• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We get an asset for facilitating, Boston gets a TPE the value of whatever Gordon's salary is, it's valid for 1 year for them to use to acquire a player(s) equal to the value of the TPE.

An asset for facilitating...that’s fancy talk for a 2nd rd pick in other words that will go overseas to play ? 

• Premium Member
Just now, JTB said:

Ok I guess I’m upset because we are helping a team I consider a rival and a gm I consider a snake 

I get it and I don't like it either especially help the Green, but I'm not overly bothered.  It happens all the time.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, REHawksFan said:

So if they trade for Hayward what does that do to Hawks cap this year and going forward? Would it be 1 year of Hayward or a new deal for multiple years? 

If it's a SnT it's a new deal with 3-4 years for Hayward lower than his $34 mil opt in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

I don't know how a SnT is possible but Boston wants a TPE so they can do a blockbuster deal. Can someone @thecampster tell me how this is possible. This is what I got about a hour ago from a Boston lead. Aren't these guys hard capped?

I went over the details here 

IMHO, this won't be an extend and trade (though its possible...stupid but possible). This will be something closer to Hayward opts in, waives trade kicker. Hawks send Dwayne Dedmon to Boston. Boston sends Hayward + one of their picks to Atlanta (I'm assuming 14).

Now Boston is currently 10 million into the LT. If they completed the trade as I stated above, they clear 21 million off their cap. Thereby, they can take back another player via exception up to $26 million in value (rounded).

If its an extension, it can be up to 20% less than this years salary in the 1st year of the extension. That brings the lowest year 2 salary down to $26 million at the least.

Lastly....Boston can't receive a sign and traded player. But they can send one out. The rule prohibits them from receiving a sign n trade.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, neanderballer said:

Remember they can't combine a TPE with other assets in an outgoing trade.

Boston isn't sending out a TPE, they are getting one from us. so if we sign Hayward at $22 mil, that's the value of the TPE.

Boston can then use the TPE on one player worth $22 mil or get multiple players totaling $22 mil.

2 minutes ago, JTB said:

Damn ok I’m liking this deal a bit more if we can get a late first rd pick 

lol, you are easily satisfied. :hehe:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

For a TPE this big, Boston would have to give up a real asset. A late 1st makes sense.

For a TPE this big...they'd be giving up 14. It isn't worth taking on the salary for one in the 20's. They're also looking for a Center. Send them Dedmon and they have no need for 14.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Boston isn't sending out a TPE, they are getting one from us. so if we sign Hayward at $22 mil, that's the value of the TPE.

Boston can then use the TPE on one player worth $22 mil or get multiple players totaling $22 mil.

I was more talking if Boston is trying to use the TPE to acquire another player, it would have to be a team that is just looking to Salary dump right?

4 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I went over the details here 

IMHO, this won't be an extend and trade (though its possible...stupid but possible). This will be something closer to Hayward opts in, waives trade kicker. Hawks send Dwayne Dedmon to Boston. Boston sends Hayward + one of their picks to Atlanta (I'm assuming 14).

Now Boston is currently 10 million into the LT. If they completed the trade as I stated above, they clear 21 million off their cap. Thereby, they can take back another player via exception up to $26 million in value (rounded).

If its an extension, it can be up to 20% less than this years salary in the 1st year of the extension. That brings the lowest year 2 salary down to $26 million at the least.

Lastly....Boston can't receive a sign and traded player. But they can send one out. The rule prohibits them from receiving a sign n trade.

So essentially it's just Hayward + 14 for Dedmon + TPE. Sign me up for that.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
Just now, neanderballer said:

I was more talking if Boston is trying to use the TPE to acquire another player, it would have to be a team that is just looking to Salary dump right?

Not neccessarily a salary dump, they can get a good player like say Stephen Adams if the TPE is large enough but they'll also have to include a pick to OKC for him.

7 minutes ago, thecampster said:

THIS is what I like to hear!! 14 and Hayward for Dedmon. I like it.

Edited by REHawksFan
  • Like 2