• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Atlanta isn't open to trading 2021 1st and a protected 2022 1st might as well be a mid 1st. I personally think we will stick at #6 and if we trade up, it will be with Chicago at 4 where the cost is a lot more reasonable and CHI is a willing partner. Once I get confirmation, I will address free agency. What's hurting things is this CBA discussions atm. 

@NBASupes, I need these updates at midday and not midnight.  It's well past my bedtime.😄

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, JTB said:

I said it once and I will say it again....Edwards has some real high two way potential threat in the long run. Watching this kid you can see the potential  3 way scoring threat  that could certainly make him elite and his defensive potential is up there as well.

I don’t see Dion Waiters, Dion never had that kind of scoring potential at all three levels to me but if Edwards flops I guess that’s the best comparison.

Can Edwards help this Atlanta team win now??? ....anything is possible but likely No of course he can’t, he MAY be able to contribute and give us a little something off the bench for sure ......but if we traded Huerter away for Edwards it would be a long term move not a “right now let’s do this to get to the playoffs move”

Huerter is a way better shooter than Edwards thats no question but huerter in my opinion doesn’t seem like he will be much more than a good shooter, decent passer, great effort type player whereas with Edwards there’s some elite traits he can get to on both ends by the time he gets to year 3.

i would make the trade to get Edwards only off of higher potential. It is what it is....if the kid (Edwards) turns out to be the next wade paired by the kid who looks to be the next Steve nash but with scoring ability (Trae), paired by the kid who could be the next Paul George (Cam)....I’m sorry but I’m not worried about fit lol ....you get that kind of high ceiling potential and let it play itself  out.

Outside of  possibly Toppin there’s not really any rookies or 1-3 years players available in free agency that’s going to help us win games . If we are going to the playoffs next year it’s because we are going to win in free agency or trades involving vets so making that decision to include huerter isn’t a break for me. 

It's all about the cost for me. If we trade up for antman it has to be because the pick is on sale. If we are paying the MSRP so to speak, I'd rather stay at #6. Also, trading the pick for a rental is a hard pass for me.

8 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Yea, drafting guys because of their "marketability" is a fools errand. Luka was said to be an unmarketable Euro. Lonzo Ball was supposedly a rock star, until he was unceremoniously traded away a couple years later. The only thing that makes you ultimately marketable is being good. I have full faith in Schlenk that his decisions are strictly basketball.

Its how owners think. Like it or not.

12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Atlanta isn't open to trading 2021 1st and a protected 2022 1st might as well be a mid 1st. I personally think we will stick at #6 and if we trade up, it will be with Chicago at 4 where the cost is a lot more reasonable and CHI is a willing partner. Once I get confirmation, I will address free agency. What's hurting things is this CBA discussions atm. 

Who would we target at 4? You think Edwards drops that far? 

Lamelo/Deni/Wiseman top 3 possibly?

Edited by terrell

2 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Its how owners think. Like it or not.

If you think a guy is a star go ahead and get him. Just don't assume so because of pre draft hype or "marketability", that's all I'm saying. Base it on concrete scouting and projections, rooted in basketball ability that translates to winning at an NBA level.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

If you think a guy is a star go ahead and get him. Just don't assume so because of pre draft hype or "marketability", that's all I'm saying. Base it on concrete scouting and projections, rooted in basketball ability that translates to winning at an NBA level.

I think the only reason Edwards isn’t the sure number 1 pick is because of these  scouts who are older just not understanding this new generations mindset and attitude.

Everything I read that’s bad about edwards is more so based on how his personality is and do he really love basketball? Is he really a hard worker ?...If scouts don’t hear certain words they take the mindset that he isn’t a hardworker and he’s not in love with the sport of basketball, etc.

These things must change as scouts prepare for other drafts in the future  because these young guys coming into the league have completely different backgrounds.

These guys have grown up in social media era and I think that’s a huge difference in itself. Judging these players love for basketball based on their personality and replies to questions asked just doesn’t get it done like it use to anymore as crazy as that may sound.

Not many of these kids today know how to express themselves in my opinion and that is the only reason a player like Reddish fell in the draft. Edwards will potential fall the same way. It’s not a good enough reason today to pass up on talents like this.

harder to judge love and passion with the youth....at least to me.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JTB said:

I think the only reason Edwards isn’t the sure number 1 pick is because of these  scouts who are older just not understanding this new generations mindset and attitude.

Everything I read that’s bad about edwards is more so based on how his personality is and do he really love basketball? Is he really a hard worker ?...If scouts don’t hear certain words they take the mindset that he isn’t a hardworker and he’s not in love with the sport of basketball, etc.

These things must change as scouts prepare for other drafts in the future  because these young guys coming into the league have completely different backgrounds.

These guys have grown up in social media era and I think that’s a huge difference in itself. Judging these players love for basketball based on their personality and replies to questions asked just doesn’t get it done like it use to anymore as crazy as that may sound.

Not many of these kids today know how to express themselves in my opinion and that is the only reason a player like Reddish fell in the draft. Edwards will potential fall the same way. It’s not a good enough reason today to pass up on talents like this.

harder to judge love and passion with the youth....at least to me.

Reddish fell because he had a poor rookie year. Antman is going top three, but questions about him are fair. That's part of the process. Lamelo has personality questions as well. When you're the guy that has to cut the check for millions of dollars, you want to know for damn sure this person will give their all, and that effort and character won't be a concern.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Reddish fell because he had a poor rookie year. Antman is going top three, but questions about him are fair. That's part of the process. Lamelo has personality questions as well. When you're the guy that has to cut the check for millions of dollars, you want to know for damn sure this person will give their all, and that effort and character won't be a concern.

I understand your point but it’s still too hard to judge in my opinion. That’s a lot of talent you’re passing up because of unsure character concerns. 

Jimmy Butler is a great example. Always been known as a hard worker but horrible locker room player until now. The young guys in Minny didn’t like him, Philly didn’t like him, bulls young guys didn’t like him but the young guys in Miami love him. He didn’t change he found a group he could mesh with.

personalities, character, etc....It’s too hard to judge. You can judge effort somewhat based on film but emotions deliver different forms of effort. 

Going back the original topic of tonight....I would give up the sixth pick plus huerter to draft Edwards in a heartbeat. It’s a no brainer to me.

32 minutes ago, terrell said:

So why trade up to 4?

Toppin

7 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Many scouts, talking heads, etc... questioned Cam's love of the game. Saying he had red flags for checking himself out of games. Accusing him of faking an injury at Duke.

His point is valid in that scouts need to dig a little deeper than their traditional metrics in evaluating prospects intangibles. Hawks did their homework on Cam and got an absolute steal.

I don't know enough about the kid but I know plenty of cats from Atlanta that should have made it pro but didn't have it together between the ears. Anthony Edwards seems like a good kid who made the most of his circumstances. That takes immense heart and discipline that goes beyond the lines on the court.

Listen to how his HS coach talks about him at 1:50

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Many scouts, talking heads, etc... questioned Cam's love of the game. Saying he had red flags for checking himself out of games. Accusing him of faking an injury at Duke.

His point is valid in that scouts need to dig a little deeper than their traditional metrics in evaluating prospects intangibles. Hawks did their homework on Cam and got an absolute steal.

I don't know enough about the kid but I know plenty of cats from Atlanta that should have made it pro but didn't have it together between the ears. Anthony Edwards seems like a good kid who made the most of his circumstances. That takes immense heart and discipline that goes beyond the lines on the court.

Listen to how his HS coach talks about him at 1:50

Are teams not supposed to have questions or concerns about prospects? You have to draft someone. Personality is important, but at the end of the day, it's about basketball ability. I have no concerns with antman's personality, but I do worry how his game will translate to winning in the NBA.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Are teams not supposed to have questions or concerns about prospects? You have to draft someone. Personality is important, but at the end of the day, it's about basketball ability. I have no concerns with antman's personality, but I do worry how his game will translate to winning in the NBA.

I share the same feelings. No doubt Ant is a tremendous talent but what's his real ceiling is the question. He was less productive as a college player than many busts before him but his tools and talent is so insane. It's like DeAndre Jordan, he can't bust even though all signs point to it. Still, it's not like Jordan is the mark of a contender. At the SG, there is a winning element which Ant shows none of at any level.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I still haven't gotten a lot of the confirmations I need so I will wait to drop it. 

But my guy is hearing similar to the insider on Reddit. People in the org are pushing for the Hawks to move up and use Kevin who our Basketball people highly covet as does Golden State as you could imagine in trade. Even Charlotte is intrigued by Kevin.

So the Hawks are now moving up to #1 to keep the draft pick vs trading it for say PG?

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

GS hasn't really showed their hand. They like so many guys but aren't in love with ANY. They been calling Atlanta about Kevin and Atlanta been saying hell no

So what would Atlanta offer for #2? #6 and what else if they don't want to include Huerter or the 2021 1st?

23 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

If we're discussing the trade up to #1 or #2 - does #6 + the OKC first get it done? Or do you have to include a player asset such as Kev?

OKC 1st works to move up to #4, or #5, not 1-3. You need a heavy hitter aka Kev.

• Thanks 1