• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

What are we going to buy more picks with?

Capspace.  Not saying any of these are available but it'll trade like these or similar:

Powell and #18, Prince and #19, James Johnson and #17, Will Barton and #22.  Any of these teams looking to cut salary since the Hawks have capspace:

image.png

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

What are we going to buy more picks with?

Maybe taking on a contract another team wants to unload.  That would make sense if we thought we couldn't use our cap space on free agents and couldn't come up with trades for players we wanted (or maybe we want the player and the other team wants to unload them).  Just spitballing.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, thecampster said:

16 minutes ago, JTB said:

Yup I really believe it’s going to happen . Either Simmons or Embiid will not be a 76er by next seasons trade deadline is my prediction.

I’d love to pair with Trae!

I don't know if I would call it a Rumor specifically, it was more a response to a question by 1 of 20 Player Agents, an article by The Athletic. 

4. Which franchise needs a major move this offseason?

6.5 — Philadelphia

• “Philly is at the point where it’s a make or break year for just about everybody.”

Regarding our Hawks

“Atlanta has to take another huge step. And their challenge, the way that Trae Young plays as an individual is phenomenal, but I don’t know that they’re going to win that way. And I don’t think he’s willing to change his game. It might be kind of like a James Harden thing. Trae made the All-Star Game, everyone likes watching him play, but does that translate into winning? And they’re a young team and they need to make a step up.

“You have to have more balance. I’m old school. I don’t think you can win with one dude scoring 40 every game, without a real good balance. I mean, Michael Jordan scored 40 with the Bulls before they put other talent around him and he did change his game. He scored 60 against the Celtics. But you create more balance. George Gervin was one of the most prolific scorers ever but never won. Wilt Chamberlain was averaging 50 and the Celtics would always beat them. It’s more team basketball. There’s a balance between excellent individualism of one or two guys, blended in with more of a team.”

Full article:  https://theathletic.com/2127698/?source=twitterhq

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, kg01 said:

That's such fkng lazy "analysis".  That "executive" could've written that about any scoring player.

"I'm old school".  STFU. There's nothing old school about recognizing there needs to be balance.  Does he think he's breaking news here?

Sorry, I'm in a bad mood. 😔

Not an executive - these were player agents.

Why are you in a bad mood?

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Not an executive - these were player agents.

Why are you in a bad mood?

Ah ok, then all this is even more worthless than I thought. 😇

13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Supesitits

Whoa, is that an STD?  You cure those with penicillin, right?

Asking for a friend.

:Bud: Naw, you cure them with scotch. *burp*

• Haha 3

58 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't know if I would call it a Rumor specifically, it was more a response to a question by 1 of 20 Player Agents, an article by The Athletic. 

4. Which franchise needs a major move this offseason?

6.5 — Philadelphia

• “Philly is at the point where it’s a make or break year for just about everybody.”

Regarding our Hawks

Full article:  https://theathletic.com/2127698/?source=twitterhq

I know we get defensive about it as Hawks fans, but general managers, coaches, agents seem to be kinda skeptical of Trae, and his 30 and 10 gets the stink eye from them. He's gotta show he can play winning team ball this year. I think he will.

2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

I know we get defensive about it as Hawks fans, but general managers, coaches, agents seem to be kinda skeptical of Trae, and his 30 and 10 gets the stink eye from them. He's gotta show he can play winning team ball this year. I think he will.

Many of those same people said he would be bench player or was a bust. Don't let the "objective" outsiders fool you.  About 100% of those same people would want Trae on their team.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, kg01 said:

Name any among us that prefer seeing him get 30/10 over us having a winning team.

I'll wait.

Exactly, no one.  Stop just saying stuff.

The assumption is those things are mutually exclusive. I'll submit my vote when you offer something substantive to back up the assumption.

• Like 1