• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

GSW didn't want to participate in the 1st or 2nd bubbles, they seem to get what they want. So I guess if they are vocal enough about workouts and F2F it'll happen. 

This includes more than the owners. This includes Michelle Roberts and the NBPA. Seems like a bubble combine is as far as they are willing to go.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

• Moderators

Is D'Antoni on the hot seat in Houston?  Seems like that team right now is built around his dream offensive philosophy and no other team will give him the kind of freedom he has enjoyed in putting that team together.  

Pops leaving SA to go coach Kyrie and Durant would be interesting to say the least but I have such a hard time seeing that happen.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, AHF said:

Is D'Antoni on the hot seat in Houston?  Seems like that team right now is built around his dream offensive philosophy and no other team will give him the kind of freedom he has enjoyed in putting that team together.  

Pops leaving SA to go coach Kyrie and Durant would be interesting to say the least but I have such a hard time seeing that happen.

Yep, as always, he is on the hot seat plus an expiring contract. Fertitta has HIGH expectations. If they did fire or just let his contract go unrenwed. I think they will go with one of these new age coaching geniuses the industry loves so much. Everyone wants to find the next Brad Stevens and Nick Nurse

It would. I just don't see him leaving San Antonio. 

Edited by NBASupes

20 hours ago, AHF said:

'Antoni was on the hot seat as soon as they fired his staff and chose not to re-sign him.

I simply don't believe the Pop to BKN rumor.  I've said before and I'll say it again, there was a guy on NBARadio who literally made that rumor up.  He's a typical NY guy who basically said Pop won't prove anything as a coach until he does it "on the big stage" aka NY.  How freaking idiotic is that?  His co-host that day asked if he'd actually heard anything about Pop being interested.  He said 'no, but it sounds like a good idea'.

Since then all the "sources" and people with "knowledge of Pop's thinking" (what TF does that even mean?) keep coming up and it's obviously just him putting it out there.

It's maddening this is what passes for "journalism" these days.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, NBASupes said:

New Info on CHA: They are leaning to take one of Ball, Wiseman, Edwards but can be talked out if you know what I mean. This is a long process but they are leaning this direction as a front office. The vibe is different from MJ, fyi.

New info on MIN: If Strass takes over, expect Rosas to continue the process that he has. It's not clear cut who he would take regardless of what the media says. He said Ball should be the pick. I would lean Ball too. Rosas been looking for a lead initiator since he took over he said.

GS wants Edwards. They been clamoring for a 6th man that can score at will and been hoping to find that player. They aren't that high on Wiseman and been dying to move down if Edwards is off the board.

Atlanta: nothing changed. They think Edwards, Wiseman, and Ball are off the board. Atlanta will be extremely active on draft night. I am not sure we know what expect from Atlanta. He did say what he's hearing is still true. Atlanta still wants to get another 1st. He thinks Atlanta could really hold multiple cards in this draft due to our cap space. 

Washington will try to move up for Wiseman but they will need luck. They do have fear that Atlanta could potentially take Okongwu who they are targeting as well. 

Detroit will likely choose between two PGs, Okoro, and Obi Toppin. They really like what they have in Christian Wood and Kennard with Sekou 

Phoenix wants to trade Oubre and they are a possible trade down team to get rid of his deal but not a trade OUT candidate. 

Boston is open to trading one of their 1st round picks but not selling it. Booooo!

That's all I got that's new.

New Info on the Hawks: They could move down or up and if they trade down, they could move down at #6. This is new to me because I thought this was TS talking and not really going to do anything. Teams feel their pick can be had. Price depends on demand. 

New Info on New York, they aren't open to moving up. Too costly to move up in the top 3 and they feel they can find a good player. The lean is to draft a PG but don't count on it he said. They are going BPA. 

Okongwu is clearly the De'Andre Hunter of this class. Teams in the 9-14 range are interested in him the most. He thinks he's a lock to go in the top 6. I think he's probably a lock as well considering it's the Hawks looking to gain future assets or key vets. 

It seems like Chicago/Cleveland seem to be set on a type of player. International for Chicago and wing (Okoro) for Cleveland. Cleveland really wants a big wing who can defend other wings with potential to be special. Cleveland also sees his shot as redeemable. Atlanta is where he thinks the draft will start. Okongwu has the most interest on the expected board he said even if Deni is still there. 

He said it's currently assumed that Chicago's decision will impact Detroit and New York. Not quite sure on Atlanta. 

Obviously things will change if they can get face to face and workouts but he's saying it's highly unlikely the teams will get more than a virtual combine. Baseball did it and it worked just fine. They have scouts who been on the ground knowing these guys for years. He said it's highly unlikely. Highly, highly unlikely to get players into your building who aren't a member of your team like these prospects. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

What does this mean?

That was suppose to be removed. I forgot to remove it. If they trade down, they can move as far as 14 but I already said that so I removed it but didn't remove it completely which is why it looks like this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Atlanta: nothing changed. They think Edwards, Wiseman, and Ball are off the board. Atlanta will be extremely active on draft night. I am not sure we know what expect from Atlanta. He did say what he's hearing is still true. Atlanta still wants to get another 1st. He thinks Atlanta could really hold multiple cards in this draft due to our cap space. 

Phoenix wants to trade Oubre and they are a possible trade down team to get rid of his deal but not a trade OUT candidate. 

Boston is open to trading one of their 1st round picks but not selling it. Booooo!

That's all I got that's new.

Prince and #19 to Hawks, then #19 for Oubre and #10?

Which 1st is Boston looking to trade? #14 or #26.

I would think Boston is looking to cut some salary in a trade using #26.  Like Kanter, Poirier and/or Edwards

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Prince and #19 to Hawks, then #19 for Oubre and #10?

Which 1st is Boston looking to trade? #14 or #26.

I would think Boston is looking to cut some salary in a trade using #26.  Like Kanter, Poirier and/or Edwards

I don't know how feasible 10/Oubre is although I know they want to get rid of Oubre to make a run at FVV and another player. Oubre market isn't exactly the highest either due to his high maintenance status. Phoenix wants to be a winning team. Maintaining depth and getting impact players is what they are trying to do. It's a pick Atlanta could attain if they want to move up from a later 1st due to PHX needs. 

Prince/19 is very feasible and Atlanta has a tremendous working relationship with Brooklyn so that one just makes a shit ton of sense as it did last year for Crabbe. Prince is more costly than Crabbe. Prince has 24 million owed. 

As mentioned to me yesterday, Boston isn't giving away its picks. They will try to get value of some type. 

More and more vets are becoming available each growing day who weren't initially available. Atlanta could do their whole offseason in the draft and do a lot better than in FA. There are some vets that really could appeal to Atlanta, it's about making the value work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

That was suppose to be removed. I forgot to remove it. If they trade down, they can move as far as 14 but I already said that so I removed it but didn't remove it completely which is why it looks like this.

I know this was probably covered already but who is likely interested in trading for #6?  

Just now, macdaddy said:

I know this was probably covered already but who is likely interested in trading for #6?  

9, 11-14 are interesting in Okongwu. How interested are they in moving up depends on the price. 

Without workouts, teams kinda already know who they like and don't like.

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't like the idea of moving up for us in this draft. Who would we be moving up for and how much would it cost?

Not sure but I would bet on them moving down for sure considering its 4 to move up. Probably not much

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't like the idea of moving up for us in this draft. Who would we be moving up for and how much would it cost?

It seems to me that the cost or benefit of moving up or down will depend dramatically on who is on the board.  Tough to say in the abstract without seeing what is on the board at the time.  

I could see scenarios where teams are desperate to trade up or pretty indifferent based on the board and that likely goes both ways (exampe:  Detroit might be desperate to trade up for Ball but fairly indifferent between Haliburton and Hayes if both are on the board while Atlanta might be more or less interested in trading down depending on who is left on the board and likely to be there when they would pick).  Similarly, TS might find a situation where a team is pretty indifferent to guys on the board and happy to trade down cheaply.

That is in contrast to situations where a team might be wanting to unload a contract like Oubre where the specific composition of the board might be less important to at least one of the parties.  TS will be active on the phones this draft for sure.

2 hours ago, AHF said:

It seems to me that the cost or benefit of moving up or down will depend dramatically on who is on the board.  Tough to say in the abstract without seeing what is on the board at the time.  

I could see scenarios where teams are desperate to trade up or pretty indifferent based on the board and that likely goes both ways (exampe:  Detroit might be desperate to trade up for Ball but fairly indifferent between Haliburton and Hayes if both are on the board while Atlanta might be more or less interested in trading down depending on who is left on the board and likely to be there when they would pick).  Similarly, TS might find a situation where a team is pretty indifferent to guys on the board and happy to trade down cheaply.

That is in contrast to situations where a team might be wanting to unload a contract like Oubre where the specific composition of the board might be less important to at least one of the parties.  TS will be active on the phones this draft for sure.

At this point, it's all about value. FA might be garbage but Atlanta will be able to add talent via trades. Teams want to dump some contracts. Some are valueless, some will have to come attached with an asset. 

• Premium Member
58 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

At this point, it's all about value. FA might be garbage but Atlanta will be able to add talent via trades. Teams want to dump some contracts. Some are valueless, some will have to come attached with an asset. 

I've been saying this for awhile. We just want actual nba talent using our capspace.

• Like 2