• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

17 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

OKC Luxury Tax bill is what they're gonna be focused on reducing. They won't get a haul for CP3.

Bucks will have to send out close to equal value in contracts, which OKC is going to have to reroute elsewhere if they want yo reduce their massive LT bill. That will be their primary concern if they are moving CP3 and rebuilding.

Bledsoe (16), Hill (9.5), Illyasova (7), Wilson (4.5) and DiVicenzo (4.5) that gets the money right since Buck are close to LT territory. 

In order for this to makes sense for OKC to reduce their tax bill, they can't keep all these players. 

They can reroute GHill to the Hawks - backup PG, good defender, can also play with Trae. Last year guaranteed at $1 mil.

I  understand this has to be done in order to make the trade work between okc and Milwaukee for cp3 but I doubt okc wants back Bledsoe or hill to actually keep.

bledsoe is owed a good amount of money and I understand why you said hill can be re routed to Atlanta over Bledsoe due to this but with hill being 34 next season I just think that’s a little too far out of the age scope for schlenk. Bledsoe on the other hand fits what’s being asked from the backup point guard which is ability to score and defend when trae sits ....as long as Bledsoe is willing to accept that role he’s a great fit. His contract is more expensive I get that but that’s up to Schlenk to determine if it’s worth it.

I don’t think it’s too far fetched to assume Bledsoe can be had easily if Schlenk wanted to get involved to get him here. I would take Bledsoe’s scoring ability and good defense over hill though he’s not a better playmaker than hill. Then the fact that Bledsoe is a bigger point guard (weight wise...at least by eye he looks like a bigger point very similar to Lowry ) there’s a good chance if need be he can share the court with Trae. Bledsoe would play more of a combo guard here like he did in PHX with Dragic a some years back but off the bench.

looking at our options as a whole, to me that’s money well spent! Bledsoe could be our Lowry type combo guard so it gives us two benefits with a backup point oppose to one.

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, JTB said:

I  understand this has to be done in order to make the trade work between okc and Milwaukee for cp3 but I doubt okc wants back Bledsoe or hill to actually keep.

bledsoe is owed a good amount of money and I understand why you said hill can be re routed to Atlanta over Bledsoe due to this but with hill being 34 next season I just think that’s a little too far out of the age scope for schlenk. Bledsoe on the other hand fits what’s being asked from the backup point guard which is ability to score and defend when trae sits ....as long as Bledsoe is willing to accept that role he’s a great fit. His contract is more expensive I get that but that’s up to Schlenk to determine if it’s worth it.

I don’t think it’s too far fetched to assume Bledsoe can be had easily if Schlenk wanted to get involved to get him here. I would take Bledsoe’s scoring ability and good defense over hill though he’s not a better playmaker than hill. Then the fact that Bledsoe is a bigger point guard (weight wise...at least by eye he looks like a bigger point very similar to Lowry ) there’s a good chance if need be he can share the court with Trae. Bledsoe would play more of a combo guard here like he did in PHX with Dragic a some years back but off the bench.

looking at our options as a whole, to me that’s money well spent! Bledsoe could be our Lowry type combo guard so it gives us two benefits with a backup point oppose to one.

Never been a Bledsoe fan and I certainly don't like his contract ($16, $18, $3.9). Bucks did the wrong thing extending his contract and not resigning Brogdon.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Hawks are in a lot of trades Jay. A lot of trades. People keep talking about us in FA but I really doubt we will have 10 million dollars by Thanksgiving. 

I guess we'd be making trades using our capspace and that leaves us with not much in FAcy? Are these guys with long term contracts? What does this do for 2021 capspace?

• Premium Member

7. I haven't heard much on Dedmon and most of the other guys but people have said that Damian has improved and that even if he's not on a roster, there is a chance he could be on the Skyhawks if he goes that route. 

I read this and wondered why the heck Dedmon would be going to the Skyhawks...:lmao:.

I had to reread, missed Damian Jones in there. The Hawks like him that much? This wouldn't be a 2way deal though right? ( i don't remember the rules)

• Premium Member

Non-core: 

7. I haven't heard much on Dedmon and most of the other guys but people have said that Damian has improved and that even if he's not on a roster, there is a chance he could be on the Skyhawks if he goes that route. 

He didn't and never has any info on what's going on but he didn't disappoint. 

Anything on Goodwin, Skal or Bembry...are they at the facility?

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Anything on Goodwin, Skal or Bembry...are they at the facility?

I didn't get an update on them. Not yet. Skal been in the facility but no update good or bad. I gotta mention these guys he's not my guy. He doesn't prep for my question although he did volunteer Jones 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, NBASupes said:

FYI, not from my guy but from some people I am close to who are close to some in the org, here's what I got: 

1. Trae when he's been in looks amazing and ready for that 3rd year leap from what's going around. 

2. Cam is the player they are all predicting to have a breakout year. He's been excellent in workouts. Trae privately has been telling everybody he's going to be a superstar. 

3. Capela has really been turning heads. A lot of people within the organization think we got a steal in that trade with HOU. There is talk that he could be an multi-time all star. Trae privately has been saying that Capela will be the reason we are in the playoffs next year. LP as well. 

4. Hunter has been good in this offseason, they really feel he's ready to show everyone what everyone on the team knows already which is that he's a gamer and a true baller who has impact on the game. He has really been into film and realizing the difference he needs to be effective in the NBA as a forward. Hawks are very high on him and have been so for awhile. 

5. Huerter is a player that the org has always loved and will love. They are seeing his pop back from his rookie year and many think he can be a stud for us offensively and want to see him become more assertive within the game. Everyone always ooze about his talent level and his shot making skills. There is faith that he's going to be a good player within if not already if in the right role. 

6. JC been JC. I've been told that he's looking mighty sharp and his shooting looks more improved. There hasn't been as much growth in his game as the others but they are seeing more polish and from such an efficient and smart player, that's a great thing. 

Non-core: 

I love all of this.  If this is true all I need to hear next is that they are HUNGRY and pissed about missing out on the bubble, and dont plan on ever wasting away another season.

That would be big time trouble for the league next year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators
16 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I love all of this.  If this is true all I need to hear next is that they are HUNGRY and pissed about missing out on the bubble, and dont plan on ever wasting away another season.

That would be big time trouble for the league next year.

Hey @RedDawg#8 i don't know if any told you or if you care but your avatar is broken.   

• Like 1

On 9/9/2020 at 2:34 PM, terrell said:

Please say no to Bembry. That dude drives me insane..lol

Agreed.  You can find another "Bembry" in the 2nd round of any draft.  I like him as an end of bench guy/practice player.  Nothing more.

I imagine the team hoped he'd become a Marcus Smart-type but he's just not that talented.  Smart was the 6th pick in the draft iirc, he wasn't supposed to be the player he's become.  He was supposed to be more, he just ended up settling into his current role. 

On 9/10/2020 at 12:12 AM, NBASupes said:

FYI, not from my guy but from some people I am close to who are close to some in the org, here's what I got: 

1. Trae when he's been in looks amazing and ready for that 3rd year leap from what's going around. 

2. Cam is the player they are all predicting to have a breakout year. He's been excellent in workouts. Trae privately has been telling everybody he's going to be a superstar. 

3. Capela has really been turning heads. A lot of people within the organization think we got a steal in that trade with HOU. There is talk that he could be an multi-time all star. Trae privately has been saying that Capela will be the reason we are in the playoffs next year. LP as well. 

4. Hunter has been good in this offseason, they really feel he's ready to show everyone what everyone on the team knows already which is that he's a gamer and a true baller who has impact on the game. He has really been into film and realizing the difference he needs to be effective in the NBA as a forward. Hawks are very high on him and have been so for awhile. 

5. Huerter is a player that the org has always loved and will love. They are seeing his pop back from his rookie year and many think he can be a stud for us offensively and want to see him become more assertive within the game. Everyone always ooze about his talent level and his shot making skills. There is faith that he's going to be a good player within if not already if in the right role. 

6. JC been JC. I've been told that he's looking mighty sharp and his shooting looks more improved. There hasn't been as much growth in his game as the others but they are seeing more polish and from such an efficient and smart player, that's a great thing. 

Non-core: 

Capela a multi-time all star? That's not likely. It's really hard for a traditional non-shooting big to get an all star bid these days. Gobert ,who is widely considered better than Capela, just finally got his first all star reserve bid. They dont just hand those things out. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 9/7/2020 at 1:32 PM, NBASupes said:

Major Update: 

SA - Been in talks with Atlanta but nothing is there so far and I finally got the okay on this one. They aren't open to trading White or Murray and Atlanta isn't hot on Samanic. They did offer LMA to Atlanta which I found interesting. There was some interest in a possible swap of 11/DeRozan for 6 from Atlanta if DD opts in but it was a nonstarter for San Antonio. Pop loves DD. SA been in talks with a number of teams to move up. I was told their target is Onyeka Okongwu. The issue with SA is they don't want to trade a future 1st and they don't want to move the PGs, DeRozan or Walker, as well as Keldon Johnson. It's kinda hard to make a move for players who aren't that appealing. 

Circling back to this;

Shame on no Murray or White.

What was the LMA offer?

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@NBASupes  Any word on Houston direction after they lose to LAL.  Is D'Antoni out?  What are they gonna do with Westbrook?

Nothing so far out of Houston other then they want to be buyers for young players who fit the system. They are going to sink or swim with this group regardless of the success of it.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Capela a multi-time all star? That's not likely. It's really hard for a traditional non-shooting big to get an all star bid these days. Gobert ,who is widely considered better than Capela, just finally got his first all star reserve bid. They dont just hand those things out. 

That's what's being said, I haven't seen him since Houston and when I used to go to the games, it's not that hard to believe. Capela is really good when healthy and used correctly. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Circling back to this;

Shame on no Murray or White.

What was the LMA offer?

It had to do with Dedmon is all I know, no picks or anything like that. They really like the idea of moving up for Okongwu or Wiseman is what I was told but finding a deal that works for both teams is hard.

Hawks really like Derrick White but so do the Spurs but that's what it's going to cost to move swap picks. I was told it's highly unlikely. That a LMA deal is more likely if they can find the right suitor. Spurs are in a position where they want to cut some 2020-21 salary. 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Nothing so far out of Houston other then they want to be buyers for young players who fit the system. They are going to sink or swim with this group regardless of the success of it.

They were better off with Capela and CP3....lol....

29 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It had to do with Dedmon is all I know, no picks or anything like that. They really like the idea of moving up for Okongwu or Wiseman is what I was told but finding a deal that works for both teams is hard.

Hawks really like Derrick White but so do the Spurs but that's what it's going to cost to move swap picks. I was told it's highly unlikely. That a LMA deal is more likely if they can find the right suitor. Spurs are in a position where they want to cut some 2020-21 salary. 

LMA is done...

• Like 2