• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Embiid doesn't work with Capela though, unless we are trading Capela.

Umm I'd have to do that trade. If we don't give up John in that, that'll make the Hawks a top 4 seed in the east.  Barring Embiid staying healthy and losing some weight in the off sesaon. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I never said he's a low impact bum. I been on record that I wouldn't trade him straight up for the #1 overall pick. There is a massive gap between a good young player which JC is, and a max contract guy which he's not. 

But despite that "massive gap" you think a team is going to trade a high impact All Star for him? 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Back: 

. I did asked what would Atlanta do if they landed #1, and he said they will likely flip it. There are some extremely attractive rentals on the open market and this might make Atlanta think about getting one of them considering where they want to go as an org without trading a core piece. No, Giannis is not available, FYI. 

Huh?  We are trading up from #6 to #1 to flip it for a rental? Of the rental players, none are worth #1, or maybe I'm missing someone.

• Moderators

I'd be interested in Simmons but not sure who i'd be willing to give up.  can't imagine they are trading simmons for Heurter.

I'm honestly not that interested in Embiid.  Just doesn't seem like he's going to hold up.

Siakam.  I don't know.  Maybe.

• Admin

Super said all star not meaning all star this year ... who plays d and will help with the offense 

my prediction is still Simmons but agree that it could also be Paul George 

I would love Paul George two years ago but I don’t want a 30 year old George.

• Moderators
Just now, capstone21 said:

I would do that all day but why does Toronto?

I guess they'd rather resign collins next year to go with Giannis than Siakam?

Just now, capstone21 said:

Super said all star not meaning all star this year ... who plays d and will help with the offense 

my prediction is still Simmons but agree that it could also be Paul George 

I would love Paul George two years ago but I don’t want a 30 year old George.

I think you're right about Simmons.   who are we trading though?

30 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

From what he said, we are interested but we aren't locked in. It seems like this one could take awhile. It likely depends on the draft is what I imagine. 

I'm starting to think we aren't talking about the same players. Is this the 2 week old proposal?

Edited by thecampster

• Admin
2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'd be interested in Simmons but not sure who i'd be willing to give up.  can't imagine they are trading simmons for Heurter.

I'm honestly not that interested in Embiid.  Just doesn't seem like he's going to hold up.

Siakam.  I don't know.  Maybe.

If it is straight up it is for JC as he is the one who has comparable trade value to Simmons

I don't think Philly is trying to trade Simmons for a PF and Embiid is way too good for a straight up trade. Porzingis doesn't make sense either as he's a much better fit for Dallas and we don't want his knee problems. Siakam makes some sense. But I don't really believe there's a straight up blockbuster trade out there for us.

• Like 2

Just now, marco102 said:

Supes I know you can't give names or teams but can you give positions like two so you aren't giving too much detail.  This is for the "all star player" not who the Hawks are giving up.

@thecampster too.

I don't wanna start nothing without knowing. My phone hasn't been hot but once in a few weeks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I don't wanna start nothing without knowing. My phone hasn't been hot but once in a few weeks.

and I was right not to speak up. Not the dead deal I was told.

for the board....teams have inquired about JC, Hunter and Huerter and we've listened to all but not seriously considered one in those deals. Teams inquired about Cam and we laughed heartily with speaker phone on at each pitch. Teams have also inquired about Capela as well and I do not know how that turned out but I'm assuming it went no where. In most cases, teams have been interested in using us as a 3rd team in trades and not directly except for a few pitches.

These are all pitches right now. Very little in the trade world is serious yet and won't be for about 6 days or so.

• Thanks 3