• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Man I don't know on this. It all comes down to flexibility, the new cap/LT etc. The way I'm looking at it, they don't have any way of getting under the LT without dropping a net 15 million in Salary. Their practical cap number right now is $145 million + the pick and they'll need to add 3-5 players and the new LT will be around $130 million. If they make the judgement call they have to just dump Wiggins, they aren't holding any cards except that #2 pick. Plus the pick has a pretty big cap hit by itself. It comes down to do you want to keep Curry, Thompson, Green together or remake it. Wiggins may have to just be dumped to get any flexibility.

I just can't wrap my head around this one for my Hawks eating that much of Wiggins to move up in a weak draft.  This helps GSW immensely, not so much the Hawks. We lose capspace and a valuable locker room guy to move up 4 spots in a weak draft to overpay Wiggins and muck up our future cap.

The value of #2 by itself is diminished by just adding Wiggins, so the Minny 2021 1st would need to be at least included.

Even then....i just don't want Wiggins.

• Like 1

• Moderators

GS is in the west i know but at some point you have factor in keeping other teams stuck in their own inflexibility.     GS is near the top of my list of teams i don't want to help out.   

GS is in the west i know but at some point you have factor in keeping other teams stuck in their own inflexibility.     GS is near the top of my list of teams i don't want to help out.   

Well, unless we get a no brainer deal

• Like 2

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Well, unless we get a no brainer deal

So good, you had to say it twice. Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, georgia said:

Whoever floated an idea of Dedmon for Wiggins with a swap pick and take Wiseman.....I’d have to strongly consider that.  

Young, Wiggins, Cam, Collins and Capela is a nice 5.....

No it's not.

Wiggins is owed $30+ million for the next 3 years. He's has been an underwhelming player for his career thus far. He's Marvin Williams-esque in that he doesn't love basketball. 

His defense is subpar most night for such an athlete. Hunter is already a better 3pt shooter as a rookie.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, georgia said:

Whoever floated an idea of Dedmon for Wiggins with a swap pick and take Wiseman.....I’d have to strongly consider that.  

I just feel like Wiggins is going to spend his career not defending the way he is capable of defending and putting on a lot of points on a lot of shots for losing teams.  Really don't want him and the $93M he is owed the next 3 years.  I will not be remotely surprised if 2 of the 3 of Huerter, Cam and Hunter have better ws/48 numbers next year than he puts up.  But he'll put up plenty of mediocre shots whereever he is.  His last 3 years he has put up a .505% TS%, .493% TS% and .536% TS%. Career .522% TS%.  For a guy who really doesn't do anything but score.  Ugh.  

He makes Zach LaVine look like a legit star.

• Like 2

To Supes and the Hawks Fam, this is of course a hypothetical pipe dream but give me your thoughts on this Devin Booker trade/scenario? Dedmond, Hunter, Huerter, and a 2021 and 2023 first round picks for Booker. With Trae, Booker, Cam, Collins, and Capela, we would be a lock for a top 3 seed in the east. This would make us that much more marketable to players like Giannis and increase our odds of bringing in that third star if you don't want to keep Collins. 

Would Phoenix do it or hang up the phone immediately?

I love the updates, keep that hot 🔥 stuff coming.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AHF said:

That would be a very good deal.

For Golden State.

Obviously money drives that type of transaction but even just from a basketball perspective I think you can't have Wiggins tying up the minutes and shots that he takes with Curry and Thompson back.  They will be a better team with more limited backups.

To be honest, a more realistic deal would be Wiggins + 2 for (insert name here) and other future protected considerations but Golden State's fan base isn't going to understand the finances of it all and just see it as getting robbed.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

To be honest, a more realistic deal would be Wiggins + 2 for (insert name here) and other future protected considerations but Golden State's fan base isn't going to understand the finances of it all and just see it as getting robbed.

In a different year, 6 and Wiggins for (Insert Name) and 2 would be fair or possibly even unbalanced against GS.  This year, I don't like it for Atlanta at all.  The gap between 2 and 6 isn't enough to warrant taking on Wiggins' soul crushing deal.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, TRW said:

To Supes and the Hawks Fam, this is of course a hypothetical pipe dream but give me your thoughts on this Devin Booker trade/scenario? Dedmond, Hunter, Huerter, and a 2021 and 2023 first round picks for Booker. With Trae, Booker, Cam, Collins, and Capela, we would be a lock for a top 3 seed in the east. This would make us that much more marketable to players like Giannis and increase our odds of bringing in that third star if you don't want to keep Collins. 

I'm not sure that's feasible for either team. Since Hunter and Huerter are on rookie deals, you are effectively trading a 4, 19 and 2 future firsts (I'm assuming you aren't protecting them) for Booker.  You don't need to throw in Dedmon (that just complicates things) because we're miles under the cap. Booker is a phenomenal offensive talent but his defense is very average to just slightly above average (depending on what you look at). But next to Trae he'd take a step back. Offense is for show, but you have to play some defense to win. Without 2 future firsts or Hunter, I'm not sure where you're getting enough defense to make up for your 2 guards. I'm not sure I like the fit.

On the Phoenix side of the ball, both Huerter and Hunter are fine players but neither is an Alpha on offense.  Phoenix needs a compliment to Booker offensively, not to trade him away. I just couldn't see the logic in this trade for either team. It puts Phoenix right back into rebuilding mode and makes us super fun to watch but not on a path to being a contender. If anything it handicaps us.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, TRW said:

I'd pass.  All offense not much defense.  They are both best WITH the ball.

7 hours ago, georgia said:

confused reaction | Confused Nick Young | Confused face, What meme,  Reactions meme

7 hours ago, georgia said:

You know that if we do that deal, then there is no way that the Hawks could keep Collins (if he wants the max, btw I dont think he deserve it right now, later maybe) and you will be stunting the growth of Hunter and Huerter.   Right now, nobody wants that deal at all.

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, AHF said:

Wiggins is going to be very costly to move.  Not sure if a #2 in this draft is enough.  I would not even think about Huerter and 6 for Wiggins and 2.  F no.

Imagine the Ball/Trae Backcourt??

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Imagine the Ball/Trae Backcourt??

Just to eloborate...

Ball is 6'8" and can shoot from anywhere on the floor.   Trae can shoot from anywhere on the floor.  This is splash brothers 2.0.    Thing is we'd have to wait for Ball to get his grown man body but when he does....  The combination will be hard to stop.  Wiggins is an albatrose.   So are all these draft picks not named Cam and John. 

• Confused 1