• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

22 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I didn’t understand what number one would cost ... are we talking 6 and future picks or 6 and a core guy(s)?

which I don’t want to do unless it’s a flip like you said for guys that will help us now.

No core guys are getting traded from what I understand........

• Like 1

I think PG was a fantastic player but at his 30 and after some scary injuries he is going down and I think he will go down quickly.

I don’t think he is the player you want to grow with our young core. I would think on a younger and cheaper player, I am beginning to think Josh Richardson is the best fit if we want to make a deal.

• Like 2

It’s pretty clear to me that Schlenk and this front office has talked with teams about the #1 pick and what those teams are willing to give for that pick. 

Atlanta having the number 1 pick could just be offering a better package than Minny is offering for the number one pick.

sounds like to me if Schlenk is really going to move up to get that pick he did his homework very well. Like supes said it could be for PG13 or for a all star player we don’t even know is available.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Based on what I've personally been hearing, to flip. For whom, I would assume it's Paul George but it could be someone else who's available that Atlanta may covet that people don't know is available. 

I'm trying to figure out if not PG, who?  Any Squawkers have any guesses?

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So the deal is #6, Huerter and an UNPROTECTED pick in either 2021 or 2022 for #1 which we flip for PG who is on a 1 year contract? That doesn't sit well with me.  PG would at least need to pick up his 2021-22 player option if we are including both Huerter and an unprotected pick.  We'd have to have EVERYTHING go perfectly for that 1 year.

Agreed.  Too much for PG with the ability to walk after a single season.  He is good but isn't a superstar.  

• Like 4

• Premium Member
On 10/19/2020 at 10:40 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

I have a mega 6 TEAM trade (my 1st one ever) based on @NBASupes Paul George to Atlanta/CP3 to LAC rumor.

I don't think PG will be happy in Atlanta and I'm still debating the risk to Atlanta.

So here goes:

MIN - #6 from Atlanta and 2022 1st (top 5 protected) from SAS (since they end up with #1) - Minny gets what they are looking for, a move down and future 1st

LAC - CP3 (41) and Derrick White (4) - Clippers move PG and Beverly to get CP3 and a back PG of the future.

ATL - #11, Dinwiddie (11/PO), Allen(4/RFA), LeVert (16). Moves down in this draft, and breaks PG into smaller assets that fills roster needs. (Atlanta can take on additional salary if needed)

SAS - #1, Beverly (13) - Spurs get the #1 pick to draft Wiseman and a replacement for White.

OKC - #19, Prince(12) - OKC gets compensation for CP3 and reduces their tax bill. $41 million is still a lot of salary.

BKN - PG (35), Dedmon (13), Bembry (3) Nets get their 3rd star to add to KD and Kyrie and a backup Center.

Thoughts? What did I miss? Feel free to move different players to different teams, add, subtract as needed, 2nds or smallers assets. I tried adding DeRozan to go to Clippers but that would invole LAC sending out more players with salaries to match the $68 mil from CP3 and DeRozan. Salaries in parentheses.

3 hours ago, thecampster said:

PG13 is about the Clips trying to create space and retool, not about the Hawks desperately wanting PG13. We are just the best fit for them moving him. We will do it if they make it worth our while. This would also be a multi team deal.

Hawks have talked with Boston, Miami, Brooklyn, Philly, Toronto.

I've added, my 6 team mega trade above re-routing PG to the Nets.  Maybe I should work on one to each of the teams mentioned above.

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, High5 said:

I was fine with the hypothetical of us giving up #6 and a future pick for PG. But once you start including Huerter and other things it becomes too much for a likely one-year rental when we aren't contenders. I still don't think Schlenk is seriously contemplating moving up or trading for PG. 

I don't either.  The last thing we need is a malcontent and he didn't acquit himself well on the court or the locker room in the bubble.   You an say it's all rumor but then way do the clips want him gone?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, High5 said:

I was fine with the hypothetical of us giving up #6 and a future pick for PG. But once you start including Huerter and other things it becomes too much for a likely one-year rental when we aren't contenders. I still don't think Schlenk is seriously contemplating moving up or trading for PG. 

This become way too much for a rental in my eyes as well. That much is clear. That said, Atlanta is in talks to land #1 overall and we all know they likely won't keep the pick.