Ask Supes

NBASupes

6 hours ago, thecampster said:

2021 is going to be in the mid teens at best (barring a Trae injury). We'd give it up to get the right player.

I hope youre right..The rest of the East are getting better too..

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

And no rookies fit our timeline because theyll all need multiple seasons to get to the point of helping us win.

I think Hali, Okoro, Toppin, and a few others could help as rookies..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dean Walker said:

Am I the only one that would rather have ball or Edwards instead of pg13??

Georges fit here wouldn’t make any sense because he doesn’t fit our timeline.

Well, that is true but here is the question that lies within there, let say that the Hawks has another bad year and Trae is thinking about going to another team even know that we can have the most money to give him but because we didnt give him the tools to win with, he might think that going to another team will do that for him.  Do not get me wrong that PG13 might not work in the timeline but we cant just use the timeline for timeline sake.  That is the difference between super GMs like Toronto/Riley/West to the scrubs.   

• Moderators

The blackballing only made sense to me as a league issue and Morey's departure came at right about the same time that China turned the switch back on for the NBA.  It could certainly be the case that whatever franchise that employs Morey will lose out on China revenue specific to them but that is not nearly as big a deal as the league-wide implications.  If the league didn't block him being hired as President, I can't imagine any domestic issues for the Sixers with this.  Might be more about being unhappy with the team building or something specific to Houston's owner (especially given that it came with the firing of the coach Morey hired).  

14 minutes ago, AHF said:

The blackballing only made sense to me as a league issue and Morey's departure came at right about the same time that China turned the switch back on for the NBA.  It could certainly be the case that whatever franchise that employs Morey will lose out on China revenue specific to them but that is not nearly as big a deal as the league-wide implications.  If the league didn't block him being hired as President, I can't imagine any domestic issues for the Sixers with this.  Might be more about being unhappy with the team building or something specific to Houston's owner (especially given that it came with the firing of the coach Morey hired).  

He did leave on his own merit is what I got as well. I just didn't buy it. 

Two things I was just texted to watch for: 

Watch what Philly does with their stars with whom are not on the market and watch for Kevin Love and Blake Griffin trade market, especially with the Clippers. Note: They have interest in Horford and CP3 as well. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Two things I was just texted to watch for: 

Watch what Philly does with their stars with whom are not on the market and watch for Kevin Love and Blake Griffin trade market, especially with the Clippers. Note: They have interest in Horford and CP3 as well. 

I wouldn't mind Josh Richardson.  He fits the age profile (27) and has 2 years left on a decent contract.