Ask Supes

NBASupes

4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Um, no. His value is actually far more than #2 pick. Plus how are they going to pay him? Already have Steph, Klay, Draymond and Wiggins on the books.

Well if we actually did this trade ...Warriors would own Collins full bird  rights and would be able to go over the lux tax to sign him long term .

Of course this likely has no legs but was sharing just cause 

• Premium Member
Just now, JTB said:

Well if we actually did this trade ...Warriors would own Collins full bird  rights and would be able to go over the lux tax to sign him long term .

Of course this likely has no legs but was sharing just cause 

True, the can exceed the cap to pay him, but they are already in repeater tax territory, they'll be paying  1.50 x Collins' salary in penalties alone.

• Like 1

hace 3 horas, NBASupes dijo:

I am back from my PP/PCP, my stress levels were too high and causing some issues but I am back. Just gotta relax. My professional job is stressful as well as family and my personal life but I am good ya'll. Thanks for being supportive guys. I appreciate it!

Hey Supes, glad you are ok. Take care man.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

True, the can exceed the cap to pay him, but they are already in repeater tax territory, they'll be paying  1.50 x Collins' salary in penalties alone.

Yup tough price to pay when you make yourself a contender. If the warriors had a lineup of curry+klay+wiggins+collins+draymond that puts them in championship contention no doubt. It wouldn’t even be a question. With curry and klay only having probably 5 or 6 years left it may be worth paying such a penalty.

if I were Schlenk I would listen to the deal if they can make it worth our while. Getting the 2nd pick would not be enough for Collins so if the Warriors could find a 3rd team to get involved so we can get back another good piece for JC I would really consider the deal if it includes keeping the 2nd and 6th pick + another good player 

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

I realize, on its face, trading half our young core for a back up point guard might seem a bit peculiar, but rest assured, when the details of this inevitable, absolutely-going-to-happen trade finally come out, it will all make sense.

Well he said we were getting a backup pg from another team in the deal. I was thinking TJ since he mentioned Indy..lol

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, terrell said:

Pacers expected to keep T.J. McConnell for another season

😀

He actually has a $1 million buy out, but they will not buy him out, making his contract guaranteed.. Making him the ideal candidate for a trade.  So the Mega Hawks deal is still on. :ninja:

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, JTB said:

Yup tough price to pay when you make yourself a contender. If the warriors had a lineup of curry+klay+wiggins+collins+draymond that puts them in championship contention no doubt. It wouldn’t even be a question. With curry and klay only having probably 5 or 6 years left it may be worth paying such a penalty.

if I were Schlenk I would listen to the deal if they can make it worth our while. Getting the 2nd pick would not be enough for Collins so if the Warriors could find a 3rd team to get involved so we can get back another good piece for JC I would really consider the deal if it includes keeping the 2nd and 6th pick + another good player 

Me personally, I would only accept #2, the 2021 Minny pick, and a player.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, terrell said:

So we're really getting TJ McConnell from Indiana? smh. LP supposedly loves him. But Nate McMillan cut his min big time in the Playoffs..Interesting. lol

HOLD UP - I know I've postulated that due to their time in Philly together. But is there actually truth to it? Or are you basing that off my postulation?

I just really don't want him. He reminds me of the kid on the team that they gave playing time to just because he showed up early to practice and hustled. But ultimately, would be best fit as the team's water boy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, warcore said:

HOLD UP - I know I've postulated that due to their time in Philly together. But is there actually truth to it? Or are you basing that off my postulation?

I just really don't want him. He reminds me of the kid on the team that they gave playing time to just because he showed up early to practice and hustled. But ultimately, would be best fit as the team's water boy. 

Yeah I was basing that off posts Ive read. lol. Not factual..

• Thanks 1