• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

42 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I can't publicly. Some have been rumored recently but I can't say but yes. Atlanta is interested in some, especially if they come with an asset attached and they add value. 

Ah c'mon Supes! What's the point of having this thread then? Why 'ask' when we know you can't give an answer? Should we create a secret thread that the public won't figure out? Maybe something about Shelden Williams so they think it's outdated?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, warcore said:

Ah c'mon Supes! What's the point of having this thread then? Why 'ask' when we know you can't give an answer? Should we create a secret thread that the public won't figure out? Maybe something about Shelden Williams so they think it's outdated?

Because people actually come from all other sites snooping for info. Some I am  not allowed to publicly share 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Because people actually come from all other sites snooping for info. Some I am  not allowed to publicly share 

There's someone from the Warriors RGM board who's posting your stuff :laugh:.

He said you might be credible since this thread has a lot of pages, lol.

Always appreciate the info! Definitely gives us more stuff to talk about and ponder.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

There's someone from the Warriors RGM board who's posting your stuff :laugh:.

He said you might be credible since this thread has a lot of pages, lol.

Always appreciate the info! Definitely gives us more stuff to talk about and ponder.

That's low rent.  On a totally unrelated note, I got some dirt on Curry's cornrows.  Apparently he's decided to go full-on suburban gangster.  They have him on tape smackin' around a liquor store clerk.

He was pissed they didn't have Zima.  He kicked over two displays, ripped off his polo shirt .. took him a while to untuck it .. then ran outside screamin' "West side, fools!!"

Not "wess-siiide!" though.  He properly pronounced the "t".  The crowd started throwing up the W too ...

thug.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I used to have sources in the Hawks and the arena that would give me dirt. When they asked not to say anything I kept it to myself. You have to respect the source's wishes. I totally get why Supes doesn't share everything he hears.

So true. Usually it's for a good reason even if you don't realize it at the time. 

• Like 3

He says, there will be as many trades if not more this year but in the top 10, it will be extremely hard because no one really wants to trade a future draft asset in this draft. 2021 is marked by most scouts to be MUCH higher than this year. Teams are talking that the american pool is as strong as it's been in years. He said, Deni, Ball, Wiseman, and Anthony will all be lottery picks in 2021 but most of this lottery would be on the outside looking in. They are hyped about next year's class. Especially the top 7 guys that would all be top 10 in this year's draft. 

Edit: He compared it to 2018 but without Luka but Cade is the American Luka he joked. 2021 is a wingman draft. Everyone wants to be in that draft. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

I wish we could get Wiseman. He could be our KAT. Imagine having a center rotation of Capela/Wiseman.

I keep saying this and will continue to say it, Atlanta is a lot higher on Toppin and Wiseman than some of our media members want to say it. Wiseman is literally on most teams top 5. Yes, some do have him outside of the top 10 but some of those teams aren't in position to land him. That said, chances are slim of a move up for any prospect for us. We don't want to trade any of the core 5 and like all teams in the top 10, are resistance to the idea of trading a future 1st. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Update: 

Most of the news has been about the protest and the tragic events that took place in Kenosha, WI of a Black man who's the father of beautiful children. 

As for as the draft, here's what I got: 

MIN is looking at: Ball, Wiseman, Deni, and Ant. They are listening to calls and making calls. So far, the marketplace feels their cost is much too high. I heard one team that stood out was Toronto who had reached out to us about the pick if we landed it a couple weeks back. It seems like they have an interest. Toronto is interesting because the talk out of Toronto is FVF is available if you are willing to pay more than Toronto wants by a good margin and you are offer a starting job and a face of the franchise role. PHX, NYK, and several others are in. 

Golden State really likes Deni a lot. Not as much as Ant but a lot. They really aren't going to draft Wiseman is what I've heard. 

Charlotte is okay with Ball and Ant but they want Wiseman but not enough to move up. They are one of the teams looking to add players but they want wise deals only. Nothing crazy. They are open to taking extra years too. They have interest in Blake Griffin. 

Chicago hasn't been as open. They have targeted about 6-7 players so far. They are highly into Deni. They really like Killian. This might be the highest spot for Hayes. Most people see him as a 6-14 prospect in this class but international scouts love him which is causing a divide. Considering Artruas is the GM, Killian might come off the board here. 

Cleveland has Ball/Wiseman/Edwards at the top of their board but they like Deni, Patrick Williams and Okoro a lot. Especially Okoro. 

Atlanta is hot on 7 prospects. They have been extremely active as always but nothing seems official. I was told to my guy that the chances of us trading down or up is not as high as it is that the Hawks trade back into the 1st round. Atlanta is expected to be the most active team AGAIN in the draft. 

Detroit is looking at a number of guys: Okongwu, Toppin, Vassell but they are leaning on getting a PG. He said Haliburton, Hayes, or Ball will clearly go right here. DET wants to land their PG of the future in a strong PG class.

New York has been targeting PGs and shooters who can defend for the most part. They are liking Patrick Williams and could be the 1st team that strongly considers him at this slot. 

PHX is looking to keep their pick my guy just updated me on. SHUCKS! He said they are targeting Vassell, Okongwu, Haliburton, Toppin, Saddiq Bey, and Aaron Neismith. They wanted high BBIQ players who can play within a system and rebound. 

He didn't give anything beyond the top ten in terms of the draft but mention and I got the okay for this that Lonzo Ball is available and his price tag is very reasonable. His value is at an all time low as he's expiring but he does have value. Pels have options but want to also be players in FA to add some guys. I was told Gallo or Millsap are their targets other than re-signings. 

Almost forgot, he had nothing new on Washington. Same they want Okongwu or Wiseman but Jalen Smith could become an option for them. 

Sounds like the locks would be Wiseman at 3, Deni gone by 4, and Okoro likely going 5th

#1 Ball/Ant 

#2 Ant or Deni

#3 Wiseman (if they want him he goes here, he isnt going 1 or 2 unless Minny or GS trade out)

#4 Ball, Deni or Hayes

#5 Okoro (All 3 should be gone by here as well as Deni. Okoro is theirs if they love him)

#6 Hayes may still be here, Okungwu and Toppin if they like them too

MockDraft is then

#1 Ant

#2 Deni

#3 Wiseman

#4 Ball

#5 Okoro

#6 Hayes/Gwu/Toppin

OR

#1 Ball

#2 Ant 

#3 Wiseman

#4 Deni

#5 Okoro

#6 Hayes/Gwu/Toppin

13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He says, there will be as many trades if not more this year but in the top 10, it will be extremely hard because no one really wants to trade a future draft asset in this draft. 2021 is marked by most scouts to be MUCH higher than this year. Teams are talking that the american pool is as strong as it's been in years. He said, Deni, Ball, Wiseman, and Anthony will all be lottery picks in 2021 but most of this lottery would be on the outside looking in. They are hyped about next year's class. Especially the top 7 guys that would all be top 10 in this year's draft. 

Edit: He compared it to 2018 but without Luka but Cade is the American Luka he joked. 2021 is a wingman draft. Everyone wants to be in that draft. 

But all these clowns wanting us to trade unprotected '21 picks to move up in this turd a** draft.

7 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I wish we could get Wiseman. He could be our KAT. Imagine having a center rotation of Capela/Wiseman.

Ew.gif

🤠 Hey, gimme a break.  Somebody's gotta fill in for spud2 while he's ... away.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, NBASupes said:

He didn't give anything beyond the top ten in terms of the draft but mention and I got the okay for this that Lonzo Ball is available and his price tag is very reasonable. His value is at an all time low as he's expiring but he does have value. Pels have options but want to also be players in FA to add some guys. I was told Gallo or Millsap are their targets other than re-signings. 

Lonzo is available.  And Melo might fall to us at #6?

What happens if we make Lavar's vision come true in Atlanta, and bring all of his boys HERE!

Wouldn't that be special.

PG - Trae

G - Huerter

F - Cam

PF - Collins

C - Capela

G - Melo

G - Zo ( 6th man )

F - free agent ( Gelo )

F/C - Bruno

C - Dedmon

Never lost.

Lonzo Ball won't re-sign with the Lakers unless LaMelo and LiAngelo join  him | Eurohoops

• Haha 3

Mid season, an unknown Hawks Office source said help is coming.

What is the plan?

- Draft day.  Pick at #6 Or trade down to #9-#14 with a veteran attachment (bolster bench).

- Free agency.  Sign one year contracts (solid bench fillers) and scheme for next years strong free agency class.

Is the intent this offseason to be playoff bound (sign one year veterans) and truly save enough cap space for next years top free agents?

It makes no sense to sign long term mid tier free agents this year and handicap our flexibility for next years crop of free agents.  I feel teams will get desperate this offseason because they want to position themselves in next years free agency.  Yet we want to look competitive and appealing  to have free agents sign with us.  I say we go big on next years top free agents, the city of Atlanta needs a superstar to go along with Trae Young. 

If we can get to the playoffs without breaking the bank, Trae Young and company will put on a show, and next years free agency will take notice.  Just look at what Doncic is doing in this years playoffs.  I know Trae is screaming to have his playoff opportunity and show the world that he can carry his team.  He needs help.

Edited by hawkster911

9 hours ago, marco102 said:

@NBASupes What are your thoughts on Jaden McDaniels for a late first round pick (19-30)?  The upside is tremendous with him and he isn't a terrible defender. He needs to put on like 30 - 40 pounds.

I don't know who their targets would be in that range. They do have a list but when we aren't in that range, less focus goes to it. Usually teams like Atlanta have players in their main ranges and when someone falls too far, they consider the possibilities of moving up for the said player

• Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't know who their targets would be in that range. They do have a list but when we aren't in that range, less focus goes to it. Usually teams like Atlanta have players in their main ranges and when someone falls too far, they consider the possibilities of moving up for the said player

Wasn't asking about Atlanta. I was asking your opinion on him. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Wasn't asking about Atlanta. I was asking your opinion on him. 

I am not sure his range is consistent. Some teams have him in the mid 1st, most early 2nd. Like most in this draft, their range vastly varies