• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Within reason though.  Why would OKC be Ok getting back less than ideal pieces?

They ultimately gave CP3 a choice. Seeing all PHX traded. They should still have ample salary to add a PF. Maybe this is ultimately about adding CP3 makes it easier to add a PF who's win now.

I am still in shock. I thought it was a no brainer since CP3 had the choice to make.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Diesel said:

This is ridiculous. 

Supes has been on the Squawk since 2003 or before.  Since coming, he has always talked about having a source. 

2017-Present                 Travis Schlenk
2015-2017 Wes Wilcox
2012-2015 Danny Ferry
2008-2012 Rick Sund
2003-2008 Billy Knight

These are the GMs that have perched the top of the Hawks realm in those years. 

Do you believe that all these guys confided in the same source... that has confides in Supes?  What does the source get for sharing his privilaged information with Supes?  Does the source never worry about "job security" knowing that he's sharing information with a source that's taking the information to a messageboard?  For almost 20 years, through changing administrations this source gives out information with no fear of what may happen if the wrong thing leaked?  If he has no fear.. why is the information always given shrouded in secrecy until it comes out fully?  Why is it always given as if "a Big deal may or may not be coming" kind of thing?

I have found if you have a solid understanding of the cap and you read enough ESPN, Hoopshype, and other sites, there's almost always enough information given that would allow one to contrive a good rumor.   IDK.  But then you have to ask.. what's the benefit of going through all of this? Importance?  How many likes can you get on FB kinda stuff.  🙂

How good will Phoenix Be after this deal though?  Did they just make a move that pushes them into the top 3 in the West?

The whole insider thing doesn't really make sense. Why would organizations leak information about what they are doing or thinking? Generally showing your hand is not how you win at poker. And leaking information discussed with other teams is likely highly frowned upon. Teams that trade with one another are partners, and no doubt there are gentleman's agreements about not leaking the contents of those discussions. Teams usually don't even tell players they are being traded beforehand, often to maintain the integrity on ongoing negotiations. If a staffer or assistant is leaking information they would likely be fired.

• Admin
14 minutes ago, marco102 said:

So the super trade is dead?  Thank the lord.  Sign Gordon Hayward, Rondo (YEAH I SAID IT), Skal, and draft Hayes and run this mother🙊 back! 

Playoffs here we come.  

This is in regards to the draft picks trade where we would trade 6 for 13 and 17 ... not the mega trade 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, parfait said:

Pretty strong words. Admittedly it's hard for us rank-and-file Hawks fans to verify @NBASupes info as being Inside Stuff. But it is equally hard for you or anyone to prove that it isn't. So with those realities in place, why choose the path of mean-spiritedness, especially in the context of a fun, festive message board?

I’m not taking a side here but there’s a big problem with one thing you said. The burden of proof always falls on the person making the claim...not for others to disprove. This is fundamental. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Eddielives said:

I’m not taking a side here but there’s a big problem with one thing you said. The burden of proof always falls on the person making the claim...not for others to disprove. This is fundamental. 

I actually agree with you, fundamentally-speaking. But I believe that this does not matter in this context, since there is no money being charged, there is no official business being carried out, nor any sort of certification or licensing being claimed. This is all being done in a sports entertainment context. So one can individually decide if the information provided by @NBASupes and @thecampster is worth their time and attention, or not. I believe that the vast majority of squawkers feel that it is, and I for one am thankful for it, especially at the trade deadline and during the draft and free agency.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

The whole insider thing doesn't really make sense. Why would organizations leak information about what they are doing or thinking? Generally showing your hand is not how you win at poker. And leaking information discussed with other teams is likely highly frowned upon. Teams that trade with one another are partners, and no doubt there are gentleman's agreements about not leaking the contents of those discussions. Teams usually don't even tell players they are being traded beforehand, often to maintain the integrity on ongoing negotiations. If a staffer or assistant is leaking information they would likely be fired.

I may not be in the biz, but my understanding is that the majority of leaks come from the league office and from agents, rather than from front offices. I believe @NBASupes connection is in the first category.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, parfait said:

I actually agree with you, fundamentally-speaking. But I believe that this does not matter in this context, since there is no money being charged, there is no official business being carried out, nor any sort of certification or licensing being claimed. This is all being done in a sports entertainment context. So one can individually decide if the information provided by @NBASupes and @thecampster is worth their time and attention, or not. I believe that the vast majority of squawkers feel that it is, and I for one am thankful for it, especially at the trade deadline and during the draft and free agency.

I do enjoy the satisfaction of calling bullshit on trades that have zero likelihood of occuring. So anything that allows me to play the role of skeptical contrarian, I'm fully on board with.

Edited by bleachkit
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Go get Dunn, Travis.

Will also be nice for LaVine to have a former teammate around when the mega trade happens.

😉

Why are they extending Valentine is the question....lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I do enjoy the satisfaction of calling bullshit on trades that have zero likelihood of occuring. So anything that allows me to play the role of skeptical contrarian, I'm fully on board with.

Then that's free entertainment for you too. See, there's something for everyone, lol.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

They ultimately gave CP3 a choice. Seeing all PHX traded. They should still have ample salary to add a PF. Maybe this is ultimately about adding CP3 makes it easier to add a PF who's win now.

I am still in shock. I thought it was a no brainer since CP3 had the choice to make.

So maybe CP3 just doesn't want to win a championship?

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

This is wrong. Being a scout is what I claimed and when pressed I told the truth about was I claimed back then. I never lied to you guys about that I just showed no mercy. 

I've been connected to the NBA since 2007 especially to the Hawks and obviously I've lost that link many years ago but made many others relationships especially a close friendship with someone highly connected within the NBA circles who works directly for the NBA. This is where I get 99% of the he said context around here. You are free to question me and continue to question me. I don't expect you to go all 300+ pages and find the other times people have questioned me and wanted to know more detail. I've been upfront on that. 

Wow . . what a mature response.  I was fully expecting you to cuss him out.

I'm proud of you Supes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, terrell said:

Why are they extending Valentine is the question....lol

Yeah that dude is oft-injured and pretty blah when he does play.

4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Wow . . what a mature response.  I was fully expecting you to cuss him out.

I'm proud of you Supes.

It's still early, give him time to stew on it.  Heh

• Haha 3