• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

People will be shocked. A lot of teams are making moves with 2021 in mind. Please note, Atlanta isn't. Atlanta just isn't a player for 2021. They will be making moves now. They aren't trading JC for anyone in this draft. They aren't trading Cam, De'Andre, and Trae at all. Anything you see with any of these three is a troll post. They don't want to move Clint either. He's a part of the core and they want to see him with Trae as I've been mentioning. 

@h4wkfan he mentions JC on the no trade list here today

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Supes has already said that all core pieces except Huerter were not included in the block buster trade.  Please look at Supes post today.  So even with your belief, supes already shut this one down.

Thanks I missed that part 

Just now, LucastheThird said:

@h4wkfan he mentions JC on the no trade list here today

Thanks I don’t recall this part . 

Just now, marco102 said:

I was wrong. He said JC would not be traded for anyone in the draft which means you may be right!

Lol oh ok ...well it’s just a prediction of course 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

And can you confirm that the Gordon Hayward deal would still be possible after this trade?

This deal sends out 13.3 million in Dedmon before accepting in any salary. So as long as we take back less than $25 to $30 million (depending on your accountant) then we are definitely in the Hayward mix.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, JTB said:

I’m not sure if we can trade for Spicy P then go back and add Hayward in free agency! That would be a damn dream come true but I don’t think it’s possible unfortunately.

I’m sure adding Siakam puts a dent in our cap but maybe not . Someone smarter than me and more familiar with the cap like my squawk sister @JayBirdHawk will probably let us know.

If my quick calcs are corrrect: We'd be taking on ~$31 mil (Siakam and TJ) and sending out ~$18 mil  (Dedmon and JC) - which leaves approximately $28 million in capspace.

• Thanks 1

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

If my quick calcs are corrrect: We'd be taking on ~$31 mil (Siakam and TJ) and sending out ~$18 mil  (Dedmon and JC) - which leaves approximately $28 million in capspace.

Wow so Hayward is still possible! I like JC but damn that’s a good ass team and a load of defenders around Trae! Plus an all star caliber player in Siakam.

If Hayward were to commit here that is 

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't know how I feel about that trade.  The defense will def be much improved.  If Heyward is signed, that'll be a really good squad though. 

• Premium Member
Just now, marco102 said:

I don't know how I feel about that trade.  The defense will def be much improved.  If Heyward is signed, that'll be a really good squad though. 

I guess the question is - does this deal make sense for Toronto in taking Oladipo and Turner, where both Dipo and Lowry both become FAs next offseason?

3 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

God I hope we aren't entertaining swapping JC for Spicy P. He just isn't that good to me. This looks like a backwards deal to me. 

We're trading JC because we don't want to pay him. So we swap him for a similar/worse player who already has been paid what we don't want to pay JC?

I'd push back.  Pascal is definetly a better defender than John and he can decently spread the floor with Capela.  He shoots about 36% from three on six attempts per game.  He's much better defender than John and he wouldn't be looked at as the number 1 or 2 option here. He's a perfectly good #3 option.

I'd add I'm not a fan of the trade, but I could understand why Travis would do it.  That team would have TREMENDOUS defensive potential when you consider the starting lineup.

Trae, Cam, Hayward, Siakam, Capela.

Edited by marco102

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Based on this ... my prediction is Dedmon and JC to Indy ... Dipo to Toronto and Pascal and TJ to us ... maybe a couple more small pieces.

Toronto trading Pascal for Dipo?  I don't see them doing that.

2 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

I refuse to believe we're trading JC for Siakam. We're scared to pay JC, but we're going to bring on an older Siakam and his $130M? Not buying it. 

I'm more afraid of us paying Gordon Hayward 30+ million year on a multi year deal, but I want to keep JC.

• Thanks 1