• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Is this like watching a plodding center end up making a desperation 3 then calling him a "stretch-5"?

I think, 'yep.

Smells like a lotta "want" and "need" him to be a wing than him actually "being" a wing.

I can see it if you are thinking long term of him in a Jerami Grant or Kyle Kuzma defensive role

Just posting this here without creating a new thread but is anyone watching the finals????

im telling y’all it’s good to invest heavily in the front court. Bigs still matter in the nba despite all this small ball. Drafting Toppin don’t mean getting rid of JC or grabbing the Big O (new Big O) don’t mean capela need to leave.

i would love to have 4 quality bigs! Miami has just 1 and he’s hurt even if he were playing it’s not enough for all these big bodies.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JTB said:

Just posting this here without creating a new thread but is anyone watching the finals????

im telling y’all it’s good to invest heavily in the front court. Bigs still matter in the nba despite all this small ball. Drafting Toppin don’t mean getting rid of JC or grabbing the Big O (new Big O) don’t mean capela need to leave.

i would love to have 4 quality bigs! Miami has just 1 and he’s hurt even if he were playing it’s not enough for all these big bodies.

They don't get it Brah!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JTB said:

Lakers have AD and LeBron. Two generational talents. You could replace the rest of the team with just about any decent vets. Lakers are a validation of generation talent, not some basketball philosophy.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Yeah, no. Sacramento would love to trade him but teams aren't exactly offering good packages for him due to his contract and Sacramento wants a good deal which is why they aren't trying to move him atm. He can play this little game but it's not going to get him out of Sacramento, a good offer will. 

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Yeah, no. Sacramento would love to trade him but teams aren't exactly offering good packages for him due to his contract and Sacramento wants a good deal which is why they aren't trying to move him atm. He can play this little game but it's not going to get him out of Sacramento, a good offer will. 

What kind of package is Sac looking for?

42 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What kind of package is Sac looking for?

Highway robbery. Right now, they got shit packages. Horford, cap space and OKC 2022, just big deals. Sacramento overpaid him by 20-25 million and that was a massive mistake. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 1

That said, Sacramento is under new management now so I don't know their train of thought about these offers. 

Like last year, they wanted Dedmon for Brooklyn's first early in the process and they wanted Kevin for Buddy or #6 for Buddy/their pick and Atlanta didn't want to trade #6 at all for Buddy much less Kevin.

I still think the cap space and 2022 1st makes more sense than Horford deal for them. 

That said, I don't know if Atlanta wants Hield anymore. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 2

Yet, some ding-a-ling wants the Hawks to trade Capela and half the Hawks roster and this years draft pick for Embiid.  That would be like stealing from a blind man for Philly.

:smug:

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Philly has Embiid and Horford, yet they got bounced, swept even, by a Boston team with 1 true big man in Theiss, who isnt even half the talent of those two guys.

Boston went on to beat Toronto, who had a much deeper frontcourt than them. (Siakem, Ibaka, Gasol)

Miami beat Milwaukee which is loaded in the frontcourt, (Giannis, Lopez, Lopez) despite only having Bam.

They also swept Indy who have Sabonis and Turner up front.

The Lakers arent winning just because of size, they are winning because Lebron and AD are better than anyone in a Miami uniform. Size matters, but talent matters most, forever and aways, in the NBA.

The small ball vs traditional ball argument always misses the point. No question about it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Lakers have AD and LeBron. Two generational talents. You could replace the rest of the team with just about any decent vets. Lakers are a validation of generation talent, not some basketball philosophy.

They are generational talents and the Lakers clearly have a clear value when it comes to Basketball philosophy as well under Vogel. This is brainless thinking to discredit their ability to find a style of Basketball that works because they have generational talents. Wade, LeBron, and Bosh was more talented and they didn't fit like that. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, NBASupes said:

They are generational talents and the Lakers clearly have a clear value when it comes to Basketball philosophy as well under Vogel. This is brainless thinking to discredit their ability to find a style of Basketball that works because they have generational talents. Wade, LeBron, and Bosh was more talented and they didn't fit like that. 

Perhaps, but don't tell me it means players like Howard and McGee are back in vogue. Nonsense.

35 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Philly has Embiid and Horford, yet they got bounced, swept even, by a Boston team with 1 true big man in Theiss, who isnt even half the talent of those two guys.

Boston went on to beat Toronto, who had a much deeper frontcourt than them. (Siakem, Ibaka, Gasol)

Miami beat Milwaukee which is loaded in the frontcourt, (Giannis, Lopez, Lopez) despite only having Bam.

They also swept Indy who have Sabonis and Turner up front.

The Lakers arent winning just because of size, they are winning because Lebron and AD are better than anyone in a Miami uniform. Size matters, but talent matters most, forever and aways, in the NBA.

Philly backcourt play was bottom 5 in the NBA status without Simmons. Its not that hard to figure out why they got swept 

Tatum, Brown, and Theis is a very good frontcourt and easily better than Toronto's. 

Backcourt play for Milwaukee was bad in the playoffs. Miami does an excellent job of muddying it up as we saw yesterday. You aren't given Miami enough credit for their tremendous defensive schemes and their ability to execute within them.

You simply aren't given the winners enough credit period and you are honing into why those other teams lost. Theis gave Toronto a lot of issues due to their usage of Siakam and how they counter his impact. Its not like Theis isn't a special defender when he is. We seen that first hand as Hawk fans.

I am really questioning the BBIQ here if we are constantly missing the big picture 

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Perhaps, but don't tell me it means players like Howard and McGee are back in vogue. Nonsense.

They are minimum level players. They will only have spurt value or specific matchup value which is clearly what we see. Saying they are in vogue is foolish to say the least. That said, yes, big man matter and always have. Its stupid to discount them in the first place. Impact is king and some bigs have tremendous impact on the game

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

They are minimum level players. They will only have spurt value or specific matchup value which is clearly what we see. Saying they are in vogue is foolish to say the least. That said, yes, big man matter and always have. Its stupid to discount them in the first place. Impact is king and some bigs have tremendous impact on the game

Also its how Vogel used his big men in different situations which made a huge difference.  So yes having bigs on your team who can serve specific purposes during games depending on the match up or game script is huge.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

I am really questioning the BBIQ here if we are constantly missing the big picture 

You're always talking down to people on here, but you rarely offer any real insight. It's just a lot of buzz words and vague statements. You talk all day long about schemes and systems without ever saying what those schemes and systems are and why they're effective or not. I'm not saying you don't know what you're talking about, but you're not good at conveying that information.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Yet, some ding-a-ling wants the Hawks to trade Capela and half the Hawks roster and this years draft pick for Embiid.  That would be like stealing from a blind man for Philly.

:smug:

Some ding-a-ling...wants to trade for Embiid...I wonder who GM could be talking about? 

🤔

😂