• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, ShooterSays said:

Ummmm what? - 5 words: Matt Ryan and Freddie Freeman. I think the community loves them. Everyone loved Korver too.

It all comes down to winning. If you win, you're going to be a hero in this town, no matter what your culture. So there's no reason to make it about that. If an elite player doesn't fit your culture and we're making it about that, why would he or anyone else ever come here?

Errr, I'm not saying Hayward shouldn't come because he's white.  My understanding is he was clashing with guys in Boston over political stuff.  I don't really know how true that is but if guys are passionate and hold opposing views on politics/social issues it absolutely can affect on court chemistry.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Diesel said:

KG.

If The Bucks are better than they were this year because of improved defense and improved shooting...  What will those picks be worth?

#29, #29, #30??  Unless Giannis leaves, those picks are meaningless.

About Jrue vs. Bledsoe. 

If you're losing Jrue and getting Eric... Yeah you lose something... but not that much .

Don't be a robot.  Watch Bledsoe in the playoffs disappear on both ends and tell me there's not a massive drop off for him when it matters.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I'll put it in terms @kg01 would approve of:

You  know when you go to McDonald's and hope the McRib is back? If it is back, hey great! McRib time. If it isn't, well, no big loss I'll get a Big Mac.

G. Hayward is our McRib. If he's coming to the ATL hey great! if it isn't, well, no big loss.

mcrib-feature.jpg

I'm giving you a standing ovation rn.

All the other soccer parents think it's peculiar I'm applauding while some kid's hurt but they don't know their disapproving stares only fuel me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Is not the end of the world if we do not sign Hayward or Harris.

There are other options that should be cheaper and might fit even better our team as Jae Crowder, Jerami Grant, Christian Wood, Gallinari, Harkless, Bertans, Wilson Chandler, Derrick Jones Jr, KCP, Hood, Temple, Forbes, Korkmaz, McRae, Ibaka, Favors, Hernagomez, Clarkson, Dunn, Ferrell, Napier, Frank Jackson, Burke, Teague.....

Just imagine we end with Crowder, Wood, Napier and KCP. Crowder is better fit in my mind that Hayward, KCP and Wood would be terrific additions....

Add that to a group of Trae, Huerter, Cam, Hunter, Collins, Capela, Dedmon, Skal, and 6th pick. That is a good team.

There are lot of options out there

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

The 'best piece' will be the multiple firsts they extract.  But we'll see.  I don't know if i'm believing this gets done.  watch it probably just got done. lol

How good are firsts going to be with Durant, Harden and Irving?  Those picks are most likely going to be in the same range that Levert and Allen were picked and the odds of those picks being as good those players is not very good because most 20-something picks don't end up that good.

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Don't be a robot.  Watch Bledsoe in the playoffs disappear on both ends and tell me there's not a massive drop off for him when it matters.

I'd support this but Jrue has made the playoffs once in the last 5 years.  It isn't like he is Mr. Reliable Playoff Stud.

(I do have more confidence in Jrue to step up and think he is the better player by a significant margin but just saying he doesn't have much of a track record.)

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, AHF said:

How good are firsts going to be with Durant, Harden and Irving? 

They would be useless to Schlenk but for the after pick 19 talent evaluators like Miami's gm, San Antonio's Gm, The raptor or Denver's gm...They would mean something!

🤓

• Moderators
Just now, Peoriabird said:

They would be useless to Schlenk but for the after pick 19 talent evaluators like Miami's gm, San Antonio's Gm, The raptor or Denver's gm...They would mean something!

🤓

So useful to teams other than Houston that is acquiring the picks.  That's relevant how?

• Like 1

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, AHF said:

So useful to teams other than Houston that is acquiring the picks.  That's relevant how?

FWIW here are the first picks in the 20-something range by these guys over the last 15 or so years:

Miami:  Shabazz Napier, Wayne Simien

San Antonio:   Derreck White, Dejounte Murray, Nikola Milutinov, Kyle Anderson, Livio Jean-Charles, Corey Joseph, James Anderson, Tiago Splitter, George Hill, Ian Mahinmi, Beno Udrih

Toronto:  OG Anunoby, Paskal Siakam, Delon Wright, Bruno Caboclo, Chris Jeffries

Denver:  Erick Green (traded a 20-something first round pick for him so I'm including him, maybe would have been better keeping the pick which was Rudy Gobert), Evan Fournier, Kenneth Faried, Julius Hodge, Linas Kleiza

Am I supposed to be impressed by this track record as a return for an MVP?  One single All-Star appearance and a bunch of busts and journeyman players?

If you are talking about second round picks, those aren't part of the Harden return so not part of this discussion.

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I can say the same about Giannis.   It doesn't make him less valuable does it??

I'm not saying that Jrue is not better.  I'm just saying that Bledsoe is not far behind. 

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, AHF said:

San Antonio drafted Parker, Genobili, Derrick White in the late 20's and the Dragon in the 2nd

Denver drafted Jokic, Jeremy grant, Bol Bol in the 2nd round

Toronto drafted Siakum and OG late 1st round

Heck even Utah Picked up Gobert late 1st and Paul Millsap in the second.  All of the team added significant undrafted free agents like VanFleet, Nunn,Joe Ingles, Royce Oneal, Duncan Robinson just to name a few.

While the Nets & Sixers are believed to be frontrunners for James Harden, Boston Celtics are making a late push for Harden. They are trying to flip Kemba Walker and Gordon Hayward for picks and young assets that would appeal to Houston, frantically.

Looks like an arms race has started!!!

• Moderators
Just now, Peoriabird said:

San Antonio drafted Parker, Genobili, Derrick White in the late 20's and the Dragon in the 2nd

Denver drafted Jokic, Jeremy grant, Bol Bol in the 2nd round

Toronto drafted Siakum and OG late 1st round

Heck even Denver Picked up Gobert late 1st and Paul Millsap in the second.  All of the team added significant undrafted free agents like VanFleet, Nunn,Joe Ingles, Royce Oneal, Duncan Robinson just to name a few.

We are talking about late first round picks.  Not sure why you are bringing up 2nd rounders.  Parker was selected 20 years ago under a different GM but sure we can count that.

Nobody for Denver in the first round.  They traded the pick that became Gobert.  Please don't tell me you are crediting that as brilliant GMing.  Come on now.

Again, who cares about undrafted free agents?  How is that relevant to the proper trade value of an MVP?

Feels like you are just trying to bash TS and loosely tying it to the discussion of the Harden trade.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I can say the same about Giannis.   It doesn't make him less valuable does it??

I'm not saying that Jrue is not better.  I'm just saying that Bledsoe is not far behind. 

Teams design their entire defense to stop giannis.  Bledsoe just forgets how to sport during the playoffs.  Subtle difference. 

Truthfully, we agree more than disagree on this.  I'm just chain-yankin.

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, AHF said:

We are talking about late first round picks.  Not sure why you are bringing up 2nd rounders.  Parker was selected 20 years ago under a different GM but sure we can count that.

Nobody for Denver in the first round.  They traded the pick that became Gobert.  Please don't tell me you are crediting that as brilliant GMing.  Come on now.

Again, who cares about undrafted free agents?  How is that relevant to the proper trade value of an MVP?

Feels like you are just trying to bash TS and loosely tying it to the discussion of the Harden trade.

Just pointing out that other gms can find talent outside the 1st 19 picks...That's all...Its just a coincidence that Schlenk cannot therefore Hawk fans deem those picks useless