• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

12 minutes ago, txsting said:

Yeah, I'm sure you're right.  He's underrated in the media, but I'm sure OKC understands his value.  I wonder if the 76ers would consider something for Thybulle or Shake Milton?  I think either one would help our thin situation at SG.

Cam Reddish and Kevin Huerter are a thin situation?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, warcore said:

Cam Reddish and Kevin Huerter are a thin situation?

Well, I guess i don't really see Reddish as a SG (given that he probably wouldn't guard that position), and Huerter is okay but probably doesn't have a lot of upside, IMO.  If I'm objectively looking at our roster, and ask the question "which position would you improve?", it's SG all day long.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, txsting said:

Well, I guess i don't really see Reddish as a SG (given that he probably wouldn't guard that position), and Huerter is okay but probably doesn't have a lot of upside, IMO.  If I'm objectively looking at our roster, and ask the question "which position would you improve?", it's SG all day long.

Yeah if we treat Cam as a 3 then we are thin at 2.   But at the end of the day we need a solid rotation wing and backup PG.  We could use a PF but with Hunter, Skal, Bruno able to slide in there sometimes it's not critical hopefully.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, txsting said:

Why don't you think he'll guard the position?  I expect that he will ultimately match up against their best SG/SF when on the floor with Huerter and mixed and matched depending on matchup when on the floor with Hunter.

• Like 3

Just now, AHF said:

Why don't you think he'll guard the position?  I expect that he will ultimately match up against their best SG/SF when on the floor with Huerter and mixed and matched depending on matchup when on the floor with Hunter.

I guess I don't see him having the lateral quickness once his body matures.  He's still adding strength and some mass at this point.  I just feel he's an all-rounder at SF, but is a bit out of position at SG.  I could be wrong of course.  I would really like a quality backcourt defensive presence next to Trae.  I don't think Kevin or Cam are long term answers at SG.  Again, I could be totally wrong.

And at PF, I love having John as a stretch 4 next to Capela.  I really think that is strong.  I see Bruno as a developing backup at C, and Hunter as a developing stretch 4 (but capable of playing 3).

I agree we need another backup PG.  That's why I love Haliburton as a pick.  He is flexible, can begin his career learning and being a playmaker on the second unit.  He can grow into playing alongside Trae.

1 minute ago, txsting said:

I guess I don't see him having the lateral quickness once his body matures.  He's still adding strength and some mass at this point.  I just feel he's an all-rounder at SF, but is a bit out of position at SG.  I could be wrong of course.  I would really like a quality backcourt defensive presence next to Trae.  I don't think Kevin or Cam are long term answers at SG.  Again, I could be totally wrong.

And at PF, I love having John as a stretch 4 next to Capela.  I really think that is strong.  I see Bruno as a developing backup at C, and Hunter as a developing stretch 4 (but capable of playing 3).

I agree we need another backup PG.  That's why I love Haliburton as a pick.  He is flexible, can begin his career learning and being a playmaker on the second unit.  He can grow into playing alongside Trae.

And I also like Brandon Goodwin as depth at PG, we may have something there.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, txsting said:

Yeah, I'm sure you're right.  He's underrated in the media, but I'm sure OKC understands his value.  I wonder if the 76ers would consider something for Thybulle or Shake Milton?  I think either one would help our thin situation at SG.

Are you talking about for the #6 pick? That's a straight up no, they're not worth it.

why would he not guard that position? He guarded SG's and PG's successfully last year. He's really gifted athletically. He has the height of a 3 but his game and mobility is that of a 2 guard. All the people that say Cam is a 3, i'm convinced don't know much about his game. People just look at his raw measurable and say he's a SF

Edited by Cwell
  • Like 3

• Moderators
Just now, Cwell said:

why would he not guard that position? He guarded SG's and PG's successfully last year. He's really gifted athletically. He has the height of a 3 but his game and mobility is that of a 2 guard. All the people the say Cam is a 3, i'm convinced don't know much about his game. People just look at his raw measurable and say he's a SF

I think he can play either wing spot.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, AHF said:

I think he can play either wing spot.

of course he can, but my thing is what position would allow him to fully take advantage of his size? Especially on this team? That's SG. Why play him at SF when we have Hunter there? I'd rather have both out there than just one. Cam's rare length and lateral quickness would bother guards on offense and defense, not as much at SF. Most forwards are gonna be stronger than him, atleast at this point in his career.

• Premium Member

He'll guard the quick wings, Hunter the bulkier wings.

On 10/27/2020 at 11:56 PM, NBASupes said:
He held on to some information wanting confirmation. Here's what he got: 

NBA Draft Talks:

Min - MIN/ATL has been in talks for the #1 overall pick. This is pretty damn big information he got to me. Let's see where this goes but yes, Atlanta has been in talks for the #1 overall pick. I was told it will be slightly more costly than DAL/ATL and ATL/NO meaning 2021 or 2022 will be an unprotected pick, no protections. MIN has been reaching out to all of the top 8 teams and the interest just isn't there for a future 1st or their 2021 pick back. 

GS - While talks to trade out of the 2nd overall pick is still ongoing, GS has narrowed down their big board to 6 players. S. Bey, Deni A., Wiseman, Ant, Ball, and Toppin. They aren't leaning to anyone right now. They are shopping MIN 2021 1st and Wiggins for an all-star center or excellent young center. They have been in contact with Indy and Orlando about their centers Turner, Sabonis, and Vucevic. He was told Indy wasn't that interested. It's just really hard for Indy to move into the top 3 without a legit All-Star or a lottery in general. If Indy had #11 and Turner, they could get #2 right now. He is saying this will be a tough play. He said GS/PHI have been in talks for Horford/Wiggins but the issue the 3rd team to give value to PHI for Wiggins. Wiggins seems like a blocker right now for GS. It seems like they are looking to do the best possible deal for them. Like Atlanta, they have been talking to EVERYBODY! 

CHA - They are top to a big 4. Toppin, Wiseman, Ball, and Edwards with a strong lean to Wiseman then a lean-to Edwards which everyone is starting to confirm. He said he got laughed at on the phone when he asked if they read the Ringer's mock with CHA trading 2021 1st. He said CHA is fine at 3 and is not interesting in moving up unless the deal makes sense for both teams. There is talk that GS and CHA have talked about a trade where CHA takes on Wiggins to move up one spot and GS takes on Zeller. CHA is NOT interested in a trade of a future 1st. A trade could add a 2nd round pick from both sides. He confirmed that. Bonnell sadly can't get specifics but he can. 

CHI - Looking at Ball, Hayes, Haliburton, and Deni. Nothing has really changed. 

CLE - Edwards, Ball, Toppin, Deni, and Wiseman are their guys. I really like Okoro a lot which is where he could also go. 

ATL - He only confirmed Atlanta will trade out of this pick. He thinks Atlanta is moving up but he's heard several think Atlanta is moving out of the 1st altogether. 

DET - They are looking at lead guards but have a keen interest in Toppin if he falls. 

NY - They are all over the place doing research on a lot of guys. They are looking to Okoro, Vassell, and Williams. 

WAS - Okongwu seems to be the consensus but it depends who lands at #6 in place of Atlanta. If it's MIN, Toppin or Okongwu could be the pick which would mean WAS would be a tough spot. 

PHO - Has looked to move up but there was no interest due to the assets that were available. He thinks they are a trade down team. 

SA - It seems like they aren't willing to move White or Murray based on his recent findings. This will likely kill their ability to trade up. 

SAC/NO - No details. 

BOS - Is a team looking to move up but not too high. This is where #8 NY could come into play if the right guy drops. He was told that Haliburton or Okongwu has piqued their interest. 

The rest: 

Brooklyn has been shopping #19 for an upgrade. He wasn't exactly told what the upgrade is but he thinks this is a Buddy Hield trade. Even with Hield, they still want to resign Joe Harris at all costs and don't give a damn about the LT. 

Philly is targeting CP3 as well as the Clippers. Their willingness to trade #21 as their main asset and Horford has some value but LAC wants to be able to clear all of the cap room for CP3 and maybe even adding a young player or an asset in some manner. At the end of the day, CP3 will be able to choose where he goes. 

OKC is shopping Steven Adams and I was told he is getting decent pull. They did target GS MIN 2021 1st but GS didn't view Adams as worth that picks on any level. There is still interest from GS in Adams nonetheless. The issue with OKC is they may have to take a late 1st for Adams and that might not be enough to move him for OKC but that's a better value than DET got for Drummond. Boston is considering him but his price tag is too high. Boston wants to resign Aron Baynes. 

He is hearing the same thing others are about Gordon Hayward. He is looking to opt-out. He is looking to resign or find an SnT deal to Dallas. This one is Boston's to lose. He seems to want to resign but with more years and a less competitive market than 2021. 

Nothing changed with the Clippers from what I've stated. He said everything is still the same. DeRozan wants to go back home to LA. There is odds of him getting that deal that appeals to him but I was told his market value is what LA wants to pay him which is 17-19 million which will make a well-paid 3rd to 4th option. 

Clippers are targeting resigning Harrell, Green, and Morris. I was told they have an interest in Gallo, Baynes, and Grant. Even some interest in Wood. One of the big sales of Lue was his roster flexibility skills which both Leonard and Ballmer valued. Clippers are planning on keeping a lot of their core but there will be some major changes that is what he has continued to be told. It doesn't look great for PG13. He really rubs a lot of people the wrong way throughout the season and this isn't the 1st time as I mentioned. 

Lakers are trying to maintain but they are looking to upgrade Green and Kuz. I was told this will be harder than it looks. Oladipo is their target but he's not going to be easy to land. They are looking for that 3rd option. I've heard LaVine is also a target but CHI has little interest. 

Philly has been active, to say the least. They have been on the market for adding more talent. CP3 has been a player that they have been targeting but I was told it's not super likely. PHI has had talks with GS about Wiggins/Horford but they want a better 3rd player than Wiggins and GS 2021 1st isn't that attractive. They are also open to keeping the pick a lot more than Brooklyn is with their pick. Buddy Hield is a target as well. It's just Andrew Wiggins value is so low regardless of how GS wants to sell it. 

Toronto was looking at major changes and was targeting guys like Harrell but things just changed. It became clear they focused on resigned FVV. They are looking at cheaper options and have faced the reality that making that major move might not be possible. While they are pitching the idea of getting Giannis, it will be difficult. They do have some options and have been fairly active on trades even with the Hawks but it's looking like they will maintain more than a wholesale change. 

Dallas has been extremely active and really wants to be a player in the SnT market. The issue is, they don't have much value to offer anyone. They are trying to make it clear, they need to be a player for Giannis. I just don't hear the interest from Giannis side. It's either MIL, GS, LAL, MIA, or TOR. The talk that it's Dallas is just not there. That said, they want to be a player for Kawhi in 2021 as well.

Indy is in a tough place. They want to move up but the interest in there if they also had a lottery pick. Without one, it's a limited deal to these teams. 

I got some minor updates 

ATL 

Min and ATL have engaged in talks for #1 overall but they are ways apart. MIN wants a major haul while Atlanta wants to do a deal where it's a pick swap, a heavily protected 2021 1st and that's it. MIN has been trying to see if they can get Kevin added to the deal to no avail. My guess is MIN wants a protected 2021 1st, Kevin, and a pick swap and we want 1st and to keep Kevin at all cost. I don't believe #17 will be enough to entice Atlanta to add Kevin. This one might or might not happen. As stated previously, MIN wanted a lot for that pick. Based on the previous information, they wanted a lightly protected future 1st and a pick swap. 

Golden State is a lot more realistic with their value for trades and I wouldn't be surprised if Atlanta and GS made a deal at the end of the day. 

MIN needs to become realistic before it's too late. 

PHI AND HOU

As of right now, Harden, Simmons, Embiid, and Westbrook are not available for trade. This doesn't mean they aren't available for the right price but they aren't right now.

There has been some interest of late in moving up from Portland. They have engaged in talks with Cleveland and Atlanta but I was told both teams was less than interested. Still, look to them to make a move. 

ATLANTA

Hawks have been low key but they have been looking at Hayes, Haliburton, Toppin, and doing more information on Ball. The idea is we will trade down or out is popular but he thinks we will trade up.

• Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I got some minor updates 

ATL 

Min and ATL have engaged in talks for #1 overall but they are ways apart. MIN wants a major haul while Atlanta wants to do a deal where it's a pick swap, a heavily protected 2021 1st and that's it. MIN has been trying to see if they can get Kevin added to the deal to no avail. My guess is MIN wants a protected 2021 1st, Kevin, and a pick swap and we want 1st and to keep Kevin at all cost. I don't believe #17 will be enough to entice Atlanta to add Kevin. This one might or might not happen. As stated previously, MIN wanted a lot for that pick. Based on the previous information, they wanted a lightly protected future 1st and a pick swap. 

Golden State is a lot more realistic with their value for trades and I wouldn't be surprised if Atlanta and GS made a deal at the end of the day. 

MIN needs to become realistic before it's too late. 

PHI AND HOU

As of right now, Harden, Simmons, Embiid, and Westbrook are not available for trade. This doesn't mean they aren't available for the right price but they aren't right now.

There has been some interest of late in moving up from Portland. They have engaged in talks with Cleveland and Atlanta but I was told both teams was less than interested. Still, look to them to make a move. 

ATLANTA

Hawks have been low key but they have been looking at Hayes, Haliburton, Toppin, and doing more information on Ball. The idea is we will trade down or out is popular but he thinks we will trade up.

Sounds like Ball if we trade up.

I like that we are finally looking at Hayes. Im warming up to Toppin.

He looks more like that "big wing" you were selling him as in his workouts. Still dont see it from game film. But if they are looking at him in drills then I get why they would say that. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Sounds like Ball if we trade up.

I like that we are finally looking at Hayes. Im warming up to Toppin.

He looks more like that "big wing" you were selling him as in his workouts. Still dont see it from game film. But if they are looking at him in drills then I get why they would say that. 

I don't know who the targeted player will be. They aren't tabbed to interview Ball.

Just to add, MIN has to become more realistic on the cost of the pick. Teams have completely avoided them because they want a lot more than what people value the pick as across the league.

• Thanks 2