• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

7 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m putting my Supes hat 🎩 on here but not with Obi. I’m gonna say :

LaMelo Ball will be better than wonder boy 👦 Luka! :saythat:Come at me I don’t care. I’ll battle everyone. If we get Ball and her battle Luka with Trae and Cam by his side, it’ll feel to me like a three on one fight at the park in which Luka gets his his dad bod beat down. 

Luka and Bam 💥 are being seen in the highlights because they are in the freakin bubble. If Trae and JC were in there they’d get 25 assists and 30 boards respectively!

Ball better than LUka? 

• Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, JTB said:

all I’m saying is when you’re the hawks and we are in this rebuild phase though we want to start making the playoffs which is great but we’re still building...you do NOT pass up on talent. You take the best TALENT available when you’re in the hawks position...just like you said okc did with harden...to me it’s the same scenario 

Who are you? 🤨 What did you do with @JTB? I thought I typed what you wrote.

28 minutes ago, terrell said:

Ball better than LUka? 

Yes it’s pretty much like Supes saying Toppin better than JC. 

ps Here come the Clipps! 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

So did John Wall who I watched live in over 100+ games as a season ticket holder. It's the IQ aspect he lacks and he's always lost. That's not easy to fix. I think Edwards fans have a blind spot for him. 

Wall is a point who lacks patience and IQ. Edwards is a 2. You can hide the deficiencies better at the 2. I want a rim attacking 2 like ant 🐜. He’s got Iverson mentality. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Wall is a point who lacks patience and IQ. Edwards is a 2. You can hide the deficiencies better at the 2. I want a rim attacking 2 like ant 🐜. He’s got Iverson mentality. 

I dont think Wall is a true point myself. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Wall is a point who lacks patience and IQ. Edwards is a 2. You can hide the deficiencies better at the 2. I want a rim attacking 2 like ant 🐜. He’s got Iverson mentality

No, Iverson always played hard.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

I"m curious about Philly wanting to keep Simmons over Embiid.   At pg Simmons is a matchup nightmare that can't shoot.  At PF what is he?   Undersized PF that can't shoot?   I'm not knocking the guy.  I really like him but is he a cornerstone piece?

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I"m curious about Philly wanting to keep Simmons over Embiid.   At pg Simmons is a matchup nightmare that can't shoot.  At PF what is he?   Undersized PF that can't shoot?   I'm not knocking the guy.  I really like him but is he a cornerstone piece?

Ben Simmons is 6'-10". Wouldn't call that undersized.

I said previously, Simmons need to be deployed the way we use JC (without the developing 3 shot) with a greater ability to make plays from the position. The question is would he be willing to do the screen setting etc. Play him closer to the basket where he would be a speed mismatch.

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

He should never be a point guard.  Never.  He's merely a good-passing 4-man that can handle.  There are ways to use him that could be far more effective than the 6ers have.  Unfortunately, they have a crap coach who lacks the guts to tell Simmons 'no'.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

He should never be a point guard.  Never.  He's merely a good-passing 4-man that can handle.  There are ways to use him that could be far more effective than the 6ers have.  Unfortunately, they have a crap coach who lacks the guts to tell Simmons 'no'.

Aren't you just describing Boris Diaw.  

11 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

It don't work like that believe it or not and AI dominated the rock, we already got our baby AI in Trae Young 

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, AHF said:

With the difference in scoring, I think Diaw is the poor man's version in this comparison.

I'm just not sure how effectively Simmons elite skills are going to get used from the PF position.  And he's listed close in weight to JC but that's hard to believe.  

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

JC and Simmons have zero in common.

Where did I say that they have anything in common. I said use him the way we use JC...meaning put him more in PnR's as a screener/roller/finisher and add to that his ability to pass and create from that position.

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It don't work like that believe it or not and AI dominated the rock, we already got our baby AI in Trae Young 

If he has an Allen Iverson need to dominate the ball regardless of scoring efficiency, we don't want anything to do with him.  In his prime, Iverson regularly led the league in usage rate posting 35%+ frequently.  Trae was just under 35% last season.  The difference?  Trae had a .595% TS%.  AI was putting up around a .500% TS% for most of those high usage seasons.

AI had a great level of game day competitiveness but was selfish with the rock, wanting to do it all himself, and didn't commit to improving the team between games (leading to the famous "practice?!?" presser).  

Having someone with his desire to win would be great but I want no part of anyone who feels it is all about them and who can't deliver even league average scoring efficiency.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AHF said:

If he has an Allen Iverson need to dominate the ball regardless of scoring efficiency, we don't want anything to do with him.  In his prime, Iverson regularly led the league in usage rate posting 35%+ frequently.  Trae was just under 35% last season.  The difference?  Trae had a .595% TS%.  AI was putting up around a .500% TS% for most of those high usage seasons.

AI had a great level of game day competitiveness but was selfish with the rock, wanting to do it all himself, and didn't commit to improving the team between games (leading to the famous "practice?!?" presser).  

Having someone with his desire to win would be great but I want no part of anyone who feels it is all about them and who can't deliver even league average scoring efficiency.

I wasn't comparing them as the same players, just ball dominate is all. In all fairness, AI didn't play in the modern NBA, he played in the ISO era. Production was king, not efficiency. 

Edited by NBASupes

• Moderators
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I wasn't comparing them as the same players, just ball dominate is all. 

Spud said he thinks Edwards has an Allen Iverson mentality. I was just breaking down some of what I saw as AI's mentality and what of it was attractive in a prospect and what of it I thought would be toxic.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Where did I say that they have anything in common. I said use him the way we use JC...meaning put him more in PnR's as a screener/roller/finisher and add to that his ability to pass and create from that position.

How do you use players with drastically different skill sets the same way?

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, AHF said:

Spud said he thinks Edwards has an Allen Iverson mentality. I was just breaking down some of what I saw as AI's mentality and what of it was attractive in a prospect and what of it I thought would be toxic.  

I think i agree with @Spud2nique except Iverson was a fierce competitor.  I also agree with @AHF in that the combination of poor shooting regardless of the reason combined with a lack of desire to win is a disastrous combination

• Like 2