• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

11 minutes ago, thecampster said:

and nobody, not even Boston knows what Boston is doing right now. Their trading interest has been exceptionally low considering they have 3 picks and no where to put them.

You know what, I asked the same thing a couple of weeks ago. Boston has been quiet but they barely have roster spots. Maybe they trade Edwards. Seems like a bust.

13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You know what, I asked the same thing a couple of weeks ago. Boston has been quiet but they barely have roster spots. Maybe they trade Edwards. Seems like a bust.

Greetings from 2021, supey.  With their 3 1st, Boston will draft one guy to keep, will sell one, and draft a stash with the other.

Towards the end of the season, a rookie will emerge out of nowhere to have a really good season.

Then, the 'media' will put out anonymous stories about how BOS was soooo close to trading all 3 picks to move up for this rookie since they knew he was gonna be a star.

That rookie will be Okoro and he'll be wearing a Hawks uni.  Oh, I've said too much. 😲

The Time Lords are moving in on my position.  They don't like us giving info back to you 2020-ers.

Edited by kg01
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Greetings from 2021, supey.  With their 3 1st, Boston will draft one guy to keep, will sell one, and draft a stash with the other.

Towards the end of the season, a rookie will emerge out of nowhere to have a really good season.

Then, the 'media' will put out anonymous stories about how BOS was soooo close to trading all 3 picks to move up for this rookie since they knew he was gonna be a star.

That rookie will be Okoro and he'll be wearing a Hawks uni.  Oh, I've said too much. 😲

The Time Lords are moving in on my position.  They don't like us giving info back to you 2020-ers.

So Okoro is your guy?

14 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I think I've seen this on Youtube...hmm...now where was that???  

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

So Okoro is your guy?

Doesn't matter if he's my guy or not.  Did you miss the "Greetings from 2021" part?

Seriously though, that's just who I think they'll end up with if a trade doesn't happen.

5 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I think I've seen this on Youtube...hmm...now where was that???  

I won't hover here and be ridiculed by you 2020-ers.

Oh, I forgot, you guys don't hover yet.  My bad. 😎

• Haha 3

Update: 

We had a long convo this morning but more was about non-sports than anything but anyway, here is what he shared. 

Corp is considering 70 games, season ends in June with 4-5 games a week. They get their July and August back to the players. 

Obviously they can't do a bubble but with so many events canceled, arena availability is extremely high but travel is the challenge. 

They are considering a preseason which starts on Christmas and a start of the regular season on MLK day. They are also considering wiping the preseason and starting on MLK day altogether. 

I couldn't share the rest but it's a lot of games. Depth will matter A LOT. 

We talked about teams in the draft: 

Nothing changed on MIN front, he said they are still pushing the PG idea. I want him confirm that this is done from LAC but he said it isn't but LAC is shopping around different moves to see what are their options. They are looking at a number of different things to do to become a contender and keep Kawhi who has made it clear, he wants to win a ring or have the contending team which he felt they didn't have last year. 

He confirmed Chicago interest in Ball and several others but said that Chicago willingness to move up is a lot less higher than that's being stated. Protections on any 2021 1st is seen as key and many don't want to even send top 10 protections, strictly lottery. It's been tough, this might be the least valuable year #1 pick wise since the A. Bennett draft. 

He said MIN wants to move down but their target if they do is Obi Toppin. I asked could Obi go one and he said possibly. This would suck for the Hawks in my opinion. 

Atlanta hasn't shown a great deal of interest in moving out of 6 but they have been very active in asset hunting. There is a feeling, they will not be able to spend a lot of their cap depending on what it becomes due to the market. They will be looking for trades. He said, we are looking for minor to BLOCKBUSTER deals. Stated we are one of the buyers for more picks in this draft. 

He said the Knicks are looking at moving up to 5 again and that they are looking to move back as well. Knicks are looking at their options. He was told, NY doesn't want to move 27, that could make moving up to 5 impossible as they aren't interested in moving future 1sts. Frank or Kevin doesn't have 3 spot value even in this type of draft. 

Phoenix has talked to Golden State, Cleveland and Atlanta about moving up. Likely for Obi Toppin. MIN asking price is too high I was told. 

Obi Toppin is becoming the #1 player on the board in terms of interest. As more time as past, teams are realizing what I already knew, he's the most projectable and ready player in this draft with all star upside. The easiest player to pick in this draft where everyone has 21 questions. I don't know if we can get him at #6 as I hoped. 

• Thanks 4

35 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Wouldn't LAC be better served going after Jrue than CP3?

His contract allows LAC to retain more of their bench or use in trade to get value.

The cost of CP3 is A LOT less than Jrue. A lot less. Trade value is king here. 

• Premium Member
39 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Wouldn't LAC be better served going after Jrue than CP3?

His contract allows LAC to retain more of their bench or use in trade to get value.

Four team trade idea:

PG and (*Dedmon )to Nets
Jrue and (*Dedmon) to Clippers
#6 to NOP from Hawks
#13, #19, Some combination of Allen/Levert/Dinwiddie/Prince to Hawks.
(* Dedmon to one of Nets or Clippers)

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Four team trade idea:

PG and (*Dedmon )to Nets
Jrue and (*Dedmon) to Clippers
#6 to NOP from Hawks
#13, #19, Some combination of Allen/Levert/Dinwiddie/Prince to Hawks.
(* Dedmon to one of Nets or Clippers)

I remember seeing this in the trade ideas thread. Yeah, I don't see LAC having any if not zero interest in trading PG to Brooklyn. This would be a pretty bad deal for LAC. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1