• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

Don’t mean to cause a possible argument but those of you who say we shouldn’t do the 1 year rental for PG aren’t looking at the whole picture. 
I know you don’t want to hear it or think about it but it’s a fact that Traes happiness matters. I don’t care what your personal feelings are about catering to players , young players, etc whatever ....this is not just about just the owners being happy but also keeping the franchise’s player happy .

Trae wants to win now bottom line ...Atlanta has too difficult of a time getting special talents like trae until that changes management don’t have a choice but to cater to such talents 

• Moderators

If you are sold on DD, I’d rather sign Derozan for a couple years as a FA than trade for him.  He can opt out and join as an UFA.  If he doesn’t want to be here then you don’t want to trade for him anyway.  

• Like 4

Just now, Peoriabird said:

So why would they trade a wing to target a wing?

Two way wings is what they want. Kevin isn't available. He's someone that they want to develop into doing even more, especially off the ball on offense but what I am saying is, he's the piece that can get them other pieces. 6th overall might not be it for Atlanta. 

• Like 1

I'd do the PG13 trade if, it's just for picks.  

If the Hawks get to the ECF or even finals with Paul, why wouldn't he opt into his last year?  It's really not out of the question for the team to make that type of leap.  Yeah, I'm being a bit of a homer, but look at the roster I'm building below.  You will have to legit stars on the team in TRAETL and PandemicP (Hopefully, Playoff P if he comes to the Hawks.) 

It's really worth the gamble whenever you look at the team as a whole.  

PG - Trae Young, Vet backup or  (Josh Richardson?)

SG - Cam Reddish, Kevin Huerter, (Josh Richardson?), Kyle Korver ( That extra veteran presence that adds some shooting).

SF - Paul George, De'Andre (sp) Hunter, 

PF - John Collins,  (Jerami Grant🤞), SKAL

Center - Client Capela, Dewayne Dedmon, Bruno Fernando

There's a ton of defense on the team above to make up for Trae's short comings on that end.  We'd have one of the better  two-way wing rotations in the league.  I'd even trade for Josh Richardson as a backup point guard or  utility player to help Philly create cap space for whatever they are trying to do. 

The only down side of this. If PG13 opts in, you are essentially out of the Giannis sweepstakes without making trades. 

That team is deep and I haven't really thought about minutes distribution yet. So feel free to 

tenor.gif

Side note: I'm still one of the many customers GA Power hasn't restored power to, thank God for the generator. 

Edited by marco102

As far as trade updates: 

Nothing new to report on MIN/ATL, I'll doubt this will happen unless MIN lower their asking price. 

GS/CHA have had talks. CHA has shown interest in trading up but felt GS request was too high at first. Zeller was a target but CHA felt the price was too steep. They have since countered with 3/Batum/Monk for 2/Wiggins. This one has a real shot of happening.  

CHI and ATL have been in talks again. I doubt this will happen as the Hawks don't want to take on a bad contract. 

That's all I got that's new. Mainly Atlanta talk is basically what I got. 

• Thanks 4

One more piece to add, while the Hawks aren't head over heels on this guy, watch for Saddiq Bey with GS and CLE. Especially GS. There is some talk that he has some Khris Middleton in his game long term but needs a lot more development. He's someone to keep an eye on. GS saw with Paschall that these Nova guys are capable of a lot more and they fit their system as well. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I agree we should keep Trae happy. Do you think he will be happy when PG leaves after 1 season? ECF is a pipe dream, team is too young, Trae is too young to win a round on playoffs. If we are able to do so we are looking at a 5 year champion if we keep the team... is a pipe dream. Most likely scenario, we make the playoffs, get eliminated by 4-2 by Miami, Philadelphia, Boston or Milwaukee, even Toronto. Then PG leaves and you have a worst team next year, contract year for Trae. I think is a bad scenario.

Trae will be happy if we add pieces that are here medium-long term to help the team grow. There will be times to trade for one year rental all stars, we are not there yet.

Yeah I don’t know the answer...all I know is that you can’t rule out anything when you’re the GM. You have to mix business with feelings when dealing with your franchise player you’re trying to build around.  Being an nba gm/front office is tough...lots of different scenarios you can go when you have a team this young with an young emerging star.

im not saying trae will leave Atlanta but I’m not saying he’s going to be overjoyed about being here either long term if we don’t atleast start making the playoffs very soon. Many fans think it’s too early for Trae to have these feelings and I think that’s insane personally. In year 3 as a young Star emerging the way he is you absolutely should be pushing like crazy to get into the playoffs! 

as far as one year rentals go... I think it’s a toss up of happiness and purpose....if we took pg for one year and made the playoffs, I think the hawks could be in a good position and make themselves a good destination to persuade 2021 good free agents to come play with Trae and this young team. On top of that Trae is happy because the team makes the playoffs and that’s the goal this season. Even if PG leaves afterwards we are walking into that off season looking like a young team who’s really on the rise and not a young team who’s still trying to find themselves.

on the flip side if you don’t go all in on the one year rental and you throw out another young team with minor bench upgrades .... That playoffs goal is much harder, Trae morale is probably in the middle not very high or low and when the star isn’t that happy it usually triggers down to the rest of the team. If we somehow make the playoffs with minor upgrades to the team great! If we don’t which is probably more possible depending on how you look at it....the 2021 offseason in my opinion is huge miss. This front office will not get any looks from any good free agents. Resigning Collins to a big deal is harder decision, who knows what trae will do??? He may not care about the money to the point where he signs a long term 5 year deal. If winning is as big of a desire as he has claimed Trae may only extend for 2 more seasons So he can be a unrestricted free agent in the near future.....

going with a one year rental isn’t the only way to a good season of course but my point is a lot can go wrong in my opinion if we can’t get this off season to go right for the most part....doesn’t have to be a perfect offseason but we need some things to work in our favor that’s all.

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Just to be clear, there is a lot of disinformation out there. The LaMelo Ball stock is dropping one is the most rubbish of them all. He just had his first team interview today with MIN and he's not working out for ANY team. 

Also, please do NOT buy that Atlanta is trading our pick to get a vet. Yes, I do think we will do just that but we aren't exactly getting great offers for the pick and even if we move up, I wouldn't exactly call it a lock we will trade the pick we acquired in a later deal. 

There have been pushes within from some players and scouts about Ant, Wiseman, Ball, Deni, Okoro, and Toppin. Do NOT assume we will just trade out is all I am saying. 

Atlanta is looking at a number of moves which I do not know. I was told, they can do a lot of things. They are just working the market. 

I thought about this I wouldn’t be shocked if they traded up and kept the pick if they can’t find the vet in a deal that they want after looking at the whole picture. So many scenarios we can do.

Lamelo Ball and Edwards is intriguing to keep if Atlanta made the deal with Minny for the #1 pick. I wouldn’t call it playoff moves or anything lol but long term moves that could pay off very very well if they kept the pick on a possible trade up.

you stated that some players are pushing within for those top draftees you mentioned ....that’s very interesting as well. Trae is likely apart of that list of players pushing within. I wouldn’t be shocked if Edwards or Ball is on traes personal list of players he’d like to play with. Ball you have a legit playmaker who like trae could be any teams main facilitator and Edwards (in my opinion)...real true 3 way talented scorer that will light up the league one day shall he hit his potential.

i feel for that Edwards kid though as they are already taking him down negative paths with work ethic questioning etc. 

• Like 2

Health.  We hate to think, wouldn't even mention, but, it's there, hiding in the weeds.  While building this Hawk team, please keep in mind, we have no guarantee that Trae will always be healthy and injury free.

It's true.  He's our biggest star.  We must keep him happy.

We would all be shocked if Atlanta traded Trae.  Worse than when our color man, former all star, was sent packing.  Well, he has no guarantee that he will remain 100% healthy.  Hawk basketball, as we know it, depends on the health and happiness of our small, all star PG.

Check us out.  What did we look like when Trae left the field?  Pathetic, wasn't it!  My thoughts:  Expect the best but prepare for the worst.  Hawks have no plans of trading Trae, but a long time injury has the same effect on the team.  Be warned and prepare.

GO ATL HAWKS !!

:smug:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JTB said:

Yeah I don’t know the answer...all I know is that you can’t rule out anything when you’re the GM. You have to mix business with feelings when dealing with your franchise player you’re trying to build around.  Being an nba gm/front office is tough...lots of different scenarios you can go when you have a team this young with an young emerging star.

im not saying trae will leave Atlanta but I’m not saying he’s going to be overjoyed about being here either long term if we don’t atleast start making the playoffs very soon. Many fans think it’s too early for Trae to have these feelings and I think that’s insane personally. In year 3 as a young Star emerging the way he is you absolutely should be pushing like crazy to get into the playoffs! 

as far as one year rentals go... I think it’s a toss up of happiness and purpose....if we took pg for one year and made the playoffs, I think the hawks could be in a good position and make themselves a good destination to persuade 2021 good free agents to come play with Trae and this young team. On top of that Trae is happy because the team makes the playoffs and that’s the goal this season. Even if PG leaves afterwards we are walking into that off season looking like a young team who’s really on the rise and not a young team who’s still trying to find themselves.

on the flip side if you don’t go all in on the one year rental and you throw out another young team with minor bench upgrades .... That playoffs goal is much harder, Trae morale is probably in the middle not very high or low and when the star isn’t that happy it usually triggers down to the rest of the team. If we somehow make the playoffs with minor upgrades to the team great! If we don’t which is probably more possible depending on how you look at it....the 2021 offseason in my opinion is huge miss. This front office will not get any looks from any good free agents. Resigning Collins to a big deal is harder decision, who knows what trae will do??? He may not care about the money to the point where he signs a long term 5 year deal. If winning is as big of a desire as he has claimed Trae may only extend for 2 more seasons So he can be a unrestricted free agent in the near future.....

going with a one year rental isn’t the only way to a good season of course but my point is a lot can go wrong in my opinion if we can’t get this off season to go right for the most part....doesn’t have to be a perfect offseason but we need some things to work in our favor that’s all.

The biggest issue is just that, the players available on the market. Atlanta ability to overpay next year but decline in money is what makes them an attractive offer. 

We have interest also in KCP but not as much as your lead to believe. Atlanta isn't trying to overpay him badly. Also, Atlanta is looking to take some core pieces for cap space but finding that to be harder than expected. Teams would rather move 2nd rounders or future 2nds rather than trade a core piece to their squad. Gone are the days teams are willing to trade Kyle Korver for cap space at least this year. Maybe in the next offseason teams will be more open to it. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, NBASupes said:

One more piece to add, while the Hawks aren't head over heels on this guy, watch for Saddiq Bey with GS and CLE. Especially GS. There is some talk that he has some Khris Middleton in his game long term but needs a lot more development. He's someone to keep an eye on. GS saw with Paschall that these Nova guys are capable of a lot more and they fit their system as well. 

Do hawks have any interest in Bey? I think he can be one of the best 2 way players in the draft.