• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Out all the three options. I'm way more signing Heyward and staying put at 6.  Leaves us with tons of cap space to sign another vet and we keep the draft pick.

Yea the blockbuster trade is giving me pause. Unless the trade is a clear win, I'd rather build from within,  plus make smart Danny Ferry style free agent signings, . 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Yea the blockbuster trade is giving me pause. Unless the trade is a clear win, I'd rather build from within,  plus make smart Danny Ferry style free agent signings, . 

It depends for me on who we get back in the blockbuster trade if we are indeed including a talent like Collins.

if it’s Simmons I’m ok with that but not with capela unless he’s traded as well or Simmons starts to atleast shoot mid ranges. I wouldn’t be all too worried about how Trae and Simmons fits as Trae is already being forced to moved off ball more and it’s been said by Schlenk and LP multiple times. Either way it goes the goal is for Trae to not have the ball his hands nearly as much as he did years 1 & 2. With that said Simmons is a pretty good off ball cutter to the goal , he’s not on Collins level as far as setting screens and freeing himself up by either rolls to the basket or popping out for the shot but Simmons atleast knows how to read the floor well even without the ball in his hands . The added value Simmons brings that Collins isn’t touching would be Simmons superb playmaking and playmaking can go along way if the right skills are assembled around it.

if you put shooters (3&D talent) around trae and Simmons that is a disaster for teams no doubt. 

on the flip side let’s say the blockbuster trade is Collins being involved to get back Malcolm Brogdon to the hawks. As much as I like brogdon and a huge fan of his game when he’s healthy that wouldn’t be a good trade at all in my opinion as our big man depth would be depleted and we should not at all be interested in giving up big man depth even in this small ball era.

3 minutes ago, JTB said:

It depends for me on who we get back in the blockbuster trade if we are indeed including a talent like Collins.

if it’s Simmons I’m ok with that but not with capela unless he’s traded as well or Simmons starts to atleast shoot mid ranges. I wouldn’t be all too worried about how Trae and Simmons fits as Trae is already being forced to moved off ball more and it’s been said by Schlenk and LP multiple times. Either way it goes the goal is for Trae to not have the ball his hands nearly as much as he did years 1 & 2. With that said Simmons is a pretty good off ball cutter to the goal , he’s not on Collins level as far as setting screens and freeing himself up by either rolls to the basket or popping out for the shot but Simmons atleast knows how to read the floor well even without the ball in his hands . The added value Simmons brings that Collins isn’t touching would be Simmons superb playmaking and playmaking can go along way if the right skills are assembled around it.

if you put shooters (3&D talent) around trae and Simmons that is a disaster for teams no doubt. 

on the flip side let’s say the blockbuster trade is Collins being involved to get back Malcolm Brogdon to the hawks. As much as I like brogdon and a huge fan of his game when he’s healthy that wouldn’t be a good trade at all in my opinion as our big man depth would be depleted and we should not at all be interested in giving up big man depth even in this small ball era.

No way it's Collins for Brogdon. Sabonas and Brogdon, now you're talking.

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No, Supes already said that if the mega deal happens the Hayward FA signing would be off, too much money coming in in the mega trade.  I'm assuming in the mega trade the #6 pick would be in play, but now that I think about it, Supes did say that no picks were involved in the Dipo/Dedmon deal....mmmmmmmm

I'm going around in circles. I'm done for the night.

tenor.gif?itemid=13905244

Right but the mega deal is #2 and Hayward is #3 (which I agree if #2 happens #3 wont - I'm saying I still think we can do the mega deal and the trade up of Huerter/6 for 2). I think we're in agreement but we're all too confused at this point and can't keep track of what was 1, 2 and 3

So if megadeal happens Huerter stays and Hayward is not signed.

If Hayward is signed, megadeal is gone and we try Huerter and 6 for 2.

I am starting to think megadeal could be Collins for Siakam or Capela for Turner. Or it could be just Atlanta taking some vets for a team to give them cap for 2021. Anyway Supes said the PG could come or not so I assume is just a filler. And the key part here is that there is no agreement for Oladipo between Indy and 3rd team so most likely is not happening.

2 hours ago, gurpilo said:

So if megadeal happens Huerter stays and Hayward is not signed.

If Hayward is signed, megadeal is gone and we try Huerter and 6 for 2.

I am starting to think megadeal could be Collins for Siakam or Capela for Turner. Or it could be just Atlanta taking some vets for a team to give them cap for 2021. Anyway Supes said the PG could come or not so I assume is just a filler. And the key part here is that there is no agreement for Oladipo between Indy and 3rd team so most likely is not happening.

Siakam? Did you see him in the bubble, he was awful. No way we make that move. Capela for Turner is a lateral move at best. Neither one of those deals makes sense to me. 

Edited by bleachkit
  • Like 1

The big IF!  If the mega trade goes down, Hawks will have 2 more veteran contracts and 2 less rookie contracts.  Who do we have currently on their rookie contract?  Five?  All starters except Capela and one bench player?  Add to this, if we keep it, our draft pick.  Now, remove three because we are to have 2 less.

No draft pick and 2 less rookie contracts?  That's major movement.

IF.  IF.  IF.  If we pull off the blockbuster deal, hopefully all these new Hawks can make their free throws!  We have a new defensive coach.  Someone, please beat it into the heads of all the Hawk players, "Hit your free throws!  These points count, too!  They can win ball games!"

End of rant. - - - GO ATL HAWKS !!

:smug:

20 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

The big IF!  If the mega trade goes down, Hawks will have 2 more veteran contracts and 2 less rookie contracts.  Who do we have currently on their rookie contract?  Five?  All starters except Capela and one bench player?  Add to this, if we keep it, our draft pick.  Now, remove three because we are to have 2 less.

No draft pick and 2 less rookie contracts?  That's major movement.

IF.  IF.  IF.  If we pull off the blockbuster deal, hopefully all these new Hawks can make their free throws!  We have a new defensive coach.  Someone, please beat it into the heads of all the Hawk players, "Hit your free throws!  These points count, too!  They can win ball games!"

End of rant. - - - GO ATL HAWKS !!

:smug:

John Collins can make his free throws. Hit 100 strait in practice.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

My prediction: John Collins will be a Hawk for a long, long time.

You don't just trade away walking 20/10 double double machines who are 23. JC can also shoot the 3 better than most bigs in the league and runs the pnr better than most too. He's the perfect compliment to Trae and Cap. He's not going anywhere. He's especially not getting traded for a PF confused PG who can't shoot and has to have the ball in his hands at all times lol

But maybe there is a reason why he is on the block right now, he might want the Max and Hawks (IMO as well) thinks he doesn't deserve a Max Contract maybe it is that.  Like I say yesterday I believe its all rumors right now.

Just now, NekiEcko said:

But maybe there is a reason why he is on the block right now, he might want the Max and Hawks (IMO as well) thinks he doesn't deserve a Max Contract maybe it is that.  Like I say yesterday I believe its all rumors right now.

I honestly don't even believe he's on the block. I have a feeling that the Hawks are not the team picking up the phone and dialing to inquire about a trade involving JC. Are they taking calls? Sure, why not? But it'd have to be a Giannis, AD, KAT, Zion, type player imo for them to pull the trigger.

Taking calls on JC does not equal JC is on the block.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

My prediction: John Collins will be a Hawk for a long, long time.

You don't just trade away walking 20/10 double double machines who are 23. JC can also shoot the 3 better than most bigs in the league and runs the pnr better than most too. He's the perfect compliment to Trae and Cap. He's not going anywhere. He's especially not getting traded for a PF confused PG who can't shoot and has to have the ball in his hands at all times lol

You're prediction makes the most sense. I find logic and reason are often better predictors of what will happen than head scratching trade rumors. How many players (of those realistically available, not LeBron, Luka, etc) in the NBA are even worth giving JC up for? I'm drawing a blank personally.

• Like 1

Just now, bleachkit said:

You're prediction makes the most sense. I find logic and reason are often better predictors of what will happen than head scratching trade rumors. How many players (of those realistically available, not LeBron, Luka, etc) in the NBA are even worth giving JC up for? I'm drawing a blank personally.

Exactly, completely agree. At some point in these rumors, you have to ask yourself, Does this trade make sense from a basketball perspective? And I can't think of a single realistic trade for JC either that makes basketball sense for the Hawks. 

• Like 1