• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

3. Pick swap and 2021 1st rounder which in reality is 2022 since 2020 1st will go to LAC. They never changed their asking price.

4. SnT Pat Bev and someone else. I think I talked about this one last time. He's opting out. He won't get 27 million per on the open market this time, more like 18-20 million is what I've been told from others. A SnT will be realistic. Basically what we saw with Jimmy Butler/Miami and Philly. 

3. The Minny pick swap with which team? Still Atlanta?

4. SnT DeRozan at $20 million for Beverly (13) and Zubac (7)?

32 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

3. The Minny pick swap with which team? Still Atlanta?

4. SnT DeRozan at $20 million for Beverly (13) and Zubac (7)?

3. No one has offered yet from his understanding including Atlanta. MIN wise. People don't want to trade a future 1st. 

4. That's possible. I wouldn't know to be sure. They can do a number of things to be honest. It doesn't have to match. Since we have no summer league, no one will have interest in overly finalizing deals. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
18 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I've been too busy. He called today and texted but I couldn't talk. This is a really bad time for me. I've been extremely busy and I am planning a major party for my daughter. 

How's the party planning coming along?  How old will your daughter be?

On 10/22/2020 at 4:21 PM, Sothron said:

I have to ask: why don't we hire Kenny Atkinson to be head coach and get rid of Pierce? We all know how great Kenny is at developing players and he kinda got screwed with the Nets. I think he'd be a great addition over Pierce.

Pierce's developmental ability shouldn't be questioned:

- Collins supposedly didn't have a jumper . . . now he's shooting 3s at a very high rate

- Trae was supposed to be boom or bust ( with most "experts" predicting bust ) . . . Trae is an All-Star in Year 2

- Cam Reddish looked skiddish in Summer League and in the first 1/3 of the year . . . Cam looks like the 3rd best player on the team by February

Pierce does the right things to develop players and make them better.  Where Pierce has to get much better at, is lineups and adjustments.

I

• Like 4

10 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Pierce's developmental ability shouldn't be questioned:

- Collins supposedly didn't have a jumper . . . now he's shooting 3s at a very high rate

- Trae was supposed to be boom or bust ( with most "experts" predicting bust ) . . . Trae is an All-Star in Year 2

- Cam Reddish looked skiddish in Summer League and in the first 1/3 of the year . . . Cam looks like the 3rd best player on the team by February

Pierce does the right things to develop players and make them better.  Where Pierce has to get much better at, is lineups and adjustments.

I

That should've said Pre-season, not Summer League.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Gray Mule said:

Time flies!  And, it doesn't slow down.  In just a few very short years she will be bring you your future son-in-law to meet you.  Then, in the blink of your eyes, here comes the grand kids to visit Papaw Supes!

I know.  This week I gained a great grand son.  I now have 2 and a great grand daughter.  My late wife was once told, "Once you have children, you never run out of children,"

Congratulations and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your daughter!!

😃

Congrats on your great grandson, GM!

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Time flies!  And, it doesn't slow down.  In just a few very short years she will be bring you your future son-in-law to meet you.  Then, in the blink of your eyes, here comes the grand kids to visit Papaw Supes!

I know.  This week I gained a great grand son.  I now have 2 and a great grand daughter.  My late wife was once told, "Once you have children, you never run out of children,"

Congratulations and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your daughter!!

😃

Congrats Gramps!

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Excellent, 7, goodness, time flies.

Time really flies, my daughter turned 12 in August and she's already taller than me 😒. I took her with me when I went to vote and they tried giving her an application, asking 'First time voter?' 😁

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

LOL!  The bar is so low for this dude!  Its amazing!

Nah . . you have to give him credit for the development.  If you have a big man that didn't even take 3s in college, and have him making them at a high clip, you have to give credit to LP's development program.

Now if Bruno comes out making 3s at a high rate this year, the same thing applies, even though Bruno did take and make a few 3s in college.

You and I are DEFINITELY aligned when it comes to these small lineups and his non-adjustments in adverse moments.  The Hawks can't win playing small, because we don't shoot well enough, nor are we tough enough physically.

But give LP good marks on developing the young players.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Nah . . you have to give him credit for the development.  If you have a big man that didn't even take 3s in college, and have him making them at a high clip, you have to give credit to LP's development program.

Now if Bruno comes out making 3s at a high rate this year, the same thing applies, even though Bruno did take and make a few 3s in college.

You and I are DEFINITELY aligned when it comes to these small lineups and his non-adjustments in adverse moments.  The Hawks can't win playing small, because we don't shoot well enough, nor are we tough enough physically.

But give LP good marks on developing the young players.

I don't...I think Young is one of those self motivated players who sought help from a number of former star. Pierce had very little to do with Young's development offensively and has done nothing to develop anyone defensively nor does he know how to win. I'm not down with Pierce being this great developer plus none of those players mention credits Pierce so why do you?