• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

2 hours ago, marco102 said:

I'd push back.  Pascal is definetly a better defender than John and he can decently spread the floor with Capela.  He shoots about 36% from three on six attempts per game.  He's much better defender than John and he wouldn't be looked at as the number 1 or 2 option here. He's a perfectly good #3 option.

I'd add I'm not a fan of the trade, but I could understand why Travis would do it.  That team would have TREMENDOUS defensive potential when you consider the starting lineup.

Trae, Cam, Hayward, Siakam, Capela.

I wouldn't advocate for or against this trade. But, if it were to happen, I would have to think there is something more happening behind the scenes with JC that we don't know. Maybe something more to do with the PEDs or something. 

There would have to be something more than basketball reasons for TS to consider such a lateral (at best) move.

2 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

I wouldn't advocate for or against this trade. But, if it were to happen, I would have to think there is something more happening behind the scenes with JC that we don't know. Maybe something more to do with the PEDs or something. 

There would have to be something more than basketball reasons for TS to consider such a lateral (at best) move.

If that were to happen, they would look at the defensive potential.  Also, it means they are far apart on contract terms.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

I really like the addition of Rondo as a backup PG. Instant credibility and vet leadership.

What's crazy is while I can't confirm this, I remember my guy saying watch for Atlanta for Rondo but I doubt it honestly. The Hawks are pretty cash strapped due to the potential trade and Hayward. If Hayward falls through, that could open a number of doors but Rondo wasn't mentioned the Hawks as a team of interest. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

Just now, NBASupes said:

What's crazy is while I can't confirm this, I remember my guy saying watch for Atlanta for Rondo but he I doubt it honestly. The Hawks are pretty cash strapped due to the potential trade and Hayward. If Hayward falls through, that could open a number of doors but Rondo wasn't mentioned the Hawks as a team of interest. 

With the trades and Hayward the Hawks would still have excetions to sign Rondo above the vet minimum, if I'm not mistaken.

3 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Rondo also is not that good ... his d is average now and he has an attitude.  Don’t want him

Rondo would be great in a vet backup role.  He's one of the smartest nba players there is.  It'll be great for our young guards and point guards  (cough Hayes) to learn the game from him on the offensive and defensive side of the ball.

He's never had a problem being a mentor.  Again, he's just had problem with certain coaches that he thought he knew more than. In the ATL role, I don't see that being a problem because he won't be getting a ton of playing time. 

Just now, DrReality said:

Agree.  Don’t think he’d be that good of an influence on our young guns 

See above.

So, since no one else is saying it...what would it take to get Harden to the Hawks? 

We have draft picks, young players, and cap space.

If TS doesn't see us as players in 2021, why not start a year early? 

Run with Trae, Cam, Harden, Toppin, Capela? 

Send JC, Hunter, and 2 or 3 1st rnd picks? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2