• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

If Killian Hayes slides, he would be my trade-up target.  A lot of ability there, and 88% at the line says he will develop into a shooter.  We just have to take BPA with that first pick.  It's hard to figure out who that is, until we A) have the lottery, and B) get to work out some of these kids.

• Like 4

And for me, while I'd love to pick #1, as long as we get to pick ahead of Golden State, the lotto will be a win for me.  Most of the other teams up there are likely to botch their pick, hello Knicks.  Our system is most similar to GS, so getting ahead of them is 'golden' for me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

58 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

If Atlanta gets the 1st overall pick. I am hearing LaMelo Ball, NOT Anthony Edwards will be the selection.

🤣 I called it in the other thread. I said “your people” will be giving you this news bro! 😂 I’m your mfuckin people homie lol. Oh my god I’m bustin. @kg01 did I call this or what. Oh boy. Thank you Supes for, apparently your comedic genius if nothing else.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Update: 

I was told Bruno is here to stay and they want to develop him into a quality player but he could be had in a trade as a filler is what I was told.

Atlanta shopped (more like listened) for everyone not named Young to see the value, not for actual trades. I was told Atlanta will not be trading their core under ANY circumstances unless it gets them a franchise player around the league who fits where Atlanta wants to do long term. I was told, that player is not on the market right now but if he was, Atlanta would open up the bank.... As would anybody else, duh. 

If Atlanta gets the 1st overall pick. I am hearing LaMelo Ball, NOT Anthony Edwards will be the selection. Atlanta has been working behind the scenes with teams and the trade value for Ball is just much higher at this time. The Knicks are open to moving one of the Mavs pick, trading a lightly protected 1st for 2021, and trading their late 1st and of course swapping their pick lotto pick. I heard, Atlanta is pretty open to moving down all the way to 8 but the further down it is, the more the cost. But I was told at least a swap of 2020 picks, a lightly protected 1st 2021, and one of the Mavs picks will be in the deal regardless if it's 1 to 3, 2 to 3, or 1 to 8.

This will be a haul for Atlanta and why in 9 days, we need to land at 1 or 2. I was told if all potential deals fall through, Ball will still be the pick. I doubt it because DET is also in on Ball as well as Chicago and amazingly, NEW ORLEANS. Atlanta willingness to move down to a pretty wide range has opened up the market if Ball ends up in Atlanta's hands. 

Lastly, I was told Toronto is one of the teams that reached out to Atlanta about our 1st 2020 pick if it lands in a certain spot. I was told Atlanta was interested. Something to watch there as Masai is sky high on LaMelo Ball as well. My guess is O.G., 2020 1st, and a future 1st rounder. 

Golden State is locked into Anthony Edwards at #1. They think he can be a superstar like the next Harden. They think he will fit long term and needs to be molded as well as can be molded. They gotten the vote of confidence as well. While GS is willing to trade down if they land Ball, I heard they are only willing to go so far down. 

Cleveland is sky high on Toppin but if they land #1 pick, they are trying to get LaMelo Ball as well for trade bait reasons of course. They are only willing to move down so far is what I am told. They are locked into Wiseman, Toppin, Okoro, Edwards, and Deni. They do NOT want a PG. 

Atlanta is pretty locked into their board and here is what he mentioned in tiers: 

Edwards/Toppin/Ball

Hali/Okoro/Deni

Wiseman/Hayes/OO

Anthony/Vassell/Naismith

no order but they are willing to move down if the price is right, but they are not interesting in moving up for the top 10. They are looking more a wing/big more than a PG with the pick is what I was told but Atlanta will go BPA no matter what is what I was told. I was told potential and fit is what they are targeting. He said ideally, they would love to add a big wing but none is available in this draft outside of Okoro who has his flaws. This is NEWS to me.

Atlanta has also been open with teams looking to sell 1st rounders and teams who are also trying to get out of bad deals or just open up some cap room for a target player has reached out to Atlanta. Due to Atlanta's cap, roster space, and flexibility. Atlanta has been the most popular team in the trade market even more than New York.  

Teams he said reached out: Dallas, MIN, Brooklyn, Philly, Boston, LAL, and the Kings. 

I was told teams most interested with Atlanta have been Dallas, MIN, Philly, Boston, and the Lakers. 

Brooklyn is locking into a deal where they trade Dinwiddle and Prince for Buddy Hield. I also was told they talked to Atlanta to see if they are willing to take back Prince for a 1st rounder. He didn't report back what Atlanta said, I am guessing hell naw!

Brooklyn wants to bring back Joe Harris at all cost and are willing to go at Atlanta and New York for him. I was told NY has him as a priority target and would love to play him next to R.J. I was told he's going to stay in NY but where is the question. While Dinwiddle is loved in Brooklyn, Kyrie and him aren't the best of teammates which could open him up to trades. I was told that Brooklyn's been targeting PG's in the draft as well. 

Atlanta is targeting a move back into the late lottery - mid first again to land a PG to backup Trae. A lot of our fans want them to sign someone like Dunn but I am hearing Dunn will return to CHI as well as Melton to MEM. 

I was told Atlanta is popular with FAs who are backups but not popular with starter types due to already having a core. He said, Atlanta will land some FAs but he doesn't think it's the FAs that make a difference that many were hoping to sign. 

Names I was told Atlanta likes and they have Atlanta high on their list is: Langston Galloway,  E'Twaun Moore, Alec Burks, Glenn Robinson III, Jahlil Okafor, and my guy, Torrey Craig. They want a rotation spot so chances are, we might just sign only a couple of them. These are the names where the agents are pushing for Atlanta and we like them as well. I was told NO wants to keep and resign my guy Williams. 

My guy confirmed that Philly is not interested in trading Simmons or Embiid. He said, if they did, it's going to be Simmons who will be moved but it's going to be for a bigger haul than New Orleans got for AD is what I was told. This is different than what I got from my media friend who said Simmons would be the pick to stay with PHI. 

Cleveland's package includes a lot of picks, Porter Jr., Sexton, and Love is what I was told. I asked does this move the needle, he said, to the open market, no but you never know. He said, a team he thinks can make a great offer is Denver. He also said Washington but he also said that Washington wants to keep Beal at all cost. He also said, watch for Phoenix as well. He said, they want a star for a star or a star to multiple potential stars. 

The Zack LaVine and Aaron Gordon market is dead again. The suitors willing to match the price both teams want for each player. 

Al Horford/Blake Griffin/Andre Drummond are readily available if you want them. Kevin Love is still available but they want you trade them an asset and people want Love+asset. 

NY wants to sign a lot of quality vets and they have the market buzzing. A lot of FAs are targeting the Knicks. Even Marcus Morris again, lol. 

SAC wants to resign Bogi and trade Hield for a good vet who fits. I was told they want to resign Len and Bazemore to cheap long term deals.

LAL is targeting Tristan Thompson and wants to move from Dwight Howard. 

The biggest news he told me is Dallas is willing to trade out of the draft altogether if they can get out of Dwight Powell's contract who recently tore his ACL. I was told, no suitors so far but they reached out to teams like Atlanta and New York who said no. He said, keep an eye on Charlotte who might consider. Charlotte is trying to add more picks as well like Atlanta. 

Aron Baynes is the hottest FA. A lot of teams want him and teams like Charlotte are targeting him with a nice salary. His fit to PnR heavy teams is appealing. 

I think that's it for now. I probably forgot some stuff. 

He said, watch for Orlando to blow it up. They could sell assets like Vucevic for cheap. Said teams are waiting for a discount price for Gordon and Vucevic but said Orlando has remained head-strong that they are doing and moving in the right direction the way they are. 

He said SAS will not blow it up. They like what they are doing now. They are seeing the results of it and a lot of people around the league feel since the drafts have been stronger of late, it's better to build while winning instead of tearing it down and needing luck to get on the right track aka the KB21 model is getting rave reviews. Teams find developing young talent difficult and it requires hitting on that talent and a good mix to work. Teams are realizing upperclassman players need to be targeted more for the NBA draft in today's NBA. PHX has already adjusted to this logic. Others are joining. 

Good Stuff!

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

If they could sell Ball for future assets like a rope protected 1st while getting Wiseman would be a dream come true for me!

It would be a pretty good haul. I know it's not out of the line of thinking. Wiseman to Atlanta isn't high on the list but it's higher than people think if Atlanta trades back. 

4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

@NBASupes just confirming. Your sources are saying the Hawks are not interested in Anthony Edwards? Because if you get a top 2 pick most likely Lamelo will be there so the Hawks are trading down?

He's #1 on their big board. They are very interested in Edwards. I just don't think they are locked into ANYONE in this draft the way there were with R.J., Hunter, and Reddish last year. If there is a move that can get them multiple assets, they will take it.  

Last year, it was clear by the time of the draft who they wanted. 

I am 99.99% certain Atlanta will trade down if Melo's the pick. Atlanta seems to have higher on moving down higher on the list than taking Edwards, Toppin, or Ball is what I've got from my call earlier today. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Lastly, I was told Toronto is one of the teams that reached out to Atlanta about our 1st 2020 pick if it lands in a certain spot. I was told Atlanta was interested. Something to watch there as Masai is sky high on LaMelo Ball as well. My guess is O.G., 2020 1st, and a future 1st rounder. 

Now that would be interesting! He has been playing well for Toronto.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Update: 

I was told Bruno is here to stay and they want to develop him into a quality player but he could be had in a trade as a filler is what I was told.

Atlanta shopped (more like listened) for everyone not named Young to see the value, not for actual trades. I was told Atlanta will not be trading their core under ANY circumstances unless it gets them a franchise player around the league who fits where Atlanta wants to do long term. I was told, that player is not on the market right now but if he was, Atlanta would open up the bank.... As would anybody else, duh. 

What was the general 'value' of offers for all the core players?

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Now that would be interesting! He has been playing well for Toronto.

That would get Atlanta attention. They like Hunter but they been trying to get another big wing for a minute. They are hard to come by. O.G. clearly meets the eye. 

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

What was the general 'value' of offers for all the core players?

He didn't say. 

• Thanks 1

This is a draft where we could trade out of the draft or end up at #10 drafting Okongwu. Nothing would surprise me. It's all about what value can they get for their pick. 

I did get from multiple people that trade value in this draft is eye of the beholder so we don't know what else can be had outside of Ball who's the most coveted prospect in this class.

• Premium Member

If Atlanta gets the 1st overall pick. I am hearing LaMelo Ball, NOT Anthony Edwards will be the selection. Atlanta has been working behind the scenes with teams and the trade value for Ball is just much higher at this time. The Knicks are open to moving one of the Mavs pick, trading a lightly protected 1st for 2021, and trading their late 1st and of course swapping their pick lotto pick. I heard, Atlanta is pretty open to moving down all the way to 8 but the further down it is, the more the cost. But I was told at least a swap of 2020 picks, a lightly protected 1st 2021, and one of the Mavs picks will be in the deal regardless if it's 1 to 3, 2 to 3, or 1 to 8.

This will be a haul for Atlanta and why in 9 days, we need to land at 1 or 2. I was told if all potential deals fall through, Ball will still be the pick. I doubt it because DET is also in on Ball as well as Chicago and amazingly, NEW ORLEANS. Atlanta willingness to move down to a pretty wide range has opened up the market if Ball ends up in Atlanta's hands. 

This is why I hope we get #1 pick.  We can get the player we want by trading down plus get future assests.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

I was told Atlanta is popular with FAs who are backups but not popular with starter types due to already having a core. He said, Atlanta will land some FAs but he doesn't think it's the FAs that make a difference that many were hoping to sign. 

I just need our FAs for the bench to be better at basketball than the collection of Parsons, Turner, Crabbe, Parker, Len and Jones. That is all.

• Like 3