• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, kg01 said:

And no rookies fit our timeline because theyll all need multiple seasons to get to the point of helping us win.

If we’re being completely honest with ourselves we won’t be a playoff team next year. This upcoming season especially when there will be no fans would be the perfect opportunity to continue develop our core.

i feel like we are trying to skip steps with these potential win now moves.

There could be some worthy players available but it's gonna cost us a lot. Like A LOT to get them. It will not be cheap at all. Obviously, Cam, De'Andre, and Trae are off limits. Clint might as well be depending on the deal. JC and Kevin are generally off-limits but to pull the type of deal that could be pulled. It's gonna take one of them without question. 

3 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

If we’re being completely honest with ourselves we won’t be a playoff team next year. This upcoming season especially when there will be no fans would be the perfect opportunity to continue develop our core.

We would've been a playoff team last year if Collins hadn't gotten suspended.  This year is even more of a given if they start the season in December.

And I don't even think those are 'homer' statements.  Just an assessment of things around the league in general.  

• Like 2

Just now, kg01 said:

We would've been a playoff team last year if Collins hadn't gotten suspended.  This year is even more of a given if they start the season in December.

And I don't even think those are 'homer' statements.  Just an assessment of things around the league in general.  

You believe we would have made it last year over Orlando? 

hace 9 minutos, Blunt91 dijo:

I wouldn't mind Josh Richardson.  He fits the age profile (27) and has 2 years left on a decent contract.

I posted it earlier, I think he would be a perfect fit here, 3& D player and can play backup PG, best fit for us. He is a fantastic player and his age fits the team, by the time our core is developed he would still be able to contribute. I think he can be had for cheap as Phily needs cap space for Chris Paul.

1 hour ago, AHF said:

That kills the league blackball theory.  Still a strange situation.

I'm proud of the NBA and the sixers. Maybe others here don't care, but kowtowing to Beijing overlords would be hypocritical and really disappointing. Everything can't be just about money all the time. Sticking up for pro democracy activists rightfully scared of authoritarian intrusion should not be a point of contention, ever.

• Like 4

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

I think we're a playoff team but we do have to admit that there are more east teams trying and probably with the ability to get to the playoffs this coming year than there were last year.

• Like 1

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I'm proud of the NBA and the sixers. Maybe others here don't care, but kowtowing to Beijing overlords would be hypocritical and really disappointing. Everything can't be just about money all the time. Sticking up for pro democracy activists rightfully scared of authoritarian intrusion should not be a point of contention, ever.

Agree with you on that.  The NBA has taken a couple of pro-human-rights stances that have cost them some money over the last few years and I think they are the right thing to do but I'm sure mileage varies depending on who you ask.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

He's a brilliant basketball mind. For better or for worse, his emphasis on small ball and shot efficiency has had an impact on the league. 

yes, he's so brilliant he can't even make it to a conference finals with two MVPs on his team.

I'm not saying he's bad but he's like the "be like the Pistons!" mentality back in 2000's when every team without a superstar thought if they played a certain way they could win titles. It never worked again and yet it took a decade or more to get proven wrong to cheap and stubborn owners and GMs.

Morey's ideas of just shoot 3's and have no real big men is toxic to basketball and I hate it with a passion. He gave us Capela for almost nothing. If he's that stupid to how to win playoff basketball then please let him gift us Joel as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

He's a brilliant basketball mind. For better or for worse, his emphasis on small ball and shot efficiency has had an impact on the league. 

He is absolutely a no-brainer hire with 30 teams needing someone to be their GM and/or President.  He might not be the top choice for every team but he will always be a better choice than a bunch of the people who fill these rolls.  

Never made the finals but his Rockets are one of the biggest success stories for building from the middle (as opposed to building from a high lottery position).  

• Moderators
Just now, Sothron said:

yes, he's so brilliant he can't even make it to a conference finals with two MVPs on his team.

I'm not saying he's bad but he's like the "be like the Pistons!" mentality back in 2000's when every team without a superstar thought if they played a certain way they could win titles. It never worked again and yet it took a decade or more to get proven wrong to cheap and stubborn owners and GMs.

Morey's ideas of just shoot 3's and have no real big men is toxic to basketball and I hate it with a passion. He gave us Capela for almost nothing. If he's that stupid to how to win playoff basketball then please let him gift us Joel as well.

You know Russell Westbrook isn't remotely close to an MVP.  His team the last few years has been a contender that has fallen short.  The "no real big man" thing is just last season and it's a bit hard for me to say whether that was Morey or D'Antoni.  Morey has had Clint Capela and Dwight Howard for the last 6 years on his rosters.  Before that he had 7 footers in Omer Asik (11.7 rpg), Samuel Dalembert, and Yao Ming.  

So he has had a real big man on every roster until he traded Capela to us this last season.  And I'm pretty grateful for that trade too.  :happy:

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Dare I hope Morey keeps being Morey and wants to keep Ben Simmons at the expense of trading Embiid?

He's not keeping Simmons over Embiid. It's a lot easier to built a contender around Embiid over Simmons. 

9 minutes ago, AHF said:

You know Russell Westbrook isn't remotely close to an MVP.  His team the last few years has been a contender that has fallen short.  The "no real big man" thing is just last season and it's a bit hard for me to say whether that was Morey or D'Antoni.  Morey has had Clint Capela and Dwight Howard for the last 6 years on his rosters.  Before that he had 7 footers in Omer Asik (11.7 rpg), Samuel Dalembert, and Yao Ming.  

So he has had a real big man on every roster until he traded Capela to us this last season.  And I'm pretty grateful for that trade too.  :happy:

Had Harden and company been able to shoot in crucial playoff games they might have won a title. I'm not going to hold 27 consecutive missed three pointers in game 7 to the Warriors on Morey. Teams were good enough, they just didn't get it done.

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He's not keeping Simmons over Embiid. It's a lot easier to built a contender around Embiid over Simmons. 

Supes, I dont believe this, but  a friend of mine heard Jaylen Brown might be available for #1 pick..No way there is any truth to this is it? Who would the C's want at #1?  Bring him home Travis. lol..

Id throw in Huerter too. 😀

Edited by terrell
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Had Harden and company been able to shoot in crucial playoff games they might have won a title. I'm not going to hold 27 consecutive missed three pointers in game 7 to the Warriors on Morey. Teams were good enough, they just didn't get it done.

Live by the three die by the three. Or in his case, build by the three.

If the roster was more versatile perhaps they would found another way to score.

• Like 1

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

I guess he spent all the quality time he could stand with his family. 

"Later Moreys! I'm going back to work!"

That's hilarious.

Hey @bird_dirt i don't know if anyone has mentioned but your two photos in your signature line are gigantic on desktop.  At least for me they are kind of full screen.   No biggie.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1