• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The biggest issue is just that, the players available on the market. Atlanta ability to overpay next year but decline in money is what makes them an attractive offer. 

We have interest also in KCP but not as much as your lead to believe. Atlanta isn't trying to overpay him badly. Also, Atlanta is looking to take some core pieces for cap space but finding that to be harder than expected. Teams would rather move 2nd rounders or future 2nds rather than trade a core piece to their squad. Gone are the days teams are willing to trade Kyle Korver for cap space at least this year. Maybe in the next offseason teams will be more open to it. 

KCP is going to workouts with LeBron and AD. They are probably going to try to keep him in LA.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DS5 said:

Do hawks have any interest in Bey? I think he can be one of the best 2 way players in the draft. 

Not that I am aware of. He has along way to go before his two way status. He's exclusively seen as 3&D big wing but that appeals to Golden State. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, gurpilo said:

I agree we should keep Trae happy. Do you think he will be happy when PG leaves after 1 season? ECF is a pipe dream, team is too young, Trae is too young to win a round on playoffs. If we are able to do so we are looking at a 5 year champion if we keep the team... is a pipe dream. Most likely scenario, we make the playoffs, get eliminated by 4-2 by Miami, Philadelphia, Boston or Milwaukee, even Toronto. Then PG leaves and you have a worst team next year, contract year for Trae. I think is a bad scenario.

Trae will be happy if we add pieces that are here medium-long term to help the team grow. There will be times to trade for one year rental all stars, we are not there yet.

Agreed.  I have been advocating for keeping Trae happy since he broke out in his rookie season, but a PG rental isn't the way.  That team's ceiling is a tough fought 1st round and he's gone.  Rolling the dice doesn't always mean going all in with big, risky moves...sometimes it means taking a chance with what you have.  If we can't get a young(ish) cornerstone piece in a blockbuster, then I'm not interested in mortgaging the farm for a rental.  Especially not a post-peak rental.

I'd rather keep the pick, BPA it, and put short-term money on surrounding these young guns with quality veteran assistance.  I would say that I'm ok with moving up, but this is a draft where talent is going to get overlooked due to unprecedented circumstance.  I think we're actually sitting in the sweet spot.  There's a huge chunk players that could really help us at #6 and I'd even be ok trading down.  There's some big time talent floating in middle of the 1st (my current obsession being Aaron Nesmith).

• Like 3

5 hours ago, JTB said:

I thought about this I wouldn’t be shocked if they traded up and kept the pick if they can’t find the vet in a deal that they want after looking at the whole picture. So many scenarios we can do.

Lamelo Ball and Edwards is intriguing to keep if Atlanta made the deal with Minny for the #1 pick. I wouldn’t call it playoff moves or anything lol but long term moves that could pay off very very well if they kept the pick on a possible trade up.

you stated that some players are pushing within for those top draftees you mentioned ....that’s very interesting as well. Trae is likely apart of that list of players pushing within. I wouldn’t be shocked if Edwards or Ball is on traes personal list of players he’d like to play with. Ball you have a legit playmaker who like trae could be any teams main facilitator and Edwards (in my opinion)...real true 3 way talented scorer that will light up the league one day shall he hit his potential.

i feel for that Edwards kid though as they are already taking him down negative paths with work ethic questioning etc. 

Both Trae and Quavo were at Edwards workout. I think they for sure want to see him in Atlanta.

Could just be coach speak but Crean and Bilas really praised his work ethic and IQ during the workout commentary.

I dont trust all the negative intel coming out on him. I think its planted. 

• Like 2

Two things I keep mentioning. 

San Antonio and Al Horford interest is real. They want him and they want someone who can run their system somewhat like TD used to do. Especially since its seen that DeRozan will opt out. This can open up PHI to expirings in LMA and Mills who could interest OKC for CP3 plus their draft assets that they have a lot of.

Remember when I said MIL is out on CP3 due to the cost and value, well, they are back at it after their original wants have failed (Jrue, Zo Ball, etc). The biggest thing they have in their vantage is CP3 wants to go to Milwaukee more than Philadelphia and hiring Morey did not help Philly's case either. Obviously, Philly is more appealing to OKC than Milwaukee due to their overall willing draft assets and pieces but this is CP3 decision. This isn't 2k.  

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Both Trae and Quavo were at Edwards workout. I think they for sure want to see him in Atlanta.

Could just be coach speak but Crean and Bilas really praised his work ethic and IQ during the workout commentary.

I dont trust all the negative intel coming out on him. I think its planted. 

Concerns about his personality are way overblown. He's a great teammate. The biggest questions are efficiency and BBIQ. I wouldn't trade up for him because that never comes cheap, but Id take him at #6 all day.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Two things I keep mentioning. 

San Antonio and Al Horford interest is real. They want him and they want someone who can run their system somewhat like TD used to do. Especially since its seen that DeRozan will opt out. This can open up PHI to expirings in LMA and Mills who could interest OKC for CP3 plus their draft assets that they have a lot of.

Remember when I said MIL is out on CP3 due to the cost and value, well, they are back at it after their original wants have failed (Jrue, Zo Ball, etc). The biggest thing they have in their vantage is CP3 wants to go to Milwaukee more than Philadelphia and hiring Morey did not help Philly's case either. Obviously, Philly is more appealing to OKC than Milwaukee due to their overall willing draft assets and pieces but this is CP3 decision. This isn't 2k.  

I get that it's CP3's decision, but why wouldn't OKC trade him to the team that is offering them the most value in return? I understand they want to send him where he wants to go since he was exceptional for them last year, but he doesn't have the leverage, as far as I know CP3 doesn't have a no trade clause and he's pretty much locked in for 2 years, he's not declining $44 million in 2021/22.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Concerns about his personality are way overblown. He's a great teammate. The biggest questions are efficiency and BBIQ. I wouldn't trade up for him because that never comes cheap, but Id take him at #6 all day.

I'm on board with this. I don't want to trade assets for him, but if Edwards/Wiseman/Ball are available at 6 you draft them based on potential. If Okoro is who is there at 6 then you take him because what he provides is well known.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I'm on board with this. I don't want to trade assets for him, but if Edwards/Wiseman/Ball are available at 6 you draft them based on potential. If Okoro is who is there at 6 then you take him because what he provides is well known.

Cleveland is the wildcard, Chicago been talking to Atlanta. I have the feeling they think what they want, they can get at #4 unless someone falls which seems unlikely. Ant, Ball, and Wiseman seem like a top 3 lock. Cleveland likes everyone. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Cleveland is the wildcard, Chicago been talking to Atlanta. I have the feeling they think what they want, they can get at #4 unless someone falls which seems unlikely. Ant, Ball, and Wiseman seem like a top 3 lock. Cleveland likes everyone. 

Cleveland needs bodies...lots of them. Everything is a potential upgrade. The Drummond situation could put them in a need situation for a center.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Cleveland needs bodies...lots of them. Everything is a potential upgrade. The Drummond situation could put them in a need situation for a center.

They will work out a deal for Drummond I believe. They have bigs: Thompson, Love, Nance Jr. The wings is where they are lacking. 

26 minutes ago, thecampster said:

There are probably 8-10 players i would take before Okoro. If we draft him at 6, I'd be disappointed to say the least. 

I'd love to be wrong about him. It certainly wouldn't be the first or last time I'm wrong.

34 minutes ago, Wretch said:

Full disclaimer time...

And I can't believe I'm saying this but...I really like Lamelo Ball.  🤦🏾‍♂️ I'm having a really hard time getting the idea of a Young/Ball backcourt out of my head.  The idea of those two zipping passes all over the court and to each other...and both being able command the PG position just excites me.  I'd be inclined to trade up for him.....BUT I have big questions about Ball's ability to play SG and how effective Trae is moving without the ball in his hands (ie - Rip Hamilton/Reggie Miller style).  No way he falls to #6, but lord if he did...I'd snatch him up with ZERO hesitation.

But LAAAAAWD HAB MURCY...everytime I think about Melo, I see this...

Reveal hidden contents

Lavar Ball Triple Bs GIF by Ball in the Family - Find & Share on GIPHY

He can't shoot, so how is he going to play off the ball with Trae? He can spell Trae and run the second unit all day though. If he's there at 6 and it's BPA then I'm on board. OKC used a multi guard offense with CP3, SGA and Dennis this past season with success. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Wretch said:

Full disclaimer time...

And I can't believe I'm saying this but...I really like Lamelo Ball.  🤦🏾‍♂️ I'm having a really hard time getting the idea of a Young/Ball backcourt out of my head.  The idea of those two zipping passes all over the court and to each other...and both being able command the PG position just excites me.  I'd be inclined to trade up for him.....BUT I have big questions about Ball's ability to play SG and how effective Trae is moving without the ball in his hands (ie - Rip Hamilton/Reggie Miller style).  No way he falls to #6, but lord if he did...I'd snatch him up with ZERO hesitation.

But LAAAAAWD HAB MURCY...everytime I think about Melo, I see this...

Hide contents

Lavar Ball Triple Bs GIF by Ball in the Family - Find & Share on GIPHY

Thats the face I make whenever someone brings up the idea of us trading out of this draft.

But, if you like Ball, just take Haliburton at 6.  All the benefits, none of the strings attached.  And ball can't shoot.  Both have similar other weaknesses tho, imho.

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

He can't shoot, so how is he going to play off the ball with Trae? He can spell Trae and run the second unit all day though. If he's there at 6 and it's BPA then I'm on board. OKC used a multi guard offense with CP3, SGA and Dennis this past season with success. 

Yup. That's my hangup.  I think he's going to develop into a better shooter, at least for spot ups where his shot looks pretty clean.  Not amazing, but serviceable and probably dependable with coaching, practice, and getting into his spots.  I've no questions about his dribble penetration.  He's got a scorer's potential there for sure which is good, and playing next to Trae would alleviate pressure on him...but it's his court vision and size have me intrigued. I've really tried not to like him, but the combination of size, speed, court vision has me ALMOST sold.

As a PG, it's not even a question...but can he develop into a reliable off guard?  Does he have that potential?  Ehhhh.  Like I said, if I were more convinced, I'd be inclined to trade up.  Certainly I would take him if were up a few spots.  It'd be a hard choice for me over Ant-Man, but ultimately, I don't think I could justify it.   

19 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Thats the face I make whenever someone brings up the idea of us trading out of this draft.

But, if you like Ball, just take Haliburton at 6.  All the benefits, none of the strings attached.  And ball can't shoot.  Both have similar other weaknesses tho, imho.

Well...for one, I like Ball's size and I think his court vision is a difference maker.  Before Haliburton, I'd sooner take the Frenchie, who I'm very high on.  For where we are, I like Vassell and Okoro (DEE-FANSE!) over Haliburton.

• Premium Member

TBH, I REALLY like a lot of guys all the way to 10.  After Hayes, it's hard for me to put any of those guys in any sort of order of preference.  If we didn't have JC, I'd be higher on Toppin - whom I know a lot of ya'll are sour on. 

Bottom line though, I'd take Ball if he was there and I'd trade up if I were more convinced of his off-guard potential.