• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

6 minutes ago, Wretch said:

Had to check in on this thread after hearing the open buzz about our pick... 
The #6, Huerter, 2021 or 2022 1st, AND we take on a contract?  For the #1? Huh!? 😕...and I'm not going even ENTERTAIN the name of the MOTHERFORKIN RENTAL that's been suggested we flip it for. Just keep the pick and BPA.  

I'm with @kg01, we had a shot at the playoffs last year if we had actually tried.  This year we've added Capella, we have another year under the rookies' belts, we'll have full year of JC who gets to move to a more natural position at PF, and Trae is on a mission and absolutely GRINDING this offseason...  I see absolutely NO reason to press the panic switch and start flipping young assets for dime-a-dozen veterans and/or rentals JUST to make it to the playoffs. 

I know Schlenk is smarter than that, so if those are the cards on the table...I'm expecting a power move.  That or Ball/Edwards/Wiseman has REALLY blown someone's head off.

Also...

- Cam can hold down the 2/3 defensively.  Him reaching his potential is another story.
- Good for Morey
- @bird_dirt's signature is like a Fiat sittin' on 22's

First and foremost, it's a heavily protected future 1st and even then, Atlanta wasn't okay with the idea of trading Kevin in any kind of way in this type of deal much less taking on any contract.

Whatever your hearing about is pure rubbish.  

That's a package to land Zion Williamson or Ja Morant. Not one of these guys.

Golden State has the most fair move down type of deals right now. Atlanta would just do a deal with them if push came to shove 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

First and foremost, it's a heavily protected future 1st and even then, Atlanta wasn't okay with the idea of trading Kevin in any kind of way in this type of deal much less taking on any contract.

Whatever your hearing about is pure rubbish.  

That's a package to land Zion Williamson or Ja Morant. Not one of these guys.

No effin doubt...  I thought I read that and unprotected 1st...to move up.  Let me go back and read what was said a few pages back.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Golden State are the most realistic trade up team simply because they aren't overvaluing their slot.

Is this still within the framework of getting PG13? Did your guy mention any of the other vets that Hawks are targeting? 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, thecampster said:

To the point about Minny.  If you don't ask for the moon, you can't get the moon. They of course are trying to drive up value.

I said that's the price right now. I didn't say we were interested at that price.

Rock on.  For a moment there, I had BKnightish/Babcockian flashbacks 😂

It's a good starting point, but certainly we would need to be backing that deal down or something substantial would be coming back.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Golden State are the most realistic trade up team simply because they aren't overvaluing their slot.

I guess they realize including Wiggins devalues that pick.

What is their framework deal looking like?

• Premium Member
49 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I forgot to add that the Rockets are targeting Myles Turner 

the Hawks are targeting some vets as well for trade. 

Houston doesn't have any picks to trade. Who are they offering for Miles?   Only Covington has good trade value.

Eric Gordon? I don't see why Indy would be interested.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Houston doesn't have any picks to trade. Who are they offering for Miles?   Only Covington has good trade value.

Eric Gordon? I don't see why Indy would be interested.

Robert Covington is the player I heard Indy as well as MOST teams have interest in. Even we have interest in Convington. 

• Thanks 3

25 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I am surprised we are interested in Covington, seems we are real about winning. I think we should only pull the trigger if the right deal comes.

Not a fan for a move for a 1 year rental on stars like Paul George, and of course De Rozan. This is not the year we should pursue that kind of deal, we are not on become a champion mode yet, this do not help us.

Not a fan of some moves taking bad contracts as Wiggins, Zeller...

I think there would be good players at 6 that fills a need like Okongwu or Haliburton and free agents that for a reasonable amount could help a lot. Napier, Clarkson, Agustin, Dunn, Yogi Ferrell, Frank Jackson, Melton, Shaquille Harrison, Tyler Johnson, Korkmaz, Joe Harris, Hood, Burke, McRae, KCP, Beasley, Forbes, Derrick Jones, Grant, Porter, Bertans, Crowder, Ingram, Wilson Chandler, Hayward, Gallinari, Harkless, Craig, Caboclo, Rondae.... just to name PGs and wings. Some of them can be signed cheap and would be as productive as some other options. 

I am a fan of trades for vets on the 25-28 range that are signed to a reasonable and long contract and can still develop and can help on defense and shooting at PG, wing and PF position. One name that comes to my mind is Josh Richardson. I cannot remember other player named that fills that mold.

Good synopsis. I concur.

How many lottery picks does a team need to compete? We have 3 already, they look great.

We have 2 more first rounder prospects, they look great too. The only glaring needs are backup spots behind those drafted core players.

How nice would it be for Cam to go from "the next Paul George" to learning from the real Paul George everyday?

How better to help Kevin be more aggressive than learning from a vet in Derozen who actually knows how to attack the paint?

The difference makers in this draft are not clear cut. And by most accounts will be gone by 6.

Not one player at 6 will have a bigger impact than veteran All Star level, playoff tested guys in the locker room.

Who is our 2020 rookie going to learn from next year? A 2nd/3rd year guy? Mind you, there is no summer league or preseason for them to get their feet wet, and not many minutes after the core guys to learn by fire. So what is typically a rough learning process for good rookie prospects gets extended even more in a pandemic year where they dont get any real developmental time. They wont help us at all next season if I had to guess.

This is not a typical offseason. We cant keep thinking like it is. If ever there was a year to throw some sh against the wall this might be it. 

Who do you truly fear missing out on from the 2020 class? Who are you going to look back and regret not having? If we have to trade a future pick to move up and draft that guy why not spend it on a proven commodity that will actually generate the buzz needed to make you an attractive FA destination?

Put it like this. 1 year of PG or Derozen is like the movie Cant Buy Me Love (or Love Dont Cost a Thing for my generation)

So what if its only for a year. Just being associated with someone that others deem attractive instantly makes you more popular (Life lesson). Next thing you know people are talking and saying "I didnt realize it before but Atlanta actually is pretty a great franchise" instead of just ignoring us in the hallway lol

So what if you traded your future (1st) away, it made Senior year worthwhile and changed the entire trajectory of your life. Plus dad went and got the part back anyway.  

Point is. This isnt about being impatient to win now. This is actually playing the long game and investing in next offseason. If Nobody is talking about you, then nobody is thinking of you as a destination. We need hype and buzz going into 2021 offseason so we can spend the money we been saving on the piece we actually want after the 1 yr contracts fall off the books.

You get where Im going with this? Short term flash in the pan. No long term financial commitment. People like what they can see (sales rule) so its easier for a FA like Giannis to imagine himself on our team after seeing the fit PG had with us. This is not about PG or Derozen, its about marketing. Going from the small market team with nice draft picks to the franchise that will compete dollar for dollar with the big boys and not be afraid of losing a draft pick to do so. That's the re branding we need so the top FA's will actually take our money. 

Yeah, yeah, tldr, sue me.

Wanna hear something weird?  A dream acquisition for me is Maxi Kleber.  No way he shakes loose from DAL unless they're just dumb but ... well, that's what I had on my mind for some reason.

Maybe I'll finally put together the 'Ask kg' thread yall have been clamoring for.

Whats that?  Who's been asking for that?

You know, people.  That's who.