Ask Supes

NBASupes

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

This ultimately helps Boston as it gives Boston the asset to take on a big contract via a trade like Steven Adams or Andre Drummond. 

I was just about to post this as a possible option of why Boston most likely asked to delay the opt in/out after the new league year, to avoid the hard cap issue with the TPE using it on a player like those you mentioned.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
Just now, GameTime said:

I actually like Hayward at a decent price. Not a "hefty" 4-5 year deal price. Will he average 50 games or less a season the rest of his career?

We can't offer a 5 year deal, so there's that at least 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Something doesn't smell right.  There is NO incentive for the Hawks or Hayward to work a sign and trade if he truly wants to come to Atlanta.  I'm skeptical that this is another use of the Hawks as leverage.

💯

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, JTB said:

I think smart is included in the deal for the 6th pick . Then Boston will use that and kemba for harden to the rockets. Rockets will proceed with trading away Westbrick 

Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!  Not 6....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Something doesn't smell right.  There is NO incentive for the Hawks or Hayward to work a sign and trade if he truly wants to come to Atlanta.  I'm skeptical that this is another use of the Hawks as leverage.

The only thing this can do help Boston. TPE would be a massive win for them

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The only thing this can do help Boston. TPE would be a massive win for them

Which makes no sense.  What's the incentive for the Hawks or Hayward to do this if he really wanted to come to Atlanta?

• Like 2

Which makes no sense.  What's the incentive for the Hawks or Hayward to do this if he really wanted to come to Atlanta?

A trade compensation draft pick unless Boston wants Dedmon which will help them for a three way trade to land them a big they actually want.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 3

• Premium Member

For Hayward ---

1. Not screwing over the team that gave you a big deal to leave Utah
2. Slightly greater annual raises

Neither of those make too much sense, which is why Hayward is almost certainly heading to a team not in Georgia.

• Like 1