• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Wait a minute...has FAcy started?

Lots of crying already about not signing any FAs when it hasn't officially kicked off.

At least wait until Friday at 6:03PM

For me, I had hopes of Hayward as a big signing and while that isn't over yet, the tea leaves seem to imply that he's not opting out to sign with Atlanta.  So that's my disappointment.  Otherwise, I'm happy to wait and see.  I just don't see a lot of big impact players out there in FA.  

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Not officially but I'm sure negotiations are well underway.

I heard a former player saying it best.

When those guys sign at 12:01 AM....  Understand that the negotiating had already been done. 

As much as you like to think that there is no "tampering".... shoot.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, REHawksFan said:

For me, I had hopes of Hayward as a big signing and while that isn't over yet, the tea leaves seem to imply that he's not opting out to sign with Atlanta.  So that's my disappointment.  Otherwise, I'm happy to wait and see.  I just don't see a lot of big impact players out there in FA.  

That's why you don't have hopes, just let in play out and then yell...........I hate that deal, lol

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So this reads as if he is more likely to opt out after the draft and work a SnT on a new 4? year deal with some team.

That would seem to take Hawks out of the running.  No reason to SnT when Hawks could just sign him outright.  SnT would be for a preferred team that can't just sign him into cap space. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, REHawksFan said:

That would seem to take Hawks out of the running.  No reason to SnT when Hawks could just sign him outright.  SnT would be for a preferred team that can't just sign him into cap space. 

It only happens if he wants the Hawks.  The Hawks can still participate in a SnT, the Celtics would receive only a TPE which they can have for one year to use via trade.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Just now, kg01 said:

None of this is true.

KG.

If The Bucks are better than they were this year because of improved defense and improved shooting...  What will those picks be worth?

#29, #29, #30??  Unless Giannis leaves, those picks are meaningless.

About Jrue vs. Bledsoe. 

If you're losing Jrue and getting Eric... Yeah you lose something... but not that much .

2 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Well I don't know this for sure, I think there might be financial reasons why sign and trades are preferable for players. It's obviously preferable for the team he's leaving.

• Premium Member

Hayward played for a college in Indiana, not sure if he's from there or not. It would make sense for him wanting to go to the Pacers.

As long as we keep our players and our pick unless we swing for a homerun I'm happy with our team. Having a full season with Collins and Capella will be a huge, huge difference from last season. Add in added growth from all the young players and we will be a better team.

The only bad thing the entire East is better and keeps getting better every season in our rebuild.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Just now, Sothron said:

Hayward played for a college in Indiana, not sure if he's from there or not. It would make sense for him wanting to go to the Pacers.

As long as we keep our players and our pick unless we swing for a homerun I'm happy with our team. Having a full season with Collins and Capella will be a huge, huge difference from last season. Add in added growth from all the young players and we will be a better team.

The only bad thing the entire East is better and keeps getting better every season in our rebuild.

his wife is and they just built a huge house there.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Sothron said:

Yeah...that sounds like Indiana fans get another white guy to cheer for.

Not to make this racial or anything but let's be real. 

It does feel like a better fit for him to be honest... our team has been active in the community, getting ppl out to vote [to defeat trump], and in general seem to get along well and be on the same page with each other culturally.  I don't know how Hayward would fit in here off the court.  I wouldn't be upset if we got him but I won't be upset if he goes to Indiana either.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

It does feel like a better fit for him to be honest... our team has been active in the community, getting ppl out to vote [to defeat trump], and in general seem to get along well and be on the same page with each other culturally.  I don't know how Hayward would fit in here off the court.  I wouldn't be upset if we got him but I won't be upset if he goes to Indiana either.

I'll put it in terms @kg01 would approve of:

You  know when you go to McDonald's and hope the McRib is back? If it is back, hey great! McRib time. If it isn't, well, no big loss I'll get a Big Mac.

G. Hayward is our McRib. If he's coming to the ATL hey great! if it isn't, well, no big loss.

mcrib-feature.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2