• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

• Premium Member
Just now, bleachkit said:

I dont think this is happening. Trae and JC are such a good pair, breaking them up is a huge risk. And It cant be about money because Simmons has a max deal. 

Neither do I.   I tried browsing thru older pages to see all the stuff Supes mentioned but it's a lot, I gave up 😀

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

From a basketball standpoint, it makes 0 sense to me for us to turn John Collins into Ben Simmons. Like none. Trae is ball dominant. Simmons spent 93% of his time at Point Guard last season. Where are you putting Ben when Trae is iso-ing top of the key? You bringing him up to pick and roll? JC already does that better and can actually step back and hit a 3 point shot. We're going to roll with Cap and Ben late in a game when neither can shoot a FT? 

I'm not buying this at all. But maybe I just don't watch enough 76ers basketball and am missing something. Flame away if I am lol

You're right of course. Simmons is not a good for every team, Trae is not a good for every team, and they are certainly not a good fit with each other.

12 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I dont think this is happening. Trae and JC are such a good pair, breaking them up is a huge risk. And It cant be about money because Simmons has a max deal. 

And that is the confusing part, Trae and JC is a good young pair together and I dont see Trae signing off on this at all.  I am throwing up the BS flag on this.

• Premium Member
Just now, warcore said:

@JayBirdHawk

I don't think it's necessarily true that if #1 happens, #2 is off the table. He didn't mention Huerter is involved in the 3 team trade, but it is possible. The only fact is that if #2 happens, #3 doesn't happen and vice versa. I believe #1 and #2 can both happen. 

No, Supes already said that if the mega deal happens the Hayward FA signing would be off, too much money coming in in the mega trade.  I'm assuming in the mega trade the #6 pick would be in play, but now that I think about it, Supes did say that no picks were involved in the Dipo/Dedmon deal....mmmmmmmm

I'm going around in circles. I'm done for the night.

tenor.gif?itemid=13905244

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I am confused. Here it is: 

Washington has made an offer to Atlanta for the #6 overall pick: Troy Brown Jr., #9, #37 for 6 

The idea is that Okongwu is the target. 

Atlanta is not the only team that received that offer but they are the one that actually liked it. Cleveland locked in their guys and Chicago wants salary relief which Washington can't provide. That doesn't mean we will do it. Just putting it out there. 

Cant Troy Brown play some pg? I know he played it in highschool..Pretty good facilitator...

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, thecampster said:

Atlanta will come out of this offseason with 2 more vets, 2 less players on rookie contracts than in the last 2 years if everything plays out as its been released. I have not been given the all clear to discuss what I've been told and mainly because its not "done".  What I can say is there is a good bit of synergy in what Supes and I have both heard in the last month. More than in years past. We are not 100% in agreement but a good bit of what he's saying I've heard is on the table.

I fully expect that a few teams will try to break up that 3 team deal before the dealing period goes live. It could morph to a 4 team or 2 and there are 2 teams who would really like to wait until draft night to pull any trigger.  The top 3 is by no means set in this draft...There are no less than 8 players who could go in the top 3 and it depends on trades as much as anything.

Add this from campster to the puzzle as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JTB said:

So let me see if I can make sense of this ...Simmons comes here for JC and Simmons is the hawks new PF. We also take Horford to help Philly free up cap space...Collins goes to Philly as a starting PF who can spread the floor next to Embiid and fit better overall with Embiid oppose to Simmons fit.

then with that freed up cap for Philly, they go out and trade for CP3 with okc.

I don’t even know if any of this is possible cap wise but hell I’m just trying to make sense of it.

Simmons and Capela together? lol. Capela needs to play with a stretch 4.

10 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

We have one, a very good one in John Collins. He hit 100 strait free throws in practice. Even Kev and Trae couldn't do that. The guy is a freak of nature.

Thats what Im saying. Colllins is a better fit than Simmons..And I dont even consider Collins as a stretch 4. Hes more of a rim runner who can shoot. lol. One of the best at pick and roll actually..

Edited by terrell

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Thats what Im saying. Colllins is a better fit than Simmons..And I dont even consider Collins as a stretch 4. Hes more of a rim runner who can shoot. lol. One of the best at pick and roll actually..

Yeah I was just guessing trying to make sense of the possible mega trade. Hopefully we get more details soon.

3 minutes ago, terrell said:

How many bouncy rim running 4's can shoot the rock like JC? Not many, the man is special.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No, Supes already said that if the mega deal happens the Hayward FA signing would be off, too much money coming in in the mega trade.  I'm assuming in the mega trade the #6 pick would be in play, but now that I think about it, Supes did say that no picks were involved in the Dipo/Dedmon deal....mmmmmmmm

I'm going around in circles. I'm done for the night.

tenor.gif?itemid=13905244

Yeah that would mean the player we’d get back has a pretty big contract if we can’t go after Gordon...then again it could mean more then one player coming back that equals a large contract 🤷🏾‍♂️