Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

NO!

Dammit! Lol 

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I guess the question is - does this deal make sense for Toronto in taking Oladipo and Turner, where both Dipo and Lowry both become FAs next offseason?

Honestly the reason I felt like raptors may do the deal is because it would free up even more cap for Ujiri to go after Giannis but it doesn’t matter now since @thecampster said that’s not the deal 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am back from my PP/PCP, my stress levels were too high and causing some issues but I am back. Just gotta relax. My professional job is stressful as well as family and my personal life but I am good

Tonight: Hawks draft Okungwu March/April: "we are still waiting on that toe to get all the way healed, we really can't put a timetable on it."

Actual footage of Edward's agent seeing the interview:

Posted Images

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

I'd push back.  Pascal is definetly a better defender than John and he can decently spread the floor with Capela.  He shoots about 36% from three on six attempts per game.  He's much better defender than John and he wouldn't be looked at as the number 1 or 2 option here. He's a perfectly good #3 option.

The only thing he is better at is defense. I just don't see him as clearly better in any other category. That role can be filled by JC just fine and he can be #3 behind Trae and Hayward if we sign him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GameTime said:

I'm more afraid of us paying Gordon Hayward 30+ million year on a multi year deal, but I want to keep JC.

 

These little details are moving a TON of capscase. At  a minimum moving Caris Lavert, Tauren Prince, AND Spencer Dwinddle.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Teams that need to shed salary. 

 

Team                                                                           Practical cap space

1 Philadelphia 76ers -               $-39,003,765
2 Golden State Warriors -               $-36,597,266
3 Boston Celtics -               $-25,986,327
4 Brooklyn Nets -               $-25,588,935
5 Houston Rockets -               $-19,680,493
6 Indiana Pacers -               $-16,127,028
7 Milwaukee Bucks -               $-14,426,979
8 Orlando Magic -               $-7,914,210
9 Utah Jazz -               $-7,437,199
10 Los Angeles Clippers -               $-6,701,023
11 San Antonio Spurs -               $-6,065,150
12 Los Angeles Lakers -               $-5,714,478
13 Memphis Grizzlies -               $-4,197,964
14 Cleveland Cavaliers -               $-1,054,828
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, thecampster said:

 

Teams that need to shed salary. 

 

Team                                                                           Practical cap space

1 Philadelphia 76ers -               $-39,003,765
2 Golden State Warriors -               $-36,597,266
3 Boston Celtics -               $-25,986,327
4 Brooklyn Nets -               $-25,588,935
5 Houston Rockets -               $-19,680,493
6 Indiana Pacers -               $-16,127,028
7 Milwaukee Bucks -               $-14,426,979
8 Orlando Magic -               $-7,914,210
9 Utah Jazz -               $-7,437,199
10 Los Angeles Clippers -               $-6,701,023
11 San Antonio Spurs -               $-6,065,150
12 Los Angeles Lakers -               $-5,714,478
13 Memphis Grizzlies -               $-4,197,964
14 Cleveland Cavaliers -               $-1,054,828

Which means James Harden to the Nets would probably be a three or four team deal and most likely not going to happen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Premium Member

Here's a really CRAZY one from out of left field:

Dipo and Turner to Jazz (Jazz don't have to pay Rudy the max)

Rudy Gobert to Indy (Indy prefers paying Rudy a max vs Dipo)

Bogdanovic plus salary to Hawks.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Premium Member
3 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

And that still doesn't feel like a good value for Harden. Houston is getting fleeced in that hypothetical deal. 

Plus Houston traded their 1sts in the Westbrook deal, so why tank now?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Premium Member
1 minute ago, h4wkfan said:

I know it’s already been shot down, so it’s not really trade related, but I feel like a lot of you are overrating JC’s impact to winning basketball and underrating Pascal’s.

Here's how I see it.  Toronto paid Siakam as a #1 option that would take over after Kawhi left, turns out he isn't.  JC is a piece of the puzzle here and I don't think he'll be paid a max contract. At the start of the season, I had Pascal ranked high above JC, now he may still be higher just not as much since JC has added his 3 point shot with improving defense and just turned 23.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Here's a really CRAZY one from out of left field:

Dipo and Turner to Jazz (Jazz don't have to pay Rudy the max)

Rudy Gobert to Indy (Indy prefers paying Rudy a max vs Dipo)

Bogdanovic plus salary to Hawks.

 

I'm fine with taking bad money, just waive them this time, dont let them linger on our bench.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Premium Member
6 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I'm fine with taking bad money, just waive them this time, dont let them linger on our bench.

Bogdanovic isn't bad money, I added plus salary since I haven't thoroughly checked the cap.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Here's how I see it.  Toronto paid Siakam as a #1 option that would take over after Kawhi left, turns out he isn't.  JC is a piece of the puzzle here and I don't think he'll be paid a max contract. At the start of the season, I had Pascal ranked high above JC, now he may still be higher just not as much since JC has added his 3 point shot with improving defense and just turned 23.

I’m not a fan of contract either. I guess ultimately (especially with Trae) I don’t know if (and am really hoping I’m wrong like more times than not) we could win it all with JC. I’m a huge JC fan, but the raptors don’t win their ring If they switched teams. Even if it was Collins from last year on that team. 
 

I guess we could. Just a lot more has to go right for Trae + JC to win than something like Trae + P would in my opinion. Like I said. I’m more wrong than I am right. Hope JC stays and proves me wrong. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Premium Member
39 minutes ago, marco102 said:

These little details are moving a TON of capscase. At  a minimum moving Caris Lavert, Tauren Prince, AND Spencer Dwinddle.

Nets might be negotiating for an extra ball to be added to the court next season before they run a harden kyrie KD lineup

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.