• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

1. Minnesota and them have been in talks about that pick and Oubre but they want PHX to take on some smaller contracts as well. PHX wants out completely of salary of Oubre. 

2. Yes but only as a pick swap and they aren't looking to drop down that far

3. Not that I am aware of as of today. Booker is as available right now as Trae Young. If you believe you got some core pieces and two superstars in Ayton and Booker, you just need to continue to get great fits and try to win it all.

Why do people keep think Booker is somehow available? Clearly delusional. 

• Premium Member

Just to speak to Oladipo.   Injury is always a pause.  However,  I think Indiana is in a trading mode considering that they can't get an extension done.   I'm not counting his money but if Oladipo came here for 1 year and showed great talent and good fit... I'd would be willing to pay the man. 

I agree about Cam, Hunter, and Heurter getting a look... but the truth is that we can develop all three.   Somebody is trade material. 

• Premium Member
48 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Just to speak to Oladipo.   Injury is always a pause.  However,  I think Indiana is in a trading mode considering that they can't get an extension done.   I'm not counting his money but if Oladipo came here for 1 year and showed great talent and good fit... I'd would be willing to pay the man. 

I agree about Cam, Hunter, and Heurter getting a look... but the truth is that we can develop all three.   Somebody is trade material. 

My concern: reports are he is intent on becoming a free agent, so even if we offered the money, he can still leave and the Hawks have nothing to show except that we have traded away a top 10 pick.  Although the draft may not be considered with top notch talent, you don't blow a #6 pick on a 1 year rental, that's bad asset management.

Guys with 1 year left on their deal don't garner that type of return unless you are AD who says 'this is where I want to go'

Example: Mitch Kupchak noted that in trying to move Kemba Walker last year he got offers for a lottery protected 1st because of his current contract status and future ask.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

My concern: reports are he is intent on becoming a free agent, so even if we offered the money, he can still leave and the Hawks have nothing to show except that we have traded away a top 10 pick.  Although the draft may not be considered with top notch talent, you don't blow a #6 pick on a 1 year rental, that's bad asset management.

Guys with 1 year left on their deal don't garner that type of return unless you are AD who says 'this is where I want to go'

Example: Mitch Kupchak noted that in trying to move Kemba Walker last year he got offers for a lottery protected 1st because of his current contract status and future ask.

Facts. Oladipo isn't even getting a protected 1st offer right now. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That's a good point.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Our first task is to use our capspace to upgrade the roster with good vet guys like Green, Milsap etc.

We have got to figure out which of Huerter, Reddish and Hunter can take the next step to be that guy on the wing - a year and half for Huerter and 66 games for our two rookies isn't enough to make that determination....Trae spoiled us with his rapid ascension. I'm reluctant to move them until they've had more games under their belt.

The assets required (more that just the #6) to trade for Oladipo is a non starter...perpetually injured, on a 1 year contract, looking for a massive pay raise...Pass! Jrue Holiday (30 years) is another name often mentioned, but again he is a 1 year players that can walk or we have to pay him a boatload.

Lavine and Trae backcourt is also a pass for me! That defense.

Not only is he injury prone, check out Oladipo's most recent shooting splits, they're terrible. 

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member

If Lavine played defense he would be a fun running mate with Trae. But that hasn't happened in Minn or Chicago yet.

I agree we should try to use our pick plus some of these young guys to go swinging for stars but it has to be worth it. We also haven't had a full year with our projected starters plus our pick this year.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I haven't asked him, but his play on the court tells the tale. As soon as he gives up the ball he starts begging to get it back. Maybe he can change his game, but I'm not holding my breath 

I hear you.  But I think it's fair to suggest having a more capable fellow floor general/playmaker could be a factor in how quickly (if at all) he develops his off-ball game.

I guess I pushed back at the notion that it's a lost cause.  I'm not sure we know one way or the other yet.  At this point, who else should be initiating offense?

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, AHF said:

Oladipo's 2017-18 season sticks out like a sour thumb as an outlier.  Definitely both performance and health risk with him.

I'm done with LOladipo, especially after his antics this season and all the rumors swirling.  Like PandemicP, he ain't good enough to wear the superstar pants but he keep tryna slip 'em on.

I really think one of the Spurs guys, if we can pry one loose, could be our answer to a running mate for Trae.  Or if we're willing to roll the dice on a Jrue trade.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'm done with LOladipo, especially after his antics this season and all the rumors swirling.  Like PandemicP, he ain't good enough to wear the superstar pants but he keep tryna slip 'em on.

I really think one of the Spurs guys, if we can pry one loose, could be our answer to a running mate for Trae.  Or if we're willing to roll the dice on a Jrue trade.

Derozen??

No.  Maybe Danny Green but he's 33. 

6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Derozen??

Ya know, I completely dismissed Zerozen but ... I can see him helping us.  Certainly not for a package including the 6 pick, which is what I was referring to.

People throw Hayward out as a potential add, but I'd prefer Zerozen over him just off health.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Derozen??

DeRozan has a player option for $27 million that he will likely pick up. So another 1 year player.

Danny Greene is with LAL.

@kg01 meant one of Murray or White and #11 for our #6 pick.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Ya know, I completely dismissed Zerozen but ... I can see him helping us.  Certainly not for a package including the 6 pick, which is what I was referring to.

People throw Hayward out as a potential add, but I'd prefer Zerozen over him just off health.

And cheaper $27 vs $34, but definitely not for the 6th pick.