• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

53 minutes ago, georgia said:

One thing to keep in mind is the Hawks have to spend at least 90% of the salary cap.   So they’re gonna have to spend in free agency or take on someone in a trade.  

They don't have to.  If they don't spend the 90% the difference will be split amongst the players at the end of the season.   It's also 90% by the end of the season.

If the Hawks get a decent free agent, I think they'll wait until the trade deadline to make a bigger move.   It'll make more sense to see how the young core plus the free agent is performing and then make a move based on team's needs.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, warcore said:

If you think about what we could do with $65 mil over 3 years with our cap space, it makes me wanna keep #6. I'm not sure the Bulls or Raps would match if we offered that much to Dunn or VanVleet. 

Vanvleet is worth that, but not Dunn, and Im a Dunn fan. But I get it and you're right 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, marco102 said:

They don't have to.  If they don't spend the 90% the difference will be split amongst the players at the end of the season.   It's also 90% by the end of the season.

If the Hawks get a decent free agent, I think they'll wait until the trade deadline to make a bigger move.   It'll make more sense to see how the young core plus the free agent is performing and then make a move based on team's needs.

Semantics. Not spending the full 90 costs you more in PR than any flexibility would give. Just assume it will be spent.  Also, that 90 is calculated end of season, not beginning. So they don't "have" to spend it by Jan 18....they just "have" to spend it by season's end net.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, thecampster said:

Semantics. Not spending the full 90 costs you more in PR than any flexibility would give. Just assume it will be spent. 

I think we'll spend enough to hit that level but I don't see there being a huge PR hit if you have sign who you wanted to sign and have the room to save the space to take on higher $$ players at the trade deadline.  

Also, that 90 is calculated end of season, not beginning. So they don't "have" to spend it by Jan 18....they just "have" to spend it by season's end net.

marco said that in the post you quoted so I think you are agreeing with him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Update: 

Blockbuster actually involving the Hawks as a MAIN TEAM

I can't give specifics but this team who has a bonafide All Star has offered him to us for one of our core players in a straight up deal. This All Star is said to be the perfect fit with our system and what we need around Trae on both ends. Atlanta is seriously mulling it over but I was told they aren't too sure. The reason this was offer is because of salary cap reasons and there is a good reason why you have to consider to pass on the deal if you are Atlanta. This team has major 2021 goals and they targeting a couple top FAs in 2021 but they still want to play high-level winning Basketball in 2020-21. I was told this is a deal, both teams see a lot of benefit from.

This one could be altered based on Atlanta's other moves if this move is made but it will be a blockbuster and yes, in my opinion, not sure about some others here but in my opinion, this move makes us much better of a team and I think a lock to be a playoff team at the least and even a top 10 offensive and defensive team next year. It's clear this team is targeting a specific player in 2021 who they think they will land without question. This team internally thinks they can land two stars in 2021. That's why they are open this deal. They also think they can do this while maintaining the Hawks core piece and their main FA in that same off-season. This team has lofty goals. 

I got a couple of more smaller moves to talk about but I gotta go but this is the one I was waiting for. I knew about it a couple of days ago but I needed him to confirm it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Update: 

I can't give specifics but this team who has a bonafide All Star has offered him to us for one of our core players in a straight up deal. This All Star is said to be the perfect fit with our system and what we need around Trae on both ends. Atlanta is seriously mulling it over but I was told they aren't too sure. The reason this was offer is because of salary cap reasons and there is a good reason why you have to consider to pass on the deal if you are Atlanta. This team has major 2021 goals and they targeting a couple top FAs in 2021 but they still want to play high-level winning Basketball in 2020-21. I was told this is a deal, both teams see a lot of benefit from.

This one could be altered based on Atlanta's other moves if this move is made but it will be a blockbuster and yes, in my opinion, not sure about some others here but in my opinion, this move makes us much better of a team and I think a lock to be a playoff team at the least and even a top 10 offensive and defensive team next year. It's clear this team is targeting a specific player in 2021 who they think they will land without question. This team internally thinks they can land two stars in 2021. That's why they are open this deal. They also think they can do this while maintaining the Hawks core piece and their main FA in that same off-season. This team has lofty goals. 

I got a couple of more smaller moves to talk about but I gotta go but this is the one I was waiting for. I knew about it a couple of days ago but I needed him to confirm it. 

Hmm.  only things i can come up with are Embiid or Paul George.    All stars on teams who think they can get Giannis?   

• Admin
7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Update: 

Obviously for Collins ... probably Simmons is my guess

8 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think we'll spend enough to hit that level but I don't see there being a huge PR hit if you have sign who you wanted to sign and have the room to save the space to take on higher $$ players at the trade deadline.  

marco said that in the post you quoted so I think you are agreeing with him.

Yes but clarifying.  On your point...the PR hit is with players, not fans.  Players absolutely talk about teams that don't hit the 90% threshold and label them cheap.

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Update: 

I thought that was just testing the offer....we're interested?

• Admin
1 minute ago, capstone21 said:

Obviously for Collins ... probably Simmons is my guess

If this is it ... defensively can Simmons guard PFs and how will he and Trae coexist as they both need the ball?  Also, Simmons can’t shoot ... still it’s interesting 

14 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I thought that was just testing the offer....we're interested?

From what he said, we are interested but we aren't locked in. It seems like this one could take awhile. It likely depends on the draft is what I imagine. 

8 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Hmm.  only things i can come up with are Embiid or Paul George.    All stars on teams who think they can get Giannis?   

All star rosters 2020....have fun!

#2 | Forward-Center

Anthony Davis  26.6 PPG3.3 APG9.2 RPG LAL

#2 | Guard

James Harden 35.3 PPG7.3 APG6.5 RPG - HOU

#2 | Forward

Kawhi Leonard 27.1 PPG5.3 APG7.4 RPG LAC

#2 | Forward-Guard

Luka Doncic 28.9 PPG8.7 APG9.5 RPG DAL

#2 | Forward

LeBron James 25 PPG10.8 APG7.8 RPG LAL

#24 | Forward

Giannis Antetokounmpo 30 PPG5.8 APG13.5 RPG MIL

#24 | Center-Forward

Joel Embiid 22.9 PPG3.2 APG11.9 RPG PHI

#24 | Forward

Pascal Siakam 23.5 PPG3.5 APG7.5 RPG TOR

#24 | Guard

Kemba Walker 21.8 PPG5 APG4 RPG BOS

#24 | Guard

Trae Young 29.7 PPG9.2 APG4.4 RPG ATL

#2 | Guard

Devin Booker 26.4 PPG6.3 APG4.2 RPG PHX

#2 | Guard

Chris Paul 17.5 PPG6.6 APG5 RPG OKC

#2 | Guard

Damian Lillard 29.5 PPG7.9 APG4.4 RPG POR

#2 | Center

Nikola Jokic 20.6 PPG6.9 APG10.2 RPG DEN

#2 | Guard-Forward

Ben Simmons 16.9 PPG8.3 APG7.9 RPG PHI

#2 | Forward-Center

Domantas Sabonis 18.3 PPG4.8 APG12.5 RPG IND

#2 | Forward-Guard

Jayson Tatum 22.1 PPG3 APG6.9 RPG  BOS

#2 | Guard

Russell Westbrook 27.2 PPG7.2 APG8 RPG HOU

#24 | Center-Forward

Bam Adebayo 15.8 PPG4.9 APG10.4 RPG MIA

#24 | Forward

Brandon Ingram 24.9 PPG4.2 APG6.4 RPG  NOP

#24 | Guard

Donovan Mitchell 24.3 PPG4.3 APG4.3 RPG UTA

#24 | Forward

Jimmy Butler 20.6 PPG6.1 APG6.8 RPG  MIA

#24 | Center

Rudy Gobert 15.6 PPG1.5 APG14.6 RPG UTA

#24 | Guard

Kyle Lowry 19.6 PPG7.6 APG4.7 RPG TOR

#24 | Forward

Khris Middleton 20.4 PPG4.3 APG6.1 RPG MIL

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Update: 

My guess:  Pascal Siakam for Collins.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, High5 said:

You say JC is a low impact bum that no GM values, but now we can trade him straight up for a "bonafide All Star" that will make us a top 10 team on both ends of the floor? 

I never said he's a low impact bum. I been on record that I wouldn't trade him straight up for the #1 overall pick. There is a massive gap between a good young player which JC is, and a max contract guy which he's not. 

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Embiid doesn't work with Capela though, unless we are trading Capela.