• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

25 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Can we just sign Dion Waiters so y'all can have your fix of a bad basketball playing guard without having to give up assets to move up in the draft?

I cant see it happening  myself..

26 minutes ago, kg01 said:

If the kid had gone to Ole Miss or some other such place, literally no one here would be clamoring for him.  It's weird.

But it's not like UGA is some great program that's driving his stock up with the rest of the pundits across the nation who see him going 1 or 2.

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

In the Trae/Luka trade to move two spots the cost was a lightly protected 1st. That's probably going to be minimum cost to move up, likely more though. I dont see it happening. It would be very bold.

No way it would cost more in this draft i don't think.   Minny and GS are practically begging to trade down.  

26 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

But it's not like UGA is some great program that's driving his stock up with the rest of the pundits across the nation who see him going 1 or 2.

Hey, if I'm wrong I'll eat my hat.  But I think this kid's gonna mirror mario hezonja's career(sic).

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Hey, if I'm wrong I'll eat my hat.  But I think this kid's gonna mirror mario hezonja's career(sic).

I’d be shocked. Wouldn’t be suprised if Edwards averaged more next year as a rookie than Henzoja does his whole career. 

Edited by GThawks3
  • Like 2

It's less about him going to UGA. You can tell that by the fact there is National Recognition of him being consistently mentioned as the top 1 or 2 best players in this class.

Its about the fact that he was a prep school standout and rated the best player in the country. Warranted or not, this kid has had cameras around him for quite a while now. He didn't come out of nowhere at UGA.

I think most people here want him, Ball, or Toppin, for many of the same reasons. There is more hype and star buzz surrounding them. Talent, flaws, measurables, etc.... are debatable among each, but the potential for rockstar status is what sets them apart and makes them appealing enough to move up.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

GS hasn't really showed their hand. They like so many guys but aren't in love with ANY. They been calling Atlanta about Kevin and Atlanta been saying hell no. Chicago and Atlanta have come closer but Atlanta doesn't want to eat money from a bad contract. Atlanta offered to take 4/OPJ for 6 but was declined. 

Glad we offered! At least he's trying to win trades. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I still haven't gotten a lot of the confirmations I need so I will wait to drop it. 

But my guy is hearing similar to the insider on Reddit. People in the org are pushing for the Hawks to move up and use Kevin who our Basketball people highly covet as does Golden State as you could imagine in trade. Even Charlotte is intrigued by Kevin. I wouldn't do it personally speaking. Edwards doesn't fit Trae as much as he thinks but something agents and making your stars happy is important even when a potential move up using Kevin is stupid as shit and will backfire immediately. 

While he didn't get the player we are targeting, I did get the same detail from others that it's Edwards and that he wants to be in Atlanta the most and it's not like teams are dying to have him. Charlotte, not really. MIN, not really. GS, is fake hyping him, they are dying to get him either. It's not like Chicago is dying to have him but everyone sees the talent but it's the other things. Honestly, I think it's a step back for Atlanta if they do it. I still don't believe they will but you know, the owner can step-in. The bottom-line is Ant is extremely talented. You can have a Dion Waiters Jr. view of him or you can see him as the next Harden. The crazy thing is, you really can't say, it's inbetween. All of the top 3 is polarizing. All of them but Edwards has the most questions as he's just not their mentally from a Basketball perspective on film. Everyone else seems to get it, he doesn't yet. As a guard with the ball in his hands as much as Edwards. The fear is, what if he's just a Zach LaVine type. There is serious questions about him more than Ball and Wiseman to the scouts, including ours. But there are people in our org who love him and he's highly liked by some of our players within. I personally think he needs a lot of work. He's not as easy a fix as people think. 

Free Agent stuff is really confidential at this time. 

Draft wise, I got some stuff but it's not much. 

MIN wants out of 1st but would take Ball if they had to but they will rather move down. They are hoping Charlotte will trade up. 

GS hasn't really showed their hand. They like so many guys but aren't in love with ANY. They been calling Atlanta about Kevin and Atlanta been saying hell no. Chicago and Atlanta have come closer but Atlanta doesn't want to eat money from a bad contract. Atlanta offered to take 4/OPJ for 6 but was declined. 

CHA wants Wiseman but are willing to move down if the price is right. 

Chicago is looking to move down. I am told they really like the PG market and Deni A. 

Cleveland is looking to move down if the price is right. 

So many teams are looking to move down, it's insane. A lot of teams see this draft as well balanced. What you can get a 3, you can get at 10. That's why moving back is everyone's wish. 

This isn't a weak draft, it's just not a top heavy draft. It's balanced as far as the lottery goes unlike previous years. 

I didnt want us to trade up last year, and I dont want us to trade up this year..Stay put Schlenk..A nice player will be there at 6..

Edited by terrell
  • Thanks 1

I'll say this, I'm fine with the team trading up for Edwards, not fine giving up Kevin.  I'd be pretty upset with that.  Give GS a future asset, but don't trade my red velvet!

I'm more of a fan of staying at 6 and taking Hayes.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I still haven't gotten a lot of the confirmations I need so I will wait to drop it. 

But my guy is hearing similar to the insider on Reddit. People in the org are pushing for the Hawks to move up and use Kevin who our Basketball people highly covet as does Golden State as you could imagine in trade. Even Charlotte is intrigued by Kevin. I wouldn't do it personally speaking. Edwards doesn't fit Trae as much as he thinks but something agents and making your stars happy is important even when a potential move up using Kevin is stupid as shit and will backfire immediately. 

While he didn't get the player we are targeting, I did get the same detail from others that it's Edwards and that he wants to be in Atlanta the most and it's not like teams are dying to have him. Charlotte, not really. MIN, not really. GS, is fake hyping him, they are dying to get him either. It's not like Chicago is dying to have him but everyone sees the talent but it's the other things. Honestly, I think it's a step back for Atlanta if they do it. I still don't believe they will but you know, the owner can step-in. The bottom-line is Ant is extremely talented. You can have a Dion Waiters Jr. view of him or you can see him as the next Harden. The crazy thing is, you really can't say, it's inbetween. All of the top 3 is polarizing. All of them but Edwards has the most questions as he's just not their mentally from a Basketball perspective on film. Everyone else seems to get it, he doesn't yet. As a guard with the ball in his hands as much as Edwards. The fear is, what if he's just a Zach LaVine type. There is serious questions about him more than Ball and Wiseman to the scouts, including ours. But there are people in our org who love him and he's highly liked by some of our players within. I personally think he needs a lot of work. He's not as easy a fix as people think. 

Free Agent stuff is really confidential at this time. 

Draft wise, I got some stuff but it's not much. 

MIN wants out of 1st but would take Ball if they had to but they will rather move down. They are hoping Charlotte will trade up. 

CHA wants Wiseman but are willing to move down if the price is right. 

Chicago is looking to move down. I am told they really like the PG market and Deni A. 

Cleveland is looking to move down if the price is right. 

So many teams are looking to move down, it's insane. A lot of teams see this draft as well balanced. What you can get a 3, you can get at 10. That's why moving back is everyone's wish. 

This isn't a weak draft, it's just not a top heavy draft. It's balanced as far as the lottery goes unlike previous years. 

So Kevin and #6 for #2? Great move FOR GS........

5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I'll say this, I'm fine with the team trading up for Edwards, not fine giving up Kevin.  I'd be pretty upset with that.  Give GS a future asset, but don't trade my red velvet!

I'm more of a fan of staying at 6 and taking Hayes.

I doubt GS does it for just a future asset.

I said it once and I will say it again....Edwards has some real high two way potential threat in the long run. Watching this kid you can see the potential  3 way scoring threat  that could certainly make him elite and his defensive potential is up there as well.

I don’t see Dion Waiters, Dion never had that kind of scoring potential at all three levels to me but if Edwards flops I guess that’s the best comparison.

Can Edwards help this Atlanta team win now??? ....anything is possible but likely No of course he can’t, he MAY be able to contribute and give us a little something off the bench for sure ......but if we traded Huerter away for Edwards it would be a long term move not a “right now let’s do this to get to the playoffs move”

Huerter is a way better shooter than Edwards thats no question but huerter in my opinion doesn’t seem like he will be much more than a good shooter, decent passer, great effort type player whereas with Edwards there’s some elite traits he can get to on both ends by the time he gets to year 3.

i would make the trade to get Edwards only off of higher potential. It is what it is....if the kid (Edwards) turns out to be the next wade paired by the kid who looks to be the next Steve nash but with scoring ability (Trae), paired by the kid who could be the next Paul George (Cam)....I’m sorry but I’m not worried about fit lol ....you get that kind of high ceiling potential and let it play itself  out.

Outside of  possibly Toppin there’s not really any rookies or 1-3 years players available in free agency that’s going to help us win games . If we are going to the playoffs next year it’s because we are going to win in free agency or trades involving vets so making that decision to include huerter isn’t a break for me. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Especially for an Owner, stars sell tickets, hype creates demand. At the top of the draft, that's usually what people hope to find from a top of the lotto pick.

Yea, drafting guys because of their "marketability" is a fools errand. Luka was said to be an unmarketable Euro. Lonzo Ball was supposedly a rock star, until he was unceremoniously traded away a couple years later. The only thing that makes you ultimately marketable is being good. I have full faith in Schlenk that his decisions are strictly basketball.

• Like 1