• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

2 hours ago, capstone21 said:

This is in regards to the draft picks trade where we would trade 6 for 13 and 17 ... not the mega trade 

FYI, there is no evidence for this one outside of Supes that I've heard of.

23 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Wow . . what a mature response.  I was fully expecting you to cuss him out.

I'm proud of you Supes.

He's grown.

• Like 1

Just now, JTB said:

What about the mega trade? Have you heard the same about it as supes?

Not exactly!  I've got that as something discussed but not imminent.  Teams are still weighing options though that might fall now that stuff is done.

FYI, Hayward has till late tomorrow afternoon to opt in or opt out. That's a domino that has to fall for things to break loose.  Though they stuff today happened earlier than expected. Only thing I knew about those was some of the players being on the block.

• Thanks 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

I do enjoy the satisfaction of calling bullshit on trades that have zero likelihood of occuring. So anything that allows me to play the role of skeptical contrarian, I'm fully on board with.

Sometimes I sit and wonder.... Did Rick Flair really break Dusty Rhodes Arm?  Then I see them hamming it up in the restaurant together and I hear a voice say " were you not entertained!!!! 

8 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Not exactly!  I've got that as something discussed but not imminent.  Teams are still weighing options though that might fall now that stuff is done.

FYI, Hayward has till late tomorrow afternoon to opt in or opt out. That's a domino that has to fall for things to break loose.  Though they stuff today happened earlier than expected. Only thing I knew about those was some of the players being on the block.

Hopefully Hayward opts out if he opts in I wonder how that impacts the mega trade.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, kg01 said:

We all have healthy skepticism.  Yeah, some folks are a little too "into it", but we're all just talkin' Hawks here.

The question is why are you (and some of you lurkers) so keen on knocking soups off this non-existent perch anyways?

He did the same thing to me years back when I had three separate sources inside the hawks and the arena. So his doubting Supes is nothing new. I do believe Supes has a source and if the source says don't mention specifics then supes can't mention specifics or else the source dries up. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

The whole insider thing doesn't really make sense. Why would organizations leak information about what they are doing or thinking? Generally showing your hand is not how you win at poker. And leaking information discussed with other teams is likely highly frowned upon. Teams that trade with one another are partners, and no doubt there are gentleman's agreements about not leaking the contents of those discussions. Teams usually don't even tell players they are being traded beforehand, often to maintain the integrity on ongoing negotiations. If a staffer or assistant is leaking information they would likely be fired.

People (sources)  have their own agendas and reasons for why they give information. Some of it could be to make the current GM/front office look bad. Some of it could be to intentionally spread disinformation out there. Some of it could be some guys just want to talk and they know talking to the actual media would get them fired. Talking to some internet guy (no offense @NBASupes ) or a podcast guy isn't seen on the same level.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Eddielives said:

I’m not taking a side here but there’s a big problem with one thing you said. The burden of proof always falls on the person making the claim...not for others to disprove. This is fundamental. 

You do realize the only way to actually prove something is to out the source(s) which would then end any further leaks or rumors. You have to decide if the info they share is believable or not. FWIW I do believe they have sources. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sothron said:

He did the same thing to me years back when I had three separate sources inside the hawks and the arena. So his doubting Supes is nothing new. I do believe Supes has a source and if the source says don't mention specifics then supes can't mention specifics or else the source dries up. 

I remember when you had your sources 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, DrReality said:

I remember when you had your sources 

Kinda bittersweet since people like Diesel were sending me death threats in PMs back then. When one of them sent me my personal address and threatened to rape and kill my wife that's when I left this place for years. Dolfan had to convince me to come back since the previous admin did literally nothing to stop that kind of conduct.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

8 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Kinda bittersweet since people like Diesel were sending me death threats in PMs back then. When one of them sent me my personal address and threatened to rape and kill my wife that's when I left this place for years. Dolfan had to convince me to come back since the previous admin did literally nothing to stop that kind of conduct.

Reprehensible.  Had no idea.  Sorry to hear that.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I have never had anything like that happen here, but on the Falcons message board things did get very ugly. It's really bad over there, the moderator is buddies with a handful of prominent posters and allows them to say pretty much anything, and if you respond in kind they ban you.

Edited by bleachkit
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Keyboard warriors - Alt F4's lead the way. Nothing like being present for a nerd fight and screaming "type him in the face".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1