• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@NBASupes....have you heard any rumblings that KAT might ask for a trade? He's not in the min(n)i-bubble with his team, he's hanging with the Kardashians instead 

Beat me to the punch.

Nothing there. As far as what MIN is getting, KAT is all in my guy stated to me when I reached out to him this morning about it. If he showed signs that is not, expect them to go all in for another superstar like a James Harden. 

They are years away from having to truly entertain a KAT trade unless they are blown away.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

He just signed an extension and has 4 years left on his deal. I'm not sure what he can do aside from publicly asking for a trade and disparaging the organization, that technique does often work though.

Agreed.  His only option is to make it untenable for them to keep him around.  It isn't like Anthony Davis where he could walk sooner.

• Premium Member
On 9/21/2020 at 11:11 AM, NBASupes said:

I can't speak on the NFL or what they will do or planning to do but I have some info today: Big time info. 

1. Indy is making noise. They have reached out to Atlanta for JC with no success but they have made a massive offer to Golden State if LaMelo Ball falls to #2 overall. Victor Oladipo, T.J. Warren, 2022 top 10 protected pick, and a 2021 pick swap for #2 overall and Andrew Wiggins. Considering Oladipo's stock, the value is obviously Warren and a top 10 protected pick in 2021 and pick swap. I was told that Myles Turner was never offered to GS, GS wanted him in a trade though. 

2. The other big trade that buzzing is there is talk that Indy and Chicago could do a Myles Turner/Jeremy Lamb to Chicago for Zach LaVine/Thad Young. This makes sense if Indy is planning on starting both Goga and Sabonis. Also plan on moving Brodgon back to the bench like he was in Milwaukee. 

@NBASupes  The Victor and Turner trades finally making the rounds via The Athletic.

image.png

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I got two massive massive deals in the works. 

First, the weaker of the two deals: 

1. Chris Paul Stakes. I've told all of you that Chris Paul trade value is still bad because teams just don't like that contract and don't know when CP3 decline will start and if it starts next year, they don't want to be holding the bag. Well, he gave me exclusive that only two teams are seriously interested in adding Paul. That is the New York Knicks and the wait for it... Houston Rockets. Not LAC, MIL, PHI but HOU. The thing is, Houston isn't going to do a deal as long as Harden is there but if Harden is gone. The two have talked about a clear swap of Westbrook and Paul. Westbrook has more value to OKC and they want to really start the rebuild and see him like a Kobe figure where you can rebuild but still keep the interest of the fans. Steven Adams has the most trade interest on the Thunder and I was told to expect him to be traded to a contender. Dennis also has some value but I was told interest is lower due to his salary for what many think is a backup PG. 

That leads me into the blockbuster. This has only been in talks but nothing concrete but Rosas/Morey/Brand have discussed a possible blockbuster including the 1st overall pick, D'Angelo Russell, Karl Anthony-Towns, Joel Embiid, P.J. Tucker, Ben Simmons, Josh Richardson, and James Harden. 

To HOU: 1st overall pick, Josh Richardson and KAT

To PHI: James Harden, D'Angelo Russell and P.J. Tucker

To MIN: Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons

This right now is being held up by Houston who wants more for Harden and MIN who might be looking to trade Embiid or Simmons depending on what they could get back is what he said. He said it will cost full price or the cost of an upgrade. It will not be cheap at all and most teams will be naturally priced out. Teams he think will be interested: Indiana, LAC, NO, Memphis, Miami, Denver, Portland, Dallas, and Brooklyn.

This leads credible talk to the KAT wants out talk but doesn't to HOU is willing to trade Harden. They want a lot and that might not be enough. 

That would be crazy. You would have to think the stars involved would have to green light this though, at least Harden. 

12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This has only been in talks but nothing concrete but Rosas/Morey/Brand have discussed a possible blockbuster including the 1st overall pick, D'Angelo Russell, Karl Anthony-Towns, Joel Embiid, P.J. Tucker, Ben Simmons, Josh Richardson, and James Harden. 

Morey is so hot/cold... he mortgaged their future last year to get Westbrook and now he's considering blowing it up? Seems that trade helps Philly, especially if they keep Horford. Why would MIN want both Embiid and Simmons when the consensus is they don't fit well together?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

That would be crazy. You would have to think the stars involved would have to green light this though, at least Harden. 

Harden is the most key. Houston wants to keep him at all cost. Based on what I got, they will look at all options SERIOUSLY before they trade James. The thing they are looking at the most is more future 1sts from PHI and 17th from MIN. I think they will get what they want if PHI and MIN wants this deal done bad enough. Houston wants the moon for Harden and if you want him, you will have to do just that. Harden does not want out of Houston. He's extremely happy in HOU but they are limited with future assets. 

4 minutes ago, warcore said:

Morey is so hot/cold... he mortgaged their future last year to get Westbrook and now he's considering blowing it up? Seems that trade helps Philly, especially if they keep Horford. Why would MIN want both Embiid and Simmons when the consensus is they don't fit well together?

Morey was brought into this. He didn't start these talks. PHI did with MIN. Houston is currently an unwilling party. He also didn't want to mortgage his future for Westbrook. The owner and Harden forced his hand. He was like, it's either me or Chris and obviously, it was Chris. Russ is not a Morey type. 

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, warcore said:

Probably because they have won enough games to make the playoffs in the West for the last 3 years while Minnesota has made the playoffs 1 of their last 16 years.  I could get why they'd like that core better.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Harden is the most key. Houston wants to keep him at all cost. Based on what I got, they will look at all options SERIOUSLY before they trade James. The thing they are looking at the most is more future 1sts from PHI and 17th from MIN. I think they will get what they want if PHI and MIN wants this deal done bad enough. Houston wants the moon for Harden and if you want him, you will have to do just that. Harden does not want out of Houston. He's extremely happy in HOU but they are limited with future assets. 

It is hard to envision Houston doing this deal.  They might be back in the lottery if they pull the trigger on that.

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I got two massive massive deals in the works. 

First, the weaker of the two deals: 

1. Chris Paul Stakes. I've told all of you that Chris Paul trade value is still bad because teams just don't like that contract and don't know when CP3 decline will start and if it starts next year, they don't want to be holding the bag. Well, he gave me exclusive that only two teams are seriously interested in adding Paul. That is the New York Knicks and the wait for it... Houston Rockets. Not LAC, MIL, PHI but HOU. The thing is, Houston isn't going to do a deal as long as Harden is there but if Harden is gone. The two have talked about a clear swap of Westbrook and Paul. Westbrook has more value to OKC and they want to really start the rebuild and see him like a Kobe figure where you can rebuild but still keep the interest of the fans. Steven Adams has the most trade interest on the Thunder and I was told to expect him to be traded to a contender. Dennis also has some value but I was told interest is lower due to his salary for what many think is a backup PG. 

That leads me into the blockbuster. This has only been in talks but nothing concrete but Rosas/Morey/Brand have discussed a possible blockbuster including the 1st overall pick, D'Angelo Russell, Karl Anthony-Towns, Joel Embiid, P.J. Tucker, Ben Simmons, Josh Richardson, and James Harden. 

This right now is being held up by Houston who wants more for Harden and MIN who might be looking to trade Embiid or Simmons depending on what they could get back is what he said. He said it will cost full price or the cost of an upgrade. It will not be cheap at all and most teams will be naturally priced out. Teams he think will be interested: Indiana, LAC, NO, Memphis, Miami, Denver, Portland, Dallas, and Brooklyn.

This leads credible talk to the KAT wants out talk but doesn't to HOU is willing to trade Harden. They want a lot and that might not be enough. 

This is a lot to unpack.

Russell and Paul back to their old teams??  Does OKC send back the picks as well 😁.  Now this in contingent on trading Harden.  I think CP3 made it through the season and looked great in the playoffs because of the layoff and bubble.

What are teams offering for Adams?

So if D'Antoni takes the job he wants Harden with him in Philly.

Minny , leaves me scratching my head a little.

Houston is retooling with KAT, Richardson, the #1 and the aforementioned Chris Paul.

Just now, AHF said:

It is hard to envision Houston doing this deal.  They might be back in the lottery if they pull the trigger on that.

That's what I told him. KAT can't get MIN to the playoffs or close, this deal would be moving backwards for Houston with limited assets of their own picks. My guess is, you don't do this deal unless you KNOW you can land CP3 for Westbrook is locked in. 

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is a lot to unpack.

Russell and Paul back to their old teams??  Does OKC send back the picks as well 😁.  Now this in contingent on trading Harden.

What are teams offering for Adams?

So if D'Antoni takes the job he wants Harden with him in Philly.

Minny , leaves me scratching my head a little.

Houston is retooling with KAT, Richardson, the #1 and the aforementioned Chris Paul.

Clean swap. No assets going either way. Both players were all NBA. 

He didn't say, just that Adams had the highest value. He believes LAC will be the team that lands him. He said OKC is trying to do a deal where they can land a center who can defend the best of the west and they think they can sign a PG to split time with Pat Bev. Lou Will is pretty much getting shopped to see what assets they can pull to give to OKC. 

Yes, that's what all parties want. Mike doesn't believe you can win it all with Simmons but Simmons doesn't have the trade value to generate a Harden trade. They have tried. It has to be both players. Teams want Simmons but you can't get another superstar for him. 

I am not sure what Minny gets from it. I think they move one of the players for several high value assets. I can't imagine they would trade Simmons. They have a lot of players who are built for spread Basketball outside of Culver which was a f***-up by Minny not doing a workout on Culver and not seeing why he was falling on everyone's board. 

Houston would need a lot more than that to trade Harden but yeah, that's the framework for now. 

13 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I just can't think of a deal like that ever getting done.  

Yeah, superstars just don't move that easy. This is a blockbuster to the 10th degree. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I am not sure what Minny gets from it. I think they move one of the players for several high value assets. I can't imagine they would trade Simmons. They have a lot of players who are built for spread Basketball outside of Culver which was a f***-up by Minny not doing a workout on Culver and not seeing why he was falling on everyone's board. 

Maybe Minny can trade Embiid to GSW for #2, Wiggins 😁 and get their 2021 1st rounder back plus additional assets.

• Haha 2