• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

20 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

If Rondo wants to come here in a backup role and mentor our young core, then I'm ALL for it. One of the smartest players of the past decades.  He would be a better fit for that role just like VC was.

Rondo still in his mind can win. He's not coming to take a backseat if he came. I get why people want to mention us as that's why guys like Chris(beat writer) love to do with PGs but there has not been any interest from Rondos camp and it's all been focused to LAC which makes a lot of sense both ways while Atlanta doesn't but financially which doesn't as we aren't going to have the cap space.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

So, since no one else is saying it...what would it take to get Harden to the Hawks? 

We have draft picks, young players, and cap space.

If TS doesn't see us as players in 2021, why not start a year early? 

Run with Trae, Cam, Harden, Toppin, Capela? 

Send JC, Hunter, and 2 or 3 1st rnd picks? 

Harden can't play with another ball dominant player - 1st CP3 then Westbrook.  As Supes pointed out, he plays best surrounded my role players.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Rondo still in his mind can win. He's not coming to take a backseat if he came. I get why people want to mention us as that's why guys like Chris(beat writer) love to do with PGs but there has not been any interret from Rondos camp and it's all been focused to LAC which makes a lot of sense both ways while Atlanta doesn't but financially which doesn't as we aren't going to have the cap space.

Rondo is a vet min player, so capspace shouldn't be a concern.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Is this a trick question? Kawhi or PG13 if they opt out?

Kind of a trick question, yes.

What incentive do any of those top tier guys have to come to Atlanta on their own?

We keep saying . . "Oh, we can simply sign one of those guys when they hit free agency, without giving up anybody."

The question is . . Can we really?

I'm just afraid that the Hawks are going to be going into 2021 with a boat load of cash, with none of the top guys on the market wanting any of it. 

Here's your list of free agents.  If the Hawks are no more than a borderline playoff team, which one of these guys are coming to Atlanta on their own free will?

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/2021/

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

What's crazy is while I can't confirm this, I remember my guy saying watch for Atlanta for Rondo but I doubt it honestly. The Hawks are pretty cash strapped due to the potential trade and Hayward. If Hayward falls through, that could open a number of doors but Rondo wasn't mentioned the Hawks as a team of interest. 

Rashad Phillips said this a while back about Rondo..Is that your guy? lol

I did get several updates this weekend:

1. Atlanta did get a lot of calls for their pick with interest in Atlanta being the 3rd team. None really interested Atlanta much as you can imagine.

2. Indy been trying to angle for a top 10 pick, for a PG. This isn't new as we talked about this one before. The target is one of the playmaking PGs.

3. New York has been looking at move back options lately and it makes 8 a spot that could move down. NY and DEN had convos but NY asked for Porter Jr and it ended as quick as it started. 

4. LAC is planning on closing on a massive CP3 trade but OKC is currently holding the cards hoping CP3 will consider PHX as an option. They are still not happy with the LAC offer but I was told they will have outside suitors for Lou and Pat Bev.

Milwaukee is very interested in adding both. Obviously, PHX deal gets OKC more (Rubio and Oubre) but this is CP3 choice if he chooses LAC which LAC feels confident he will soon. 

5. Of the top ten teams interested in Jrue Holiday, Phoenix is the team people think could eventually get him. They have contacted teams above them about him. Cleveland has shown interest in PHX package. New Orleans wants to do a deal for LaMelo Ball as I've mentioned earlier. They tried to offer Jrue Holiday but Jrue didn't have interest in Minnesota. I haven't heard he has interest in PHX but PHX thinks Jrue is the perfect fit and are angling a trade for Holiday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I know I said this before but McNair wants a real asset for a SnT of Bodgon in SAC. He wants a 1st that truly converts. MIL will pay a heavy price if they want to do a SnT. 

Also, the Middleton to MIN deal fell through. Not sure exactly why but that's what he said on Friday night. 

• Thanks 2