• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

1 hour ago, terrell said:

Wth would we want with Ty Jerome? lol. Is he the throw-in pg Supes? 😀

Great trade for GS.............................

Lol, I wouldn't have a clue. I do got some new news but nothing in terms of the Hawks 

Wow! It took me a long time to read through all this speculation. I haven't been on in a while but thanks Supes, Campster, and the rest of you all for keeping this board relevant. With that said, I wouldn't trade John Collins for anything less of Giannis, A.D., KAT, Booker, and Embiid. I think it is important to pay your guys their worth. Collins is certainly getting the Max or close to it. This would send a message to the other players in the league that Atlanta will pay, will take care of their players, and wants to win. The better Collins plays the more his trade value goes up. Then when it comes time to make that deal for that guy, Collins might be the true piece to get you where you want to. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, terrell said:

Report: Growing belief around league that James Wiseman will go No. 1 to Minnesota 

Smokescreen..lol

Not a smokescreen. They 100% still don't know what they're doing at 1.

If you are counting pure physical talent, there is no better prospect than Wiseman. All of his questions are motor and heart. Some of those were answered in interviews.

If I was the Hawks right now and I could pick anyone on the board....It's Wiseman 1...period. He won't be there at 1 and there is no point in debating it but any team that passes on Wiseman will more than likely have to answer for it for years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Not a smokescreen. They 100% still don't know what they're doing at 1.

If you are counting pure physical talent, there is no better prospect than Wiseman. All of his questions are motor and heart. Some of those were answered in interviews.

If I was the Hawks right now and I could pick anyone on the board....It's Wiseman 1...period. He won't be there at 1 and there is no point in debating it but any team that passes on Wiseman will more than likely have to answer for it for years.

I cant see them drafting a center #1 unless there is a trade involved.. I've been wrong before though..I still thinks its Edwards if they keep it..

Edited by terrell

13 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Is going to be a long wait till the draft day. I think we have good cards to make a run at the offseason but trading John Collins I think would be a major mistake that Hawks would regret for years. I really hope John stays with us for many years.

Ditto

23 hours ago, NBASupes said:

No. It will not be salary wise possible. 

If he opts out, yes. I am pretty sure there is a number his agent and the Hawks are targeting. I just wouldn't know what that is nor could I get it. We probably won't know that information till signings start. 

So, Supes, you say if Hayward opts out and signs with us, then we can do Hayward AND the MegaTrade.

And, Campster,you say we could get 2 veterans and subtract 2 rookie contracts.

With those statements in mind, could the possible transactions be the following:

1) Hayward opts out and signs with us, say 4 years/$80 million.

2) Megatrade: (Collins?) + Dedmon OUT, (B. Wallace?) IN.

3) #6 and K. Huerter OUT, #2 (A, Edwards) and (T. Jerome?) IN

4) Sign S. Labissiere to a 4 year low salary contract.

5) This is me spitballing: How about Dario Saric for backup PF?

The possibilities are intriguing at least. Thanks Supes and Campster for the fun speculating!

@parfait - Supes said no we can't do both. The megatrade is contingent on us having cap space to absorb larger contract involved in the mega trade. If we sign Hayward, we don't have that ability. One or the other....

What Campster was saying is that that would be the results of the mega trade - we would end up 2 more vet contracts and 2 less rookie contracts (suggesting JC would be involved since he's on a rookie contract). 

1 hour ago, gurpilo said:

Is going to be a long wait till the draft day. I think we have good cards to make a run at the offseason but trading John Collins I think would be a major mistake that Hawks would regret for years. I really hope John stays with us for many years.

I'm highly skeptical of a JC trade. If it happens I'll eat some crow because I just don't see a deal out there that's both realistic and makes sense for us.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, warcore said:

@parfait - Supes said no we can't do both. The megatrade is contingent on us having cap space to absorb larger contract involved in the mega trade. If we sign Hayward, we don't have that ability. One or the other....

What Campster was saying is that that would be the results of the mega trade - we would end up 2 more vet contracts and 2 less rookie contracts (suggesting JC would be involved since he's on a rookie contract). 

Non Rookie contracts on the roster

Capela

Dedmon

Current Rookie contracts (by length)

Collins

Young

Huerter

Reddish

Hunter

(Technically Fernando)

(Technically Goodwin - non guaranteed)

Rookie Contracts ended this year

Labissiere

Bembry

Jones

Non rookie FA

Teague

Graham

14 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Non Rookie contracts on the roster

Capela

Dedmon

Current Rookie contracts (by length)

Collins

Young

Huerter

Reddish

Hunter

(Technically Fernando)

(Technically Goodwin - non guaranteed)

Rookie Contracts ended this year

Labissiere

Bembry

Jones

Non rookie FA

Teague

Graham

Of the above - teams have shown interest in Huerter (number 1 person inquired about), Fernando, Collins, Hunter, Reddish, Dedmon and Capela (in no specific order). Any deal involving Dedmon is a deal where we take back more salary than we send out and would involve positional upgrades. Nothing is imminent on Collins and people harping on that are barking up the wrong tree. Although its possible Collins could be moved, any move involving Collins would involve us getting back more than we give. His value because of his low salary, high output is almost impossible to quantify.

There has been almost zero interest in listening to offers for Capela. Zero interest in trading Trae.

Let me make a bit of this easy. If Teague is resigned, there is a very, very small chance Goodwin comes back. Depends on what we do in the draft. There is lots of interest in bringing back Skal. There is some interest in retaining Bembry if the price is right but the feeling is he'll be signed elsewhere. The lack of hearing about Graham is deafeningly quiet which I don't understand.

Both the 6th pick, our 2021 1st, 2022 1st and the Thunders 2022 can be had in any above mentioned deal at the right price as well as any of our future 2nds. We won't give it all away but we would trade some for the right deal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2