• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Update: 

Blockbuster actually involving the Hawks as a MAIN TEAM

I can't give specifics but this team who has a bonafide All Star has offered him to us for one of our core players in a straight up deal. This All Star is said to be the perfect fit with our system and what we need around Trae on both ends. Atlanta is seriously mulling it over but I was told they aren't too sure.

27 minutes ago, thecampster said:

and I was right not to speak up. Not the dead deal I was told.

for the board....teams have inquired about JC, Hunter and Huerter and we've listened......Teams inquired about Cam ....... Teams have also inquired about Capela as well and I do not know how that turned out but I'm assuming it went no where.

24 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

JC is NOT on the trading block and he's a part of the core. 

14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I was talking in general. Not just this one and Atlanta isn't trading Capela at all. 

I'm confused now.  you initial post said Atlanta is seriously considering a deal for a bonafide Allstar for a core player. Between you and Campster - you've eliminated the entire core except Trae.

tenor.gif?itemid=7766118

9e7f359c4b03a20c36e4a840e1a4b778.gif

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm confused now.  you initial post said Atlanta is seriously considering a deal for a bonafide Allstar for a core player. Between you and Campster - you've eliminated the entire core except Trae.

tenor.gif?itemid=7766118

Not on the trading block doesn't mean teams can't make offers. They can even make offers for Trae

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Not on the trading block doesn't mean teams can't make offers. They can even make offers for Trae

But you said 'Hawks are seriously considering the blockbuster' in your initial post.

But I get it...nothing is set in stone, and always fluid with lots of moving parts.

17 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

tenor.gif?itemid=7766118

We will listen to offers for Huerter, Hunter, JC, Capela in that order of availableness but we are in the driver seat with all the cap room....the offers have to be "I get fired if I don't do this" level. We aren't shopping them. Teams have come to us. We've been shopping our cap flexibility, future assets.

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Minny wants a pick swap with a top 8 team and a 2021 lightly protected 1st like Atlanta got from Dallas. I was told, no one was interested. Minny offered Atlanta the pick for a pick swap and Hunter and was quickly declined and they did the same for Kevin H and was quickly declined as Atlanta had no interest in trading anyone in their core. Atlanta did counter with Bruno and #6 and was declined. As of right now, i am told a sitting offer of 1st/James Johnson for #6 and OKC 1st 2022 is the standing offer. They tired the same with NY. Wanted Robinson/#8 for #1 and was declined. NY offered 8/27 for 1st overall as a standing offer. 

I want to revisit this:

So we get #1 and we flip it for a rental player?  Seems counterproductive - unless we really want James Johnson.  Seems we can flip 6 for that rental and keep the 2022 OKC 1st and our capspace.

• Premium Member
Just now, thecampster said:

We will listen to offers for Huerter, Hunter, JC, Capela in that order of availableness but we are in the driver seat with all the cap room....the offers have to be "I get fired if I don't do this" level. We aren't shopping them. Teams have come to us. We've been shopping our cap flexibility, future assets.

Okay, that makes sense. 

What about the 2020 #6 pick, where does that fall in lineup?

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I want to revisit this:

So we get #1 and we flip it for a rental player?  Seems counterproductive - unless we really want James Johnson.  Seems we can flip 6 for that rental and keep the 2022 OKC 1st and our capspace.

Out - 2022 OKC first (likely 10-20 range), out #6 - In James Johnson + #1.  Atlanta turns and flips #1 for  established vet with salary + lower pick. It was a two part thought separated out.

• Thanks 1

• Admin
37 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So it wouldn't make much sense to trade him for Siakim because there isn't much difference between the 2.  That would basically be a trade to just get rid of Collins because you don't like him.  I'm almost ready to say the same about Ben Simmonds.  Simmonds is better at certain things but far worse at others.

Pascal is an excellent defender and a good three point shooter who can spread the floor at the 4 ... that’s the difference 

• Premium Member
Just now, thecampster said:

Out - 2022 OKC first (likely 10-20 range), out #6 - In James Johnson + #1.  Atlanta turns and flips #1 for  established vet with salary + lower pick. It was a two part thought separated out.

How low of a pick.  Still in lottery or out?

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Okay, that makes sense. 

What about the 2020 #6 pick, where does that fall in lineup?

Atlanta looks at 6, 3 ways - will the player be good enough to get rotation minutes year 2. they don't feel this draft is good enough to get a rotational player at 6 who isn't redundant. They feel the most value is higher in the draft or flipping 6 for a rotational player now. If they draft at 6 its because they couldn't get a reasonable offer for it. They don't want to flip it for 1 unless they can then flip 1 for play now talent.  The pool of teams that have a desire for the 1st pick, salary room to fit the first pick salary, player in return worthy of the 1st pick, the need to drop a salary and stuff to go with it is about 5 or 6 total teams at most. That's the rub.

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

How low of a pick.  Still in lottery or out?

probably lower than 14, higher than 25...that range.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Atlanta looks at 6, 3 ways - will the player be good enough to get rotation minutes year 2. they don't feel this draft is good enough to get a rotational player at 6 who isn't redundant. They feel the most value is higher in the draft or flipping 6 for a rotational player now. If they draft at 6 its because they couldn't get a reasonable offer for it. They don't want to flip it for 1 unless they can then flip 1 for play now talent.  The pool of teams that have a desire for the 1st pick, salary room to fit the first pick salary, player in return worthy of the 1st pick, the need to drop a salary and stuff to go with it is about 5 or 6 total teams at most. That's the rub.

probably lower than 14, higher than 25...that range.

I can work with that range

tenor.gif?itemid=4577829

Let me take a second to talk about the draft and value.  Most of the draft missed out on 15+ games of instruction, conference tourneys and the NCAA tourney. That is valuable development time. Most of the programs were not allowed to hold workouts during that time There is significantly less tape, less medical knowledge, less development for this round of what was already seen as a weaker draft class. There are teams who are very interested in players in this draft solely because they can stash them on their roster as a low fixed 4 year salary. There is significant interest in acquiring picks in the 20 range and not in the lottery. Its bonkers. Teams don't feel they know enough about the lottery players except for the few who played last year as well. There is very little Euro buzz save for a few players. The buzz, the only buzz is for Lamelo and if you could take Lamelo 2020 and put him in the draft last year he would not go top 5. If you put him in 2 years ago he'd struggle to make the top 10. Cam Reddish went 10 last year...Lamelo does not have the ceiling of Cam. Let that sink in. This years draft is a crap shoot like no other year. Nobody knows what anyone would do as far as picks go. Its that jacked up right now.

• Thanks 2