• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Some of ya'll still attacking me on JC. Not sure why but I should have more new information tomorrow. He said a couple are buzzing but wouldn't tell what is it

More information related to JC or just in general?

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

I was told to expect information to start flowing around the 20th...a week or so after the finals end. That lines up with them needing a week or two to settle league business.

Good to know ....I’m setting up a reminder to bother you on the 20th at 12am sharp....no I’m kidding (kind of 😏)

• Moderators
1 hour ago, mrhonline said:

Unless Collins is willing to take a less than (his) max deal or the Hawks really wanna give him 5 years, I don't think we should expect an extension.  Just my 2 cents...

There is zero rush on this.  Waiting it out allows us to make best use of our cap space because his cap hold will be less than whatever new contract he signs.  I don't expect it to happen but would absolutely require a deal that TS believes he would have to exceed next offseason to make the case for it.  Given JC's extended suspension, that isn't out of the possibility as a full season of what he did last year would have him in line for a bigger deal than his disrupted season should. 

Unless that circumstance arises, just wait and negotiate next year with the option to simply match competing offers.  Even if TS is willing to max him (and I don't think anyone here thinks that should be the first option), he should still wait to get the max cap space.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

There is zero rush on this.  Waiting it out allows us to make best use of our cap space because his cap hold will be less than whatever new contract he signs.  I don't expect it to happen but would absolutely require a deal that TS believes he would have to exceed next offseason to make the case for it.  Given JC's extended suspension, that isn't out of the possibility as a full season of what he did last year would have him in line for a bigger deal than his disrupted season should. 

Unless that circumstance arises, just wait and negotiate next year with the option to simply match competing offers.  Even if TS is willing to max him (and I don't think anyone here thinks that should be the first option), he should still wait to get the max cap space.

See that's fair. I am in no way advocating to just give him a max deal. I'm just looking at reality. Someone is going to give him a max or near max deal. $15 million a year is just not going to happen barring major injury or major public relations episode. Someone will....that's the price.

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, thecampster said:

See that's fair. I am in no way advocating to just give him a max deal. I'm just looking at reality. Someone is going to give him a max or near max deal. $15 million a year is just not going to happen barring major injury or major public relations episode. Someone will....that's the price.

Absent something significant changes in the meantime, I'm totally on board with matching just about any offer he gets next summer.  That is my expectation for what will happen if Collins and TS don't mutually agree on a number.  I'd rather overpay than let him go for nothing.  Similar to how NO will react to Ingram's RFA status this offseason, imo.  Whatever his abstract value is, he is too good for them to let go.  This isn't a Bazemore situation where you should just waive goodbye if he gets that big offer because JC & Trae are a great combo and should be part of our core as our young wings come online.  

I know Supes views JC as being in the Bazemore bucket (not that he views them as equivalent but that both of them are guys you let walk if they get overpriced offers).  I view JC in a "must keep" bucket.  How TS views him will matter the most.  Just my $.02.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, bleachkit said:

When you're talking max contract you do have to be careful though. 

I understand but the Hawks are gonna have to overpay to get a star or make a trade.  So the question is are we on the right path?  I think that remains to be seen.  

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Update: 

ATL: Seems like Atlanta isn't as hot on Green as they thought but Atlanta and Indy have engaged in trade talks again. For which players, I do not know. It could as small as T.J. McConnell or big as Brogdon. 

@NBASupes love your reporting.  This is all you needed to type and we would have been rabid for more information!

I'd be down for Brogdon.  Not sure at what cost though.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, marco102 said:

@NBASupes love your reporting.  This is all you needed to type and we would have been rabid for more information!

I'd be down for Brogdon.  Not sure at what cost though.

Would yall do #6 for Brogdon?

I would, as he is exactly the kind of Vet and PG this team needs. I think he would truly elevate us ( I know I said this before too haha)

• Like 1

Just now, RedDawg#8 said:

Would yall do #6 for Brogdon?

I would, as he is exactly the kind of Vet and PG this team needs. I think he would truly elevate us ( I know I said this before too haha)

If that's all we gave up, yes.  Brogdon is a pretty good compliment to Trae and would contribute to winning.  

He's still owed $65 million over three years and if he plays offense and defense like he did his final season in Milwaukee, he'd be worth it. 

If its for McConnel, I'd be down for that too. He is pretty solid as well for a backup. 

Just now, marco102 said:

If that's all we gave up, yes.  Brogdon is a pretty good compliment to Trae and would contribute to winning.  

He's still owed $65 million over three years and if he plays offense and defense like he did his final season in Milwaukee, he'd be worth it. 

He would cost much more wouldnt he? Like #6 and Bruno maybe?