• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

13 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Yup.

The Kings inquiring about Kuzma is one of the silliest things I have heard. That would be so Vlade like, draft WCS and Bagley, then sign Barnes and Dedmon; then give up a Kings ( LeBron pun intended ) ransom for another forward type.

I guess if he keeps rolling the dice, sooner or later he has to hit on someone.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We aren't in trade season yet. That's why trades haven't happen outside of Utah's who overpaid for Clarkson but felt they needed too and it worked. They won 10 straight. 

And who saw that coming? Might be one of the best value trades of the season. Utah rocked that one so over paying is a stretch.

29 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

And who saw that coming? Might be one of the best value trades of the season. Utah rocked that one so over paying is a stretch.

I actually thought it was a bad trade for Utah but I did like what Clarkson was doing. He improved his game a lot. When it came together, it worked perfectly.

Utah bench was just a notch better than ours and we have a historically bad bench. Clarkson been nothing short a special and truthfully, it opened up playing time for Georges Niang. That's where it really came in handy. Well. Cutting Uncle Jeff Green 

Edited by NBASupes

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I actually thought it was a bad trade for Utah but I did like what Clarkson was doing. He improved his game a lot. When it came together, it worked perfectly.

Utah bench was just a notch better than ours and we have a historically bad bench. Clarkson been nothing short a special and truthfully, it opened up playing time for Georges Niang. That's where it really came in handy.

They got a sixth man for a oft injured PG and two 2nds that will be in the 50 range. I like that the Cavs took a flyer on Exum because they have nothing to lose. But the 2nds are just peanuts to make the Cavs feel better in my opinion.

37 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

The Kings inquiring about Kuzma is one of the silliest things I have heard. That would be so Vlade like, draft WCS and Bagley, then sign Barnes and Dedmon; then give up a Kings ( LeBron pun intended ) ransom for another forward type.

I guess if he keeps rolling the dice, sooner or later he has to hit on someone.

There was interest but SAC wasn't interested in the price tag. While it's likely Kuzma like Parker will be traded, the teams who are interested are teams who give that team something they really value in return. 

Just now, NBASupes said:

There was interest but SAC wasn't interested in the price tag. While it's likely Kuzma like Parker will be traded, the teams who are interested are teams who give that team something they really value in return. 

Vlade is like a mad scientist and I don't think he will ever have enough forwards to be satisfied. I heard the Kuzma price was high which is why I referred to the Kings ransom.

4 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Vlade is like a mad scientist and I don't think he will ever have enough forwards to be satisfied. I heard the Kuzma price was high which is why I referred to the Kings ransom.

It's relative. LA already have a dance partner. It's just the details that need to be worked on and the bidding process from the other party

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

It's relative. LA already have a dance partner. It's just the details that need to be worked on and the bidding process from the other party

Its no secret the Lakers need a PG and/or shooter. Its kind of ironic but Kuzma is their 3rd highest 3 PT volume shooter and is their 6th best from a percentage standpoint. I understand them being wary of making a deal. It could have a opposite effect on team shooting.

Just now, Buzzard said:

Its no secret the Lakers need a PG and/or shooter. Its kind of ironic but Kuzma is their 3rd highest 3 PT volume shooter and is their 6th best from a percentage standpoint. I understand them being wary of making a deal. It could have a opposite effect on team shooting.

They will get their PG in FA, Darren Collison. 

I don't know how they are getting their shooter though? 

Their big target is a 3/D wing. That's the prize they want.

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

They will get their PG in FA, Darren Collison. 

I don't know how they are getting their shooter though? 

Their big target is a 3/D wing. That's the prize they want.

3/D Wing is a shooter Supes. Kuzma only makes 1.9 million this season. Kuzma for Carroll seems logical with the Lakers throwing someone else in. But we know how much Pops likes trading with the Lakers and vice-versa. Prince comes to mind but he is supposedly a Durant and Kyrie buddy.

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Yup....teams act all high n mighty...one day to go till the deadline they all Chappelle on crack 😆 sell anything.

Sorry about the Kings/Vlade take Spud. Vlade just seems all over the place except it always involves a forward and/or a big. Sometimes more than one in a season. He just cannot get enough.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Sorry about the Kings/Vlade take Spud. Vlade just seems all over the place except it always involves a forward and/or a big. Sometimes more than one in a season. He just cannot get enough.

I saw the Kings/Vlade thing from the same perspective - especially as it was reported.  Kuzma is a luxury for that team, not a need.  Bagley is the future at PF there.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

I saw the Kings/Vlade thing from the same perspective - especially as it was reported.  Kuzma is a luxury for that team, not a need.  Bagley is the future at PF there.

Kuzma's real problem to me is what position to play him at. He is not physical enough to be a power forward, but he looks to slow to handle small forwards. I like his game a little, but I do think he is overrated.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

3/D Wing is a shooter Supes. Kuzma only makes 1.9 million this season. Kuzma for Carroll seems logical with the Lakers throwing someone else in. But we know how much Pops likes trading with the Lakers and vice-versa. Prince comes to mind but he is supposedly a Durant and Kyrie buddy.

I mean sharpshooter shooter.

11 minutes ago, AHF said:

He was big time overrated as a young Los Angelas Laker.  Had he been playing in Minnesota, he would have been a nice rookie season story without attracting any headlines.  Playing for the **Lakers!!** he drew a lot more praise than his defense and overall play warranted.  He should have a fine career but he isn't special.

On top of all that, it should be remembered that he's (relatively) old as heyul.  He's not getting much better than he is right now.

Supes!....I have a few Qs.....

number 1:
can you confirm what Schlenk and LP wants from his center position offensively? Does the scheme call for the center to be able to hit the 3 ball or not? ....

this will help me come to my own conclusion for traditional centers like Drummond and if these type of centers can really be a fit long term or not.

number two:

what’s the value in Goodwin? Do they believe Goodwin is a keeper long term to be traes back up?

number three:

Who’s seen as the starting SG long term next to Trae? ....Cam or Huerter?

Edited by JTB
  • Like 2

Lots and lots of thick smoke (trade ideas) but no fire (trades) yet.  Hawks have a player or two that might be available if the price is right.  Hawks wouldn't give a 1st round pick for a 4 month rental.  Offered 2 second round picks and filler.  No deal.  Might have included Damian Jones.  Still, no deal.

Hawks need vet rebounder that can rebound and a shooter that can shoot and hit his shot.  

Hawks have expiring contracts.  Any one want $$$ relief for next season? 

:smug: