• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, AHF said:

Levert is right there with Dinwiddle and Allen.  All nice guys to have as your 4-7 players in the rotation.  None are really core pieces worthy of being the best piece of a trade for James Harden.

The 'best piece' will be the multiple firsts they extract.  But we'll see.  I don't know if i'm believing this gets done.  watch it probably just got done. lol

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Last year's crew was missing JC for much of the year, Dedmon for the vast majority and Capela for the entire seasons.  Even if we run it back with only some useful vets and a new lottery pick, we won't be the same team next season.

I know.  I just get caught up in the "what if" dreaming every year.  Nothing's done yet so it still could happen.  I've just gotten to the "dang nothings going to happen" stage of the annual trade saga.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, Marvin24Williams said:

I’m guessing Hayward plans to opt out but Boston wants more time to see if they could find a trade for him

I just realized this said Thursday, which means after the draft tomorrow.  Which means he can't be included in a trade on draft night.

• Premium Member
Just now, bleachkit said:

Getting any of Harris, Bertans or Hayward was an uphill climb. 

We have to grow into a respectable team before any FAs will want to come here.  No one wanted to go to Golden State in 2012 just like no one wants to join us right now.  I don't even blame these guys -- it's a huge risk coming into a losing program in a smaller market.  If Trae/Collins/Cam can turn things around and expand the market here (and win games obviously), we can grow into a program guys have on their short lists.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I just realized this said Thursday, which means after the draft tomorrow.  Which means he can't be included in a trade on draft night.

So that means he can’t be included in any draft day trades correct? Definitely makes a trade more interesting if this years draft picks aren’t involved 

edit: missed the closing part of your reply my bad

Edited by Marvin24Williams

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Marvin24Williams said:

So that means he can’t be included in any draft day trades correct? Definitely makes a trade more interesting if this years draft picks aren’t involved 

edit: missed the closing part of your reply my bad

I think what this means is multi-year offers for Hayward haven't been great, so he's willing to let Boston try to get value out of him opting in and being used as a trade piece.  Not sure who would be entertaining Hayward trades though as he'd be an expensive 1 year rental

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Interview with Travis Schlenk on 92.9 The Game during the 4 o'clock hour if anyone has a radio handy. Transcription appreciated.

I have it on now -- forgot how much I hate radio, it's like 70% commercials!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

So what makes Milwaukee's picks better? 

Milwaukee's Package.

Eric Bledsoe, George Hill, and three first rounders. 

The truth is Bledsoe is not that far behind Jrue.   The first rounders are meaningless. Kinda.

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, JTB said:

I’m just wondering what we are going to do with all that cap space sitting there. This free agency isn’t great at all.

Yeah, this is my worry as well... We have $50M to allocate and pretty soon there will be nothing but scraps left.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

Yeah, this is my worry as well... We have $50M to allocate and pretty soon there will be nothing but scraps left.

Honestly I would rather pay someone one year large salary to get to the floor if need be rather than blow the cap on middling talent. Either use it on an AS player like Hayward or a need like backup PG and sit on the rest.

• Premium Member
Just now, neanderballer said:

Even if he opts in, couldn't we absorb him into salary cap space in a trade and then just extend him at a more reasonable number going forward?

It doesn't make sense.  Why would we give up assets for him when he can opt out and sign the same deal with us?

14 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

I guess the Hawks will be rummaging thru the leftovers again.  Sigh 😔

Thus the Sad life of Atlanta Hawks continues but here is the thing, if the Hawks can get to the playoffs with this crew then players would love to come to us and not using us as bargain chips to boost other teams offers

• Like 1