Ask Supes

NBASupes

Just now, Peoriabird said:

@NBASupes...So John is now not a part of the core and is on the trading block?  Is this how you build team chemistry?  What about the notion of trading the #1 pick for a rental.  Is Schlenk on drugs or did your source get this one wrong?

JC is NOT on the trading block and he's a part of the core. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Update: 

Blockbuster actually involving the Hawks as a MAIN TEAM

I can't give specifics but this team who has a bonafide All Star has offered him to us for one of our core players in a straight up deal. This All Star is said to be the perfect fit with our system and what we need around Trae on both ends.

Question - when you say 'bonafide All Star', was this player an Allstar this season or at least last season.  Or is just playing like an Allstar but not selected to the team by fans or coaches?

Core Players: Trae, Huerter, Reddish, Hunter, Collins, Capela.....and this is a 1 for 1 deal, no added picks or players? Just doesn't seem possible that a team is trading a bonafide All Star in a straight up trade.  Maybe I'm missing somthing.

4 minutes ago, thecampster said:

and I was right not to speak up. Not the dead deal I was told.

for the board....teams have inquired about JC, Hunter and Huerter and we've listened to all but not seriously considered one in those deals. Teams inquired about Cam and we laughed heartily with speaker phone on at each pitch. Teams have also inquired about Capela as well and I do not know how that turned out but I'm assuming it went no where. In most cases, teams have been interested in using us as a 3rd team in trades and not directly except for a few pitches.

These are all pitches right now. Very little in the trade world is serious yet and won't be for about 6 days or so.

Facts! Teams offer shit all of the time but these I tend to mention are more serious. Meaning, teams have dug into it seriously on both sides.

Edited by NBASupes

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Question - when you say 'bonafide All Star', was this player an Allstar this season or at least last season.  Or is just playing like an Allstar but not selected to the team by fans or coaches?

Core Players: Trae, Huerter, Reddish, Hunter, Collins, Capela.....and this is a 1 for 1 deal, no added picks or players? Just doesn't seem possible that a team is trading a bonafide All Star in a straight up trade.  Maybe I'm missing somthing.

I see a bonafide All Star as someone who's a legit All Star. Not one of those, he had a great season, he's an all star like Mo Williams, Jeff Teague, etc. It's like, he's a real All Star level player. Like prime Sap or Horford, or Blake Griffin in his prime. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

If it's Westbrook, the answer should be no.

Supes said: 

This All Star is said to be the perfect fit with our system and what we need around Trae on both ends.

....so it can't be Westbrook.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

JC is NOT on the trading block and he's a part of the core. 

So it wouldn't make much sense to trade him for Siakim because there isn't much difference between the 2.  That would basically be a trade to just get rid of Collins because you don't like him.  I'm almost ready to say the same about Ben Simmonds.  Simmonds is better at certain things but far worse at others.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Supes said: 

....so it can't be Westbrook.

Porzingis is the perfect fit honestly.

great rim protector can spread the floor for Trae and others.

plus Dallas is one of the teams that can create 2max spots in 2021 and their rumored to be at the front of the line for Giannis.

makes a lot of sense imo.

12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

There's filler but nothing substantial.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Huh!

Then I'm gonna go with Clint Capela for Rudy Gobert!

Gobert is a rental and Allstar.

They are the same player right?  Gobert might be a little better defender but that doesn't trading for him as a rental.

Just now, Peoriabird said:

No to Porzingis...Great shooter but stinks on defense!  Plus he is very injury prone!  Stay away from players that can't stay healthy.

Porzingis is a much better defender than JC. I'd take him in a heartbeat if he wasn't so injury prone.

• Like 2