up the same without at least the threat of a long range shot.

I think they are very similar as well. Trae didn't have this jumper I was sold was going to translate either as a prospect. I think it's unfair to compare prospect Ball to All Star Young. Prospect Ball compares favorably to prospect Young from the eye test for me. If you want to disagree, that's your opinion and one I won't stop you for but when they Trae Young type, I tend to agree

• Confused 1

The Embiid trade stuff is just Twitter talk IMO. I think the only way he leaves Philly is if he forces his way out. They'd be a lot better off if they could find a nice trade for Simmons. Horford is a bit of an albatross, but he can work better with one or the other. It only becomes a big problem when you try to play all 3. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

He is as good a passer as trae, definitely not the shooter/scorer.  So similar but different. 

Eta.  And trae is just a great passer.  Even if he weren't a good shooter, he'd still be able to facilitate. 

Edited by kg01
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I think they are very similar as well. Trae didn't have this jumper I was sold was going to translate either as a prospect. I think it's unfair to compare prospect Ball to All Star Young. Prospect Ball compares favorably to prospect Young from the eye test for me. If you want to disagree, that's your opinion and one I won't stop you for but when they Trae Young type, I tend to agree

Prospect Trae was a better shooter than Lamelo at all levels.  Trae's form from the eye test was way better than LaMelo's.  Lamelo just started shooting free throws at a decent clip.

Now one can argue they both had terrible shot selection at the same age which effects their percentages. However, Trae made a lot more than Melo.

This may sound like I'm hating, but I have LaMelo second on my wishlist for the Hawks draft behind Antman.

Edited by marco102

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Prospect Trae was a better shooter than Lamelo at all levels.  Just look a their percentages.  Lamelo just started shooting free throws at a decent clip.

Now one can argue they both have terrible shot selection at the same age which effects their percentages. However, Trae made a lot more than Melo.

This may sound like I'm hating, but I have LaMelo on my wishlist for the Hawks draft behind Antman.

I don't think you are hating, I just see the two as similar 

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't think you are hating, I just see the two as similar 

They are most definetely similar as far as passing and vision.  The only question about LaMelo is if his shot will translate. If he shoots about 33 - 35% his rookie season while shooting about 78% on his free throws, that'll be very encouraging. I believe LaMelo will eventually be a good defender, along with Edwards, that's why I'm high on both.  

The shooting is my concern because his mechanics need an overhaul.

Edited by marco102

5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

They are most definetely similar as far as passing and vision.  The only question about LaMelo is if his shot will translate. If he shoots about 33 - 35% his rookie season while shooting about 78% on his free throws, that'll be very encouraging. I believe LaMelo will eventually be a good defender, along with Edwards, that's why I'm high on both.  

The floaters 

The ball handling 

Ball has bigger passing pockets due to his height while Trae is quicker to get to spots. 

Both aren't good finishers at all as prospects but the potential is there for both and achieved by Trae. 

Shooting wise, Trae has an edge on Ball as a prospect as Ball has an edge on Trae as a defender 

I just see these two are highly comparable 

I’m putting my Supes hat 🎩 on here but not with Obi. I’m gonna say :

LaMelo Ball will be better than wonder boy 👦 Luka! :saythat:Come at me I don’t care. I’ll battle everyone. If we get Ball and her battle Luka with Trae and Cam by his side, it’ll feel to me like a three on one fight at the park in which Luka gets his his dad bod beat down. 

Luka and Bam 💥 are being seen in the highlights because they are in the freakin bubble. If Trae and JC were in there they’d get 25 assists and 30 boards respectively!

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

I disagree. Jason Kidd was that kind of passer. It's about seeing plays before they develop, manipulating the defense, and leading your teammates into favorable shots.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, marco102 said:

I am not high on either as defenders long term

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I am not high on either as defenders long term

Purely from effort reason though I’m guessing???...right???... I think we can agree that Edwards has all the tools to be a good defender. I understand the effort has not shown nearly as much as it need to but let’s be clear I think you are saying you’re not high because of the effort you’ve seen this far and not based on talent/skill level .

same with ball the kid has talent to be a good defender...the question for both prospects Edwards and ball is will they commit to the defensive side.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JTB said:

Purely from effort reason though I’m guessing???...right???... I think we can agree that Edwards has all the tools to be a good defender. I understand the effort has not shown nearly as much as it need to but let’s be clear I think you are saying you’re not high because of the effort you’ve seen this far and not based on talent/skill level .

same with ball the kid has talent to be a good defender...the question for both prospects Edwards and ball is will they commit to the defensive side.

So did John Wall who I watched live in over 100+ games as a season ticket holder. It's the IQ aspect he lacks and he's always lost. That's not easy to fix. I think Edwards fans have a blind spot for him. 

21 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

So did John Wall who I watched live in over 100+ games as a season ticket holder. It's the IQ aspect he lacks and he's always lost. That's not easy to fix. I think Edwards fans have a blind spot for him. 

I think it’s important to note it’s not based on a talent perspective that’s all.

I do disagree that all us Edwards fans are blind lol...I’m a fan and I don’t disagree with what you said  see lol...

I know the kid has flaws but I also know the kid is very very talented. 
he’s too talented to pass up on in a draft in the position we are in despite some things he need to put hard work in and I know you never said to pass on him in the draft but others have who don’t like him which  I cant seem to understand because every prospect has flaws including number 1 picks . 

im not so much fan of Edwards where I wouldn’t trade the number 1 pick or be mad if we drafted ball and not Edwards. I just think it’s silly to get all wrapped up in things like “the kids IQ need work”...yeah I bet it does he’s only 18...or “the kids work ethic isn’t good”....ok on a mental aspect of things we don’t know what this kid dealing with or maybe he hasn’t had the right personnel pushing the right buttons to get him where he needs to be!

all I’m saying is when you’re the hawks and we are in this rebuild phase though we want to start making the playoffs which is great but we’re still building...you do NOT pass up on talent. You take the best TALENT available when you’re in the hawks position...just like you said okc did with harden...to me it’s the same scenario 

Edited by JTB
  • Thanks 1